[vrene] Love Replacement - Part 3

The day we met (oneshot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Love Replacement P3, Vrene ~

 

When he arrived in Seoul, he never thought he would be caught up with such mess. All he wanted is to clear up his suspicion and to see what he is really up to after getting the reports from his investigator. If Jimin is not telling him, he would get the answer from his brother in law. He didn’t want to into others’ problems but witnessing how the guy was mistreated unfairly, he couldn’t stop himself but to get involved in that chaotic moment. And the next thing he knew, he too was brought to the police station.

 

“How long have you been sitting here?”

 

“You are?”

 

“You are my client’s witness, Jeon Jungkook, am I right?”

 

Jungkook frowned, looking up at the girl before him who sounded rude and demanding. “Don’t make me repeat, who are you?”

 

She handed her business card to the “I’m Hwang Minhyun’s lawyer. Don’t make me repeat my question too, how long have you been here? I supposed they haven’t recorded your statement.”

 

Checking on the name card, the displeased look on Jungkook was evident. “Ms. Kim Yerim, they had a talk with me 3 hours ago, but official statement has not been taken yet.”

 

Yerim walked up to the officer and tapped her finger on the desk “so that’s how you are going to treat my client’s sole witness? He’d been sitting here for the past 3 hours. Do you know how much time of his you have wasted? You’re not following your policy.”

 

“Lawyer Kim,” the familiar restless voice of the young man diverted her attention. Yerim was shocked to see handcuff on his hands. “What does this mean? Take it off, I won’t hesitate to file a complaint to you this instant.”

 

“I think you have to watch your temper; this is not how you are going to save your client.” Jungkook walked up to Yerim, trying to stop her from making a scene. “This gentleman here refused to co-operate with the officers in the airport and attempted to flee despite being innocent hence the officer put on the handcuff.”

 

The earlier officer rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Mr. Jeon, please follow me, we’ll record your statement now.”

 

“If he’s innocent, he’ll eventually be fine.” Jungkook stated before following the officer.

 

“I really didn’t do anything, I didn’t molest her,” Minhyun turned his head, eyes were welling with tears. “She came pushing me and suddenly shouted that I molested her. I didn’t.”

 

Yerim patted on his shoulder, “don’t worry, you have a witness and with the CCTV footage, it suffices to prove you’re not guilty.”

 

-

 

“Thank you, Lawyer Kim, sorry to troubled you again.” Minhyun bowed.

 

“Don’t mention that, your dad paid me legal fees.” She patted on his arm before gesturing the vulnerable man to enter the limo. “Dongho,” she stopped Minhyun’s assistant, “do not leave your young master alone, you know his mental health is unstable, you should watch him from close distant.”

 

“Will do, Lawyer Kim,” Dongho bowed his head, “Mr. Hwang requested for a con-call with you later in the evening.”

 

Yerim nodded and watched the limo drove off from her sight.

 

“That guy looked strange.”

 

She whirled around to meet the earlier man that saved her client. “He’s strange, neither is he a weirdo.”

 

“For a lawyer, your temperament is really bad.”

 

“Mr. Jeon,” Yerim was offended.

 

“Like you said, you all have taken a lot of my time, do you mind to help get me a cab to Hannam-dong?” Jungkook folded his arms against his chest.

 

“You could have been a little polite to ask for a favor,” Yerim rolled her eyes, “if you don’t mind, I can give you a lift. I’m on my way there too.”

 

“Thanks…I guess...” Jungkook shrugged.

 

Pulling a stop at the traffic light, Yerim turned off the radio and started a conversation “Hwang Minhyun, he killed his own mother 2 years ago.”

 

Jungkook frowned before turning to the lawyer, completely stunned by the revelation.

 

“He was abused by his mother which he endured since very young. 2 years ago, when the abuse got out of control, his mother attempted to kill him and when things got messy, he accidentally pushed her and she fell off the building from the penthouse balcony.” Yerim explained. “Hwang Minhyun was freed from any charges as it the accident was seen as self-defense. He was defending himself. But the accident left him a big impact. It worsened his depression and mental health. People who doesn’t know what exactly happened, tend to judged Minhyun unfairly.”

 

“That was why you were so protective over the young man?” Jungkook asked.

 

Yerim pulled up to the roadside as they arrived at Jungkook’s destination. “I watched him grow in pain. He was the second person in my life that always remind me not to judge a book by its cover. Despite what one does, they deserve a chance not to be looked down or judged negatively.”

 

Jungkook smirked, “I guess this is the most sensible thing you’ve ever said ever since I met you an hour ago. Anyway, thanks for the ride.”

