We Are Both

First Weeks and Friends

 

Kongpob wakes up from the sound of his alarm. He put the volume down the night before so as to not wake his boyfriend up. He set the alarm a little earlier so he can have time to pick up his things from his dorm. M left him a message yesterday saying he brought Kongpob's stuff to his dorm. He smiles contently as he looks at his hubby sleeping soundly and snuggly in his arms. I can get used to this.

He does a soft squeeze of the body he's embracing before gently getting up. He lightly puts his hands on Arthit's forehead and is relieved that his temperature has gone back to normal. As much as he wants to stay where he is and spend the rest of the day attached to his P', he needs to make sure his patient will eat breakfast and take his medicine. He also has a class today, so he really needs to start moving.

After doing his morning routine and buying chicken soup for breakfast, Kongpob gently shakes Arthit to wake him.

"P'Arthit..."

"P'Arthit..."

Nothing.

"Hubby..."

Arthit's eyes instantly open.

"You really like being called "hubby" huh?"

Arthit rolls on the other side of the bed and buries his blushing face on the pillow. "Kong, I want to sleep more. Stop bothering me."

"You can sleep more later. Eat breakfast with me first." Kongpob gently drags Arthit to the table where their food is waiting.

"Where is my pink milk?" Arthit pouts when he notices what's missing for his breakfast.

"I didn't buy you one today. But I'll buy you once you've fully recovered."

"But I'm not sick anymore!"

Kongpob drags his chair beside Arthit. "Okay... Here's what I'm gonna do."

He takes a spoonful of chicken soup close to Arthit's mouth. "I'll feed you breakfast first, and you take your medicine. And then later when I get home, I'm gonna buy you pink milk," he explains as if he's talking to a baby.

Arthit, now blushing again, takes his spoon from his boyfriend's hand and avoids eye contact. Having Kongpob sitting close to him makes him remember the kiss they shared yesterday. "I'll feed myself. You go and finish your food too."

Kongpob gives up and eats his own food.

Arthit can't focus on eating, however. Whenever Kongpob blows on the hot soup, he can't help but stare at his lips. Arthit feels his own lips, trying to feel yesterday's kiss again. It's not bad.

"P'Arthit, why are you smiling?"

"Huh?" Arthit is taken aback. "I just remembered something."

"Is it what I'm thinking too?"

"What are you talking about? Uh, it's Bright that I remembered."

"But P'Bright is not the one you kissed yesterday, P'."

"Kongpob!"


After making Arthit take his medicine and washing the dishes, Kongpob gets ready to leave.

"P'Arthit, are you sure you can go to class today?"

"Yes, I feel better already. Besides, the class is not until later this afternoon, so I can rest more. Now, stop worrying, and go to your class."

Kongpob doesn't move, however, and just stands there, directly staring at his boyfriend's eyes.

"Why are you still standing there? You'll be late! What are you waiting for?" Arthit asks in confusion and motions to the door.

"I'm waiting for my goodbye kiss."

"What goodbye kiss?! Just go now!"

"But P'..." Before Kongpob can finish his whining, Arthit gives him an unexpected quick peck on the lips and shoves him out the door, leaving him smiling the whole way to his dorm.

Kongpob is not really counting, but he's glad that their second and third kisses happened on two consecutive days. He's excited for his classes to be done so he can redeem his fourth.

 

~

"Kongpob?" Arthit knocks on Kongpob's dorm room, but no one answers. He tries again but to no avail. Maybe he's in the shower.

He moves the plastic bag that contains the food he ordered out to his other hand to grab Kongpob's room key from his pocket. He rarely uses Kongpob's key. He prefers having him open the door to let his boyfriend have his privacy, but this time, he uses it to not let the food he brought get cold.

He wants to thank Kongpob for thanking care of him while he was sick, so right after his class, he went straight to the food stalls and bought their dinner.

Arthit opens the door and sees his boyfriend sitting by the table watching something on his laptop with his earphones on. So that's why he can't hear me.

He walks in closer with the intention of surprising Kongpob but stops dead in his tracks when he saw what's playing on Kongpob's laptop.

He feels the heat rushing to his face as he sees two men going at it. He doesn't know what he's shyer of, catching his boyfriend watching or seeing gay for the first time.

Arthit doesn't know what to do. He takes a step back slowly, ready to leave, but he freezes when he sees Kongpob insert his left hand inside his shorts. He drops the food he is carrying when his boyfriend starts himself.

