C 016

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A dull pain registered at the back of Hana’s head as she was thrown off her feet and slammed on to the polished floor. She opened her eyes only to see black spots erupting over her vision.  There also was a hollow echo of the explosion in her ears making it hard for her to hear the racket going around her.

“Hana!! Watch out!!” She heard a panicked shout. She looked around and spotted Chanyeol’s horror struck face, pale as moonlight as he stood a few paces away, one arm outstretched as though to pull her out of harm’s way. He was not looking at her. His eyes were trained on to the chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Hana followed his gaze and felt blood draining from her face. The huge and not to mention heavy, crystal chandelier was hanging on a single nail on the ceiling. It was swaying dangerously, unhinging itself more and more in the process. Hana was lying right underneath it. Before she could roll herself to safety, with a deafening groan, the chandelier pulled itself clean off the hinges and fell with surety, closing the distance towards Hana in lightning speed.  She covered her face with her hands and turned around so that she was lying face down on the floor, waiting for the million crystals to tear her flesh apart.

But it never happened.

Hana gingerly opened her eyes and saw the crystals getting blown off course.  Not a single one made the barest of scratches on her skin.

“You all right?” Sehun asked from behind her. His irises were glowing a bright azure and his hair as well as his clothes was gently blowing in the wind which he commanded just moments ago to save Hana’s life. He gently pulled her to her feet and tucked her to his side. Hana noticed that by then, Jongin, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had silently joined Sehun’s side, Jongin and Chanyeol loosely flanking Sehun on both sides.

All of them looked murderous, their attention focused on whoever was facing them. There were five men. Calling them just mere men was an understatement, Hana thought.  These people were so powerfully built that it made her boys look like a big pathetic joke standing in front of them. But it was not their build that made Hana’s heart stutter and stumble, rather, it was what they were.

“Vampires.” Hana breathed. She felt herself shivering as a vague memory of her brief encounter with another vampire came to her mind. It felt like it happened ages ago, instead of just a couple of months back. But the senses she had associated with the encounter came flooding back, making her knees feel weak. The smell of blood, rotten flesh, the feel of those dead greyish skin on …it was too much for to handle.

“It’s all right.” Sehun’s lips brushed her ear. “You are safe with us.” Sehun gently pushed Hana behind him as though shielding her from the vampires. This earned a smirk from one of them. Sehun turned to the side and gave a brief nod to Jongin. Jongin nodded back and gently moved towards Hana.

“I’m going to teleport you back to Sehun’s place, okay?” Jongin whispered to Hana. But before he could grab her and vanish, one of the vampires launched on to Jongin and punched him on the face, throwing Jongin five feet into the air before he crashed to the floor in a crumpled heap. The vampire then grabbed Hana by her shoulders and pinned her to the floor, his incisors elongating in a grotesque manner, so that he can sink them on her soft skin. The weight of the vampire on top of her was suffocating her and the numbness coursing through her body due to reduced blood circulation made her unaware of how the fallen crystals of the chandelier were digging on to her back, how her warm blood was pooling on the floor and how it was making the vampires around her more and more blood thirsty.

Before the vampire pinning her could do anything to her, he was pulled off her body by Chanyeol. He started burning bright gold and a huge plume of fire erupted from his hands, which engulfed the vampire in seconds. Only ashes remained.

“Don’t kill them all.” Baekhyun ordered. “We need at least one of them alive to know who sent them.” He sent a blinding flash of light towards one of the vampires, who dropped down to the floor like a puppet cut off its strings, faint smoke emanating from its purplish skin.

Sehun and Kyungsoo meanwhile managed to contain three of the remaining vampires on the ground, with Kyunsgoo commanding the earth so that half their bodies were trapped underneath the floor.

“Who sent you?” Sehun growled at one of the trapped vampires. The vampire gave a raucous laughter in return.

“Go yourself.” The vampire spat. Even though his body language screamed defiance, his eyes kept darting towards certain someone. Sehun didn’t even have to look around to see who the vampire was look at.

Sehun got to his feet and climbed the stairs two at a time until he was standing in front of Suho.

“The party is real fun, don’t you think?” Suho leaned in and whispered in Sehun’s ear. Then morphing his face into one that looked concerned, he Sehun’s cheek and said loudly so that everyone could hear:

 “Sehun, why would you ruin your father’s business party like this? Why are you bringing your private brawls into our honourable house and ruining our family’s reputation? Why are you doing this to your family?”

“Go to hell, you bastard.” Sehun screamed as he punched Suho’s face so hard, he felt his own knuckles crack with the effort. He straddled Suho who was lying on the floor, bleeding profusely from the temple and punched him left and right. Suho kept smiling manically as though things were happening how he wanted them to be.

“Stop this!” Mr.Oh roared.  “Stop hurting my son!”

That made Sehun stop. He turned around and saw his father standing at the top of the stairs, plain fury written all over his face.

“I invited you to the party today to give you a second chance to right your ways and to make you accept your mother and brother as your family. I thought that if you spent some time away from us, you would realize that you are lucky to have a family and comeback to us. Guess I was wrong all along. You are bad blood Sehun. You really are. It was your mother who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter