C 013

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sleek black car glided to a stop right in front of the entrance to one of the biggest and tallest buildings of Seoul-Oh Enterprises. A man wearing a crisp black suit jumped out of the passenger seat in the front. With steady practiced steps, he went to stand beside the back door and opened it. And out stepped Suho. He looked up at the building in front of him, just like he always does every morning when he turns up for work. There was a hint of greed in his eyes, as they roamed over the steel and glass structure looming above him. A faint smirk tugged at his lips. This would soon become mine.

Suho lazily waved his hand as a sign of courtesy towards people who bowed at him respectfully as he entered through the huge glass double doors, with twenty or so men in black suits trailing behind him.

“Mr.Kim, you have a meeting with Mr. Min, director of KMP mobiles scheduled at 10 am this morning.” Suho’s PA said, looking at the tablet he was holding. “Shall I get the meeting room ready by then, sir?”

Suho was about to reply when his eyes caught sight a guy wearing a worn out travelling cloak, standing towards one corner of the lobby, trying to blend in with the morning crowd so as not to stand out and gain unwanted attention.

“Cancel the meeting.” Suho said softly, his eyes narrowing dangerously.

“Sir?” The PA asked, unsure whether he heard correctly or not.

“Clear all my schedule for this morning.” Suho repeated. “I have something more important to attend to.”

“Yes, Sir.” The PA said, though he looked confused, as though he was trying to figure out what could possibly be more important than meeting with the director of the country’s best cell phone company.

As Suho and his team passed the space where the guy wearing the travelling cloak was standing, Suho gave a brief nod to the said person and carried on.

 

“So?” Suho said, smiling widely. “What have you got for me this time?”

The guy wearing the travelling cloak placed an envelope on the table with a significant look in his eyes. Both Suho and he were alone in Suho’s office, which spanned the entire top floor of the company. Three out of the four walls were completely made of glass, giving one a clear view of the sprawling city of Seoul from a head spinning height.

“What is this place?” Suho asked as his eyes bored into the photo on the table, which was previously packed inside the envelope. It depicted Sehun and his friends with the same girl, in the middle of a snow ball fight. Suho felt his lips curling at the obvious happiness the people on the photo were exuding.

“It’s Jinhae, sir.” The spy replied promptly. “South of Seoul.”

“I see.” Suho replied. “Anything else worth my notice?”

“Sir.” The spy replied. “A human, who is apparently the girl’s friend has found out Sehun and his friends’ identity.”

“Interesting.” Suho said without smiling.

“What is my next task?” The spy asked.

“For now do nothing. Keep a low profile until I call for you.” Suho said, not taking his eyes off the photo. “Understood?”

“Yes, sir.” The spy bowed.

“And one more thing.” Suho said, eyebrows scrunching, showing his displeasure. “Never ever come to my office without any prior notice. I cannot risk raising suspicions by associating myself with shady bastards like you in public.”

“I apologize.” The spy immediately replied. A look from Suho was more than enough for him to understand that he was dismissed.

 

“So when are we making the big move?” Suho asked, as he seated himself behind his desk in his private study in his exclusive villa that night. The study was panelled completely in wood with a merry fire crackling in the fireplace. Thick carpets covered the wooden floor, while thick, dark curtains adorned the wall length windows.

“Patience, son.” Mrs.Oh reminded him as she slowly paced around the spacious study.

“We have already wasted too much time, mother.” Suho argued. “Sehun is about to graduate and unless we do something soon, dad will make him inherit everything and all my hard work would go in vain.”

“I know, son. But we should be careful so as not to get out hands dirty, even if we are playing a really dirty game.”

“I don’t understand.” Suho said, creases appearing on his forehead due to extreme concentration.

“Yes, we have planned a great deal of things.” Mrs.Oh said, finally stopping her pacing as she stands before her son. “But no one should find out that we started everything, once the plans are set in motion. That is the only way you can secure your position as the future president of Oh Enterprises.”

“So, we should find someone else to do the job and let take the blame in the end.” Suho said, smiling as he caught onto what his mother was implying.

“Exaclty.” Mrs.Oh smirked. “Do you have any worthy candidates on your mind?”

“Well.” Suho grinned, his eyes flashing dangerously. “As a matter of fact, I do.”

“Oh and son, we might also need a small army at our disposal.”

“Already taken care of. They will come into action soon enough, mother.”

 

The arrival lounge filled with people at Incheon international airport and Suho waited patiently among the crowd, his eyes trained on Gate 6A directly in front of him, which was now streaming with newly disembarked passengers. He smiled as soon as his eyes fell on the person he had been waiting for quite some time now.

The girl was very petite, her black dress clinging on to her body, accentuating her sensual curves. Her elaborately curled chocolate brown hair bounced in time with her walking. Suho raised one of his eyebrows. Her dress was too short, ending several inches about her knee, in a very scandalous manner. The black wedges she was wearing were tapping smartly on the polished airport floor.

“Only you would dare to wear such skimpy clothes in this weather.” Suho commented as soon as the girl was near enough to hear him.

“The cold has never bothered me, dear friend.” The girl responded in a soft voice. “And never will.”

“Yeah. Not even the weather can beat our powerful illusionist.” Suho smiled, just as the girl put her arms around him , giving him a very tight hug. “Welcome back to Korea, Hae Won.” Suho said, hugging her back.

“I am honestly quite surprised.” Hae Won said in a mellow voice as she followed Suho out of the airport. Suho’s PA was waiting right outside with the car ready. As soon as his eyes fell on Suho, he made a polite bow and moved forward to pick up Hae Won’s bags from the trolley and proceeded to put them in the trunk. “You never bothered to keep in touch with me when I went abroad. So, why would you invite me to Korea all of a sudden?”

“There are a lot of things happening here that are making the least sense.” Suho said, his face morphing into a serious look. “Sehun has changed.”

That one simple se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter