Round Table

First Weeks and Friends

 

 

 

"They were on a date when I saw them. They even took a couple's seat." Praepailin giggly says.

"I saw them at the court. P'Arthit was carrying Kongpob on his back, and they look so sweet," May says with a smile on her face.

"I saw them that day too," Knot adds.

He gathered everyone in the meeting room to try to help their friends. With Prem's (and Wad's) help, they managed to identify Kongpob's friends who are aware of Kongpob and Arthit's relationship.

His few encounters with Kongpob have made a good impression to Knot. If Arthit has told him that he's dating Kongpob, he would congratulate him and wish the best for them. But Arthit still hasn't, so Knot's doing what he thinks he can to help. He just wishes he isn't overstepping.

All eyes in the room shift to the next person.

"I accidentally read P'Arthit's text," Tew shyly says.

"What text?" Bright asks him.

"Uhh." Tew is unsure if what they're doing is right.

"Tew, it's okay. We're not judging them here. It's okay if you don't want to share," Knot reassures him.

"Is the text, in any way... ?" Bright doesn't want to stop. Tutah hits him on the head and asks the juniors not to mind him.

"No! Not really! Uh... He just said... he misses Kongpob," Tew clarifies.

The eight other people in the meeting room suddenly feel giddy.

"How about you, Tutah?" Knot continues.

"It's just my gaydar."

Knot rolls his eyes and moves on to the next person. May elbows M beside her, but he isn't sure if he should tell them what he saw. Tew feels bad for his friend.

Feeling all eyes are on him, M finally gives in. "I saw them... kissing?"

"Where?" Bright is really into these kinds of things.

"At P'Arthit's porch."

"Why were you there?"

"Uhh... I was at Kongpob's room, and P'Arthit's room is just across the other building."

Tutah holds his cheeks with his two hands. "OMG! This is like Romeo and Juliet!"

"It's not," Prem butts in. "Romeo was not on another porch. Also, both of them die in the end."

"They died?" Tutah is clueless.

"Yes," Prem answers him.

"Okay. Forget what I said."

"So how long is the kiss? Aww!" Knot punches Bright's shoulder for asking too many questions.

"How about you, Wad?" Knot calls the attention of the quiet person at the corner of the room.

"Uhm. I live two doors away from P'Arthit's room, and I always see Kongpob coming out from it late at night."

"Me too." Prem's tongue slips.

Knot looks at him suspiciously. "Prem, you didn't tell me how you saw Kongpob coming out of Arthit's room. You live far from Arthit's dorm."

Wad wants to kill his boyfriend right now.

It took several seconds for Prem to speak up. "I was going to see Arthit that night. I... I can't remember why," he says scratching his head.

Knot buys the reason. He uncrosses his legs as he faces everyone.. "Okay. We all know Arthit and 0062 are dating, and I'm sure you know why they are not telling it to us."

Everybody nods.

"You all accept them. Am I right?" He crosses his arms, voice turning more like a hazer's.

"Yes, P'Knot," the juniors respond while his friends just nod.

"Good. Now, we need them to trust us. I know they're also finding it hard to hide it, so we need them to open up. But I don't want anyone of you to force them to come out, like what this one--" Knot grabs Bright by the ear. "--tries to do."

"Aw! I already said I'm sorry! Besides, I didn't do it directly," Bright appeals.

"Shut up! You were trying to make Arthit jealous of Prae."

"Me?" Praepailin doesn't know anything.

"Nong Prae, we saw Kongpob carrying you on his back, and Arthit saw you too. He was very jealous that he walked out on us," Prem explains.

"Aw. Maybe that's why Kongpob looks dejected the whole day. I asked him why, but he didn't answer. He just kept looking at his phone." M says.

"Oh no." Praepailin covers . She suddenly feels guilty and afraid of what Arthit might do to her.

"Hey, Nong. Don't worry. It's not your fault. We know 0062 is really like that and he would carry anyone given the situation," Prem tries to reassure her.