 

“Thank you for helping him, Jeon Jungkook.”

 

“Without me, he would have been okay too, he didn’t do it after all.” Jungkook exited the car.

 

“But this world is unfair, especially to the kindest soul,” Yerim smiled, sadly as she watched Jungkook entered the estate that resided by the richest people in Seoul.

 

-

 

Stepping into the elevator, Jungkook patiently watched the floors indicator flipping floor after another. For the first time, he hated the fact that his brother in law stays in a penthouse. Ever since the assistant of his brother in law forced to revealed to him the fact that he’d found the person they have been searching for high and low, Jungkook was worried. He knew his brother in law well, he wouldn’t have kept such thing hidden from him unless the older man had planned something that only benefits him but he refused to let that thought overwhelm him.

 

Stepping foot on the doorstep of the penthouse, he knew the older wouldn’t be happy for him to came unannounced but Jungkook couldn’t ignore the bad feeling he’s having after knowing that very person is working for him. Something is just not right. Pushing aside his thoughts, he punched in the password to the penthouse and never had it came to his mind that he would be welcomed by a pair of lovebirds chasing after one another in the living room. Their hands and cheeks were filled with flour which he assumed they were baking. He stared in eyes wide at the lady who looked exactly like his sister and for that very second, she thought she was back alive in his life. But he knew, she’s not Irene.

 

Taehyung could read every change in emotions on the younger’s face, he held on Joohyun’s wrist and pulled her behind, shielding her with his body.

 

“Hyung, so you found her and decided to hide her in this place to have fun with this little games?” Jungkook said in a firm tone whilst closing the door. He turned to Joohyun with hard stare “Is this how you’re betraying your wife?”

 

Joohyun clutched on Taehyung’s shirt in fear. Her heart was racing. “W-what d-do he mean?” she looked up to the man before him who had turned looking at her over his shoulder.

 

“Joohyun, go wash your hands first,” Taehyung instructed.

 

“Since he’s not explaining, let me reveal to you the truth,” Jungkook said in gritted teeth, he was beyond disappointed with the man he respected all these years.

 

“Jungkook…” Taehyung called out in a warning tone.

 

But the younger guy wouldn’t budge, “we came back to look for his wife’s sister, who happen to be you. This man you’re touching here is my brother in law, the husband of my adoptive sister. I’m Jeon Jungkook by the way, if you still remember.”

 

Joohyun’s head was spinning, a matter of fact, her world just turned upside down by the revelation. She was in complete shock. They were supposed to have an honest conversation and come clean to one another but she never thought that was what Taehyung had been hiding from her. She daren’t to look at Jungkook. How would she forget who he is, the boy who she met when she was merely 10 years old? She will never forget the feeling of wanted by someone for the first time. Jungkook sworn that he would get his mother to make her his adoptive sister but that never happened but Irene was adopted instead.

 

“So, did you make him your new sugar daddy?” Jungkook eyed Joohyun from head to toe, discriminatingly. “That’s what you do best, isn’t it? Great profession you have there.”

 

Her face turned white like she just saw a ghost; her palms were filled with cold sweat. She ran into the kitchen and washed her hands as fast as she could. All she wanted was only to leave this place. She was biting on her lower lip hardly, trying her best to not let her tears spill.

 

Taehyung grabbed hold on her hands when she attempted to walk away. Her hands were trembling.

 

“Let me send you home.”

 

“D-do y-you know my p-past, all along?” her lips were quivering.

 

“I can expla-”

 

“Yes or no?” her tears trickled down her pale face.

 

Taehyung nodded his head and that’s all Joohyun needed for her to run away from him, out from the place he told her that would be their new home. When Taehyung ran after her, Jungkook stopped him.

 

“I think we need to talk,” Jungkook glared at the older man for the first time.

 

The older man closed his weary eyes before removing his hand from the door handle and turned to his brother in law.

 

“What the does this mean?” Jungkook spat and pointed his hand in thin air, “she’s Irene’s twin sister, your sister in law. So, tell me what the hell have you been doing with her in this place, screwing her day and night?”

 

“That’s not what you think, she doesn’t know anything, she doesn’t have any clue on what’d happened to Irene! We wanted to talk today and you came.” Taehyung yelled. “She’s not like what you think or see from the reports from the investigator.”

 

“Come on, she’s a e. Are you gonna make her your mistress?” Jungkook glared at Taehyung, brows knitted. “Don’t tell me you have fallen for someone as low as her. Have you forgotten about the promise you made to Irene? I never expect this from you, Kim Taehyung!” he slammed the door hardly and left the penthouse, leaving the wrecked man fell on his knees regretting for keeping all this hidden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter