Running After You

First Weeks and Friends


Arthit would lie if he tells anyone he's enjoying the film. While Kongpob and Praepailin are right that the director is good, he just can't take his worries off his mind.

Earlier today, Kongpob expressed his dream of having a son, and a while ago, he also saw Kongpob and Praepailin looking good together. Sitting with Kongpob on a seat intended for couples also does not help.

He feels uneasy, insecure, and jealous.

After the film, Kongpob asks him to eat together at the noodle house they went to before.

The atmosphere around the two is unexplainable. From watching the film to eating his food, Arthit barely uttered a word. Kongpob feels it's because of his choice of film, but that's no reason for Arthit to sulk like this. He remembers that last time, he was the one sulking in the same restaurant. What's wrong with this place? We will never have a date here again.

He tries to start a conversation. "P'Arthit... I thought I should mention I have a photoshoot on Friday morning with Prae for the school campaign."

He doesn't realize it's the worst topic to talk about right now.

Arthit just nodded without looking at Kongpob. Of course, he will bring her up. Why did I nominate Kongpob for the Star and Moon contest again?

"Kongpob."

"Yes?"

"Do you find... Praepailin cute?" Arthit can't stop himself from asking.

"Yes, she is. She's crowned as the Star of the university, right?"

He expects the answer.

"That's right. She is cute. I wonder if she has a boyfriend yet?"

"I heard that she hasn't had anyone yet."

"Actually, I have her phone number. I got it when she asked me to sign her signature book."

"Really?" Kongpob swallows with a grim face and forces himself to smile as Arthit continues eating his food. "That's nice."

Both of them doesn't finish their food. When they're done paying for their meal, Arthit stands up first, leaving Kongpob behind. The other runs after him.

It's about to rain, so Kongpob buys a cheap umbrella from a sidewalk vendor. Arthit doesn't stop walking while he's doing the purchase, so he has to run after him again. His injury from two days ago still gives him a slight pain, but he doesn't care.

They're heading back home, and now, both of them are quiet. Kongpob can deal with angry Arthit, but sulking Arthit is new to him.

They're about to cross the road when he sees a motorcycle approaching his boyfriend. He quickly grabs the other's arm in panic.

"P'Arthit, are you okay?"

Arthit always complains about Kongpob being a hero, but this time, the hero literally saved his life.

"I'm okay."

Arthit continues walking like nothing happened. They reach his building, and he mutters a short "bye" to Kongpob before going in.

With his head down, Kongpob goes back to his room. He keeps on thinking about the reason why Arthit is acting this way when suddenly, he remembers the very reason why they went to the mall. The gift for P'Fon! We forgot to buy it!

As he tries to remember where they are supposed to buy the gift, it hits him. Did I tell P'Arthit about wanting a son? . Kongpob, you're so stupid!

He doesn't get off the elevator when it reached his floor. He pressed the "G" button, and the elevator goes down with him in it, and he runs out of his building and towards Arthit's.

He reaches his boyfriend's room panting. He knocks three times, but no one opens the door. He repeats knocking but louder this time. He hears shuffling inside the room. Then, the door opens, revealing Arthit, shirtless.

Oh. Kongpob is lost for words.

"Why are you here?"

"P'Arthit, can you put on a shirt first?... It's..." It's really bad for me.

Arthit, whose face reddens from realizing his current state, quickly goes inside and puts on the nearest dry shirt. He was wet because of walking in the rain.

His boyfriend enters his room and sits on the bed. Arthit doesn't want to do anything with Kongpob now, but he notices Kongpob is looking directly at his eyes. If he wants to talk now, it must be something important, like him realizing that he likes Praepailin more than me. He sits beside his boyfriend, waiting for the latter to talk.

At this moment, Kongpob forgets his intention, his mind wandering off to other things, like his boyfriend's body.

It's his first time seeing it. How is his skin that smooth? Who knows he has those faint abs? And let's not talk about those perky s looking at me.

At first, Kongpob thought that his relationship with Arthit will purely be emotional. He wanted a strong person to be with, and he found Arthit, a very strong and willed person. He didn't think of having ual moments with him. He thought he's not gay, just a guy who happens to love another guy.

But seeing Arthit's body earlier, he now thinks otherwise. Hell, I'm really gay.

"Kongpob!" Arthit is annoyed. "Do I have to repeat my question for the fourth time? Why are you here?"

"I'm gay."

"Huh?"

.

"Kongpob, I know that already. You have a boyfriend; I have a boyfriend. What do you think are we?"

Kongpob tries to think of something to counter his boyfriend, but he remembers the real reason why he's here. He composes himself and faces his senior.

"P'Arthit, I'm sorry about earlier."

Arthit's eyes meet his. "For what?" Here it comes. Are you sorry that you have to leave me for Praepailin?

"I was not careful. I know I shouldn't have said that... about wanting a son."

"Oh."

"That was my dream before, but now, the only boy I want is you," Kongpob blinks a few times, trying to make a cute face.

Arthit makes a face, "Yuck."

"P'Arthit..."

Arthit takes a deep breath. "It's okay, Kong. I know you didn't say it with bad intentions." He looks down. "And... I'm sorry for sulking earlier."

Kongpob smiles and nods, relieved that his boyfriend forgives him. There's a moment of silence before the senior speaks again, loudly this time.

"But why did you choose the couple's seat?!"

Kongpob's maniacal laugh comes back.

They spend time with each other to make up for the time they lost earlier that day. Kongpob asks Arthit if he can sleep in his room tonight, and Arthit, with a lot of conditions, agrees. He has to be used to it after all.

While lying on his bed, holding Kongpob's hand, Arthit thinks about how lucky he is to have Kongpob as his boyfriend. He clears his mind and tries to forget the pang of jealousy and other worries he felt that day.

On the other side of the bed, Kongpob dreams of Arthit's body he saw earlier. His shorts are forming a tent, and Arthit, still awake, may or may have not seen it.