"Ohhh... he'll carry anyone?" Tutah interrupts. "I suddenly have an idea."

"Don't even think about it, Tutah." Knot is serious. And the juniors laugh.

He continues his message. "So yes, they are kind of not in good terms right now because of what Arthit saw, so I need to help him with that first." He is unsure how, though.

"I'll try to talk to him. Once they fix their problem, sooner or later, I think they will eventually tell us. So for the meantime, avoid giving them troubles, and just keep our secret. Also, in little ways, try to show them that you are accepting friends that will be with them no matter what."

"Yes, P'Knot."

"Okay. Let's leave the room one by one. Prem and Bright, you go first. Prem, text me if they're not around."

"Copy, boss."

Before they leave, Knot pulls Bright's arm. "I'm serious, Bright, you need to behave."

Bright nods. However, in his mind, he's sure they can do more to help Arthit and Kongpob.

~

The next day, the seniors go on to their day as if no meeting happened. After their first class, they head towards the cafeteria to take their lunch.

As they approach the area, Knot spots Kongpob and his friends at one of the tables. He's suddenly unsure if going to the cafeteria is the right choice.

Then, he sees Praepailin approaching Kongpob. Now, he's very sure that going to the cafeteria is a bad idea. He looks at Arthit, and discomfort is obvious in his eyes.

Bright leads the way and goes straight to their juniors.

"M, you dork, are you done eating?" Bright starts his show.

"Yes," M mutters.

"Then, hurry up and move. Nong Prae wants to take the seat."

Knot wants to pull him out of there, but that would make a scene.

"And Nong Prae..." Bright continues.  "... have you eaten yet? If no, do tell me. I'll go and buy food for you. Okay?"

Prem looks at Knot and whispers, "Do you want me to drag him away?"

Knot tries to stay calm and just shakes his head.

What Bright is doing is making Arthit more jealous. He knows he agreed to behave, but he has his own way of solving things. And this, this is his way. With Kongpob the hero here, he's sure he'll protect Praepailin if he flirts with her. And with Arthit seeing all of it, he's sure his jealousy will explode, which will push him to admit everything and come out. In his mind, it's a bright plan. But really, it is just a Bright plan.

"Well, I..." Praepailin doesn't know how to respond. This is not a part of their meeting.

"M, don't give me that look," Bright says. But it's not just M who's giving him that look. "Two boxes of chocolate. Do you want me to reduce it to one?"

"Uhh..."

Bright really likes to make fun of this junior, but he'll reserve it for another day since he has other things in mind now.

"Nong Prae, eat with me."

"Prae is reserving the table for her friends to join," Kongpob is the one who answers for his friend. "If you want to sit here, I'm afraid there's not enough room for you all."

Bingo. He took the bait.

Arthit scowls and gives Kongpob a look, but the latter doesn't see it.

"Oh. You're being possessive of her? Is there something between you two?" Bright mockingly asks before peeking at Arthit's face.

Knot's eyes widen. Prem heavily regrets he didn't drag Bright away earlier.

"You're not okay if I sit with her?" Bright continues. "Okay, it's fine. Go ahead, Prae. We can find another table." He feels accomplished.

Bright, again, leads the way. He knows what he did will earn him a sermon from three of his friends, so instead of sitting with them, he runs away to who knows where.

Arthit, moving forward last, side-eyes Kongpob as he passes by him.

"P'Arthit," Kongpob calls his name, grabbing his arm.

"Don't ing touch me!" Arthit shouts too loudly.

Kongpob takes a step back because of his shock. Everyone at the table is shaking in fear.

"You dropped your pen," Kongpob says as he hands him the said pen. Arthit snatches it from his hand and walks away.

It's been two days since their last interaction, and what Kongpob received from him is a lashing out. He starts to get teary, confused as to why Arthit is behaving this way.

Prae, Tew, and M look at him all worriedly.