"What!" Kongpob jumps back from his chair from the sudden sound of something dropping and immediately looks back with surprise and embarrassment in his face when he sees his P' whose face has now turned into a deep shade of blue.

He stands from where he's sitting, accidentally pulling his earphones' plug connected to his laptop, letting the deep moans of the two guys come out. He slams the laptop shut in panic. "P'Arthit, why—"

"I think I should leave." Arthit escapes from his boyfriend's dorm, forgetting the food he dropped.

"P'Arthit!" Kongpob cries out as he runs after Arthit but stops at his door when he realizes he can't run after him with his hard-on.

M told him before how embarrassing it is to be caught , but he didn't know it's THIS EMBARRASSING. His own boyfriend even caught him doing it all by himself.

Kongpob decides to make himself decent first and fix the food that's left on the floor before facing his P'.

 

~

"P, Arthit, I know you're there." Kongpob's knocking gets louder that Arthit had no choice but to open his door before his neighbors complain.

He sees his boyfriend carrying the food he bought, so he takes it from his hands and sets it on the table.

He's not invited, but Kongpob makes his way in. They don't talk until the food is set and they're eating together.

"P'Arthit..."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Why? It's normal," Kongpob says, not minding the embarrassment he still feels.

"I know."

Arthit has a lot in his mind. When he visited Kongpob earlier, he also wanted to talk about their upcoming date with Namtarn and Joy. He thinks about bringing it up now, but they already have a lot on their plates.

They continue eating in silence until Kongpob opens his mouth again.

"I was researching."

Arthit chokes on his food. His boyfriend hands him a glass of water.

This new information sends chills down Arthit's spine. He knows that eventually, they will get to that level of their relationship, but he didn't know that it's in Kongpob's mind already. We've just been together for two weeks!

Arthit continues eating his food, and when he's done, he takes a look at Kongpob.

"I'm not yet ready, Kong," he admits in a serious tone.

"What?"

"I said I'm not yet ready... to do... that."

"P'Arthit, I'm not telling you that we will do it soon. I just want to know things... so when the time comes, I'm prepared," Kongpob explains with a suggestive smile.

"Kongpob!"

Arthit stands up and turns on the TV to be occupied, not that it does anything because his mind goes to the screen he saw earlier.

His boyfriend cleans the table and throws the trash outside. When he gets back, he sits beside Arthit. They stayed there in silence until Arthit breaks it.

"I was supposed to thank you for taking care of me. That's why I went to your room."

Kongpob just nods.

Arthit holds his hand. "Thank you, Kong."

Kongpob smiles upon the realization that his boyfriend is okay now. "Anything for you, P'Arthit."

"But I didn't know you're a ert. Seriously? Watching early in the evening?"

"P', I'm not a ert! I told you I was just researching."

Arthit just shakes his head.

"P', I'm not ready, too. That's why I did that."

There's silence.


 

"P'Arthit, I have a question."

Arthit looks at him.

"Have you had already?" Kongpob knows that he is Arthit's first romantic relationship partner, but he still asked just in case a wild night already happened.

Arthit's eyes widen at the question. He's taken aback, but he thinks it's natural for Kongpob to ask this.

He shakes his head.

Kongpob nods.

"How about you?"


.
 

.
 

.

 

Kongpob also shakes his head.

He's surprised. "Really?"

"Why, P'? Do you think I already did it?"

"I thought you already had a girlfriend?"

"Yes, but we didn't do it."

"I don't believe you."

"Why? Is it because you think I'm y?"

"Kongpob!"

He's right, though. Arthit thinks he's y. While Kongpob is on the slim side of the spectrum, he still has muscles where they should be, not that he will tell him that. His train of thought gets cut when Kongpob squeezes his hand tighter. Curious, he looks at his boyfriend.

"Don't be mad, P'. You know... we don't have to rush. I'm actually already happy that I get to be beside you, holding your hand like this."

Like always, Arthit blushes.

They are silent again.

"So... is it true?" Arthit asks.

Kongpob gives him a questioning look. "What is true?"

"That... I will be your first?"

Kongpob blinks repeatedly. "P'Arthit??? I'm—"

Arthit closes his eyes and purses his lips out of embarrassment after realizing what he just said. But he is laughing. And Kongpob joins him.

"I don't know how we'll do it, Kong," he says while still giggling, resting his forehead on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Also shaking with laughter, Kongpob responds, "Me neither, P'Arthit."