C 008

The Point of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning dawned bright and sunny and Hana stifled a yawn as she reached for her phone as she sat tangled up in her duvet. As soon as she unlocked her phone, she saw that there was a message waiting for her to be read. She checked who it was from and choked on her own breath as the name ‘Sehun’ flashed in front of her eyes.

Suddenly feeling self conscious as though Sehun himself was in the room with her, she opened the message.

“I’m in front of your house to pick you up. Will wait for you for 30 min. if you don’t turn up within 30 min, I’m gonna assume that you are still a wimp.”

Hana quickly checked the time when the message was actually received. It was exactly ten minutes ago. That means she only has twenty minutes to get ready before Sehun branded her as someone who is good-for-nothing. She scrambled out of the bed, muttering profanities and went to her window and yanked the curtains back and took a look at the street below.

There was no mistaking the blue Maserati. It was parked right in front of her house. What was more, Sehun was sitting on top of it’s hood, looking extremely relaxed. He looked like a model for an outdoor photoshoot in his beige leather jacket paired with a cream turtle neck and faded blue jeans. As though aware that she was looking down at him, Sehun snapped his face up and their eyes met. Hana wanted to duck out of sight, but his eyes held her in place. He gently tapped his watch with his index finger and smirked, indicating that her time was running out.

“Damn it.” Hana cursed out and pulled the curtain back in place before running to the bathroom.

 

“You are ten minutes late.” Sehun observed as he saw a slightly sweaty Hana standing before him, her roughly packed bag hanging off one of her shoulders.

“At least I decided to come.” Hana grumbled.

“Yeah, I’m letting you off this time because of that.” Sehun informed her. He hopped lightly off the hood and walked towards the driver’s side.

“Get in.” He called out. “We are slightly running late.”

“Where is Jongin?” Hana asked immediately registering Jongin’s absence as soon as she got in the car and buckled herself. He has never missed a day to college before.

“He has an errand to run. He will turn up a little late today.” Sehun informed as he started driving.

“What kind of errand?” Hana asked curiously.

“You don’t need to know.” Sehun raised one of his eyebrows sceptically. “It doesn’t concern you.”

“Jerk.” Hana muttered under her breath.

“I heard that.” Sehun snapped loudly.

They bickered all the way to the uni and by the time they reached the parking lot, they had run out of names to call each other.

Both of them walked side by side to advanced calculus. Mr.Lee had already arrived and he gave a disgusted look at both of them before waving his hands to indicate that he wanted them settled as soon as possible. Both of them quickly went to their usual seats and pulled out their books.

As soon as the lecture started, Hana literally forgot all her troubles and was busy making notes for the latest topics being discussed. A small piece of paper appeared on top of her book. She took it and flipped it open.

“You did well.” It read. Hana looked sideways at Sehun and saw him give her a rare smile and a wink.

 

Jongin arrived just before advanced calculus ended and he was waiting for both Sehun and Hana just outside the lecture hall.

“Hana!!!” Jongin exclaimed. “I thought you would take the day off! But I’m really happy to see you.”

“I don’t think I can survive even a single day without seeing you.” Hana joked. “That’s why I turned up.”

“Does it mean then that you will come to the café later this evening too?” He asked, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

“Of course.” Hana promised. She looked significantly at Sehun and found his face glowing with pride. She blushed a little.

They went different ways after that since advanced calculus was the only subject they attended together. Jongin promised her that he would reserve the biggest table in the cafeteria for lunch. Hana waved at Jongin, smiled at Sehun and walked away.

 

Just as he had promised, Jongin was occupying the biggest table for lunch when Hana arrived at the cafeteria. Smiling lightly, Hana walked forwards and sat beside Jongin. Sehun arrived a minute later, his hands laden with three trays of food, perfectly balanced.

“So did your errand go fine?” Hana asked casually, as she loaded with rice and kimchi stew.

“Yeah. It was smooth.” Jongin said carelessly. “Speaking of which.” He turned towards Sehun. “Lay said that no one has come visiting cell 514 since it got occupied. I also checked with Chen who had the visitors’ registry fully updated. It tallied with what Lay said. So everything’s under control for now.”

A heavy silence followed his declaration. Hana’s spoon clattered to her plate. She looked at Jongin with open mouth. Even though she understood nothing, something told her that whatever Jongin said had a connection with her. To prove her suspicions true, she noticed Sehun looking angry as he glared at Jongin, his right hand clenched into a tight fist, making his veins strain against his pale skin. It took a moment for Jongin to realize what he had done. He slapped a palm to his forehead.

“Someone just kill me.” He muttered.

“Who did you visit in cell 514?  What  is cell 514? And who are Lay and Chen?” Hana asked looking back and forth between Jongin and Sehun.

Jongin flashed an apologetic smile at Sehun while the latter looked mad.

“It’s none of your business.” Sehun said with clenched teeth.

Fortunately, a distraction came right then in the form of Go Yu Ri, one of Sehun’s biggest fangirls who was known to fancy him right from the time she joined uni. She was also one of those girls who threw a tantrum when they saw the blooming friendship between the boys and Hana.

“, let’s talk.” She said loudly and the entire cafeteria went silent and a few of the people stood on tables to get a better look at what was going on.

Jongin’s face scrunched up in anger and he was about to stand up when Sehun pulled him back down by his sleeve.

“Prove yourself. Now.” He mouthed at Hana and shook his head warningly at Jongin indicating that he was not supposed to interfere.

Hana gulped and looked at Yu Ri who was obviously fuming with anger. Her face was blotchy red and Hana could almost see steam issuing from her ears. She reluctantly stood up but felt slightly better to know that she was a head taller than Yu Ri.

“What’s your problem?” Hana asked. Her hands were shaking in fear but her voice was thankfully steady.

“I can’t believe this.” Yu Ri let out a demented laughter. “The is playing innocent.”

Hana felt her anger rising when she heard Yu Ri addressing her as a .

“What’s your problem?” She repeated.

“You are my problem.” Yu Ri growled. “How dare you seduce Sehun and Jongin! They are mine. You just stay away from them. Is that clear? if I see you around them again, I don’t even know what I might do to you. This is my first and last warning. Go seduce someone else.”

“They are my friends and I will hang out with them whichever way I want. Whether they want me around them or not is definitely their decision. Not yours. So mind your own business.” Hana snapped.

Yu Ri started swelling up like a puffer fish in anger and she raised her hand to slap Hana. Sensing what was coming, Hana closed her eyes waiting for the impact. But it never came. She gingerly opened one of her eyes and saw Yu Ri’s face looking shook. Hana opened both her eyes and stifled a gasp. Sehun was on his feet and he had Yu Ri’s outstretched h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter