Chapter 8: Restriction

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAKURA finally breathed well after finally convincing her parents to use some of her savings to help a friend in need. She made quite a lot as an idol. Well, she was considered one of the phenomenal idols of her generation. People fall in line and spend a lot of money just to get a slot on her handshake events. She became the centre of their group’s singles and represented Japan in the worldwide idol industry.

She worked hard for that money anyway. She swallowed her pride and did a lot of things that are out of her comfort zone. She conquered body-weakening work schedules and dealt with people’s unreasonable cuss towards her. Sakura understands that her parents just want to manage that money that she spent sleepless nights for but she still has the say for that money in the end.

She won’t be using it for useless stuff anyway; she wants to help her friend that is in the middle of a financial crisis. The fact is her heart broke a bit when she left Minjoo in the airport. The girl helped her with her stuff when she was going back to Japan to spend her summer vacation. She only spent a few months with Minjoo but she has grown so attached to the other girl to the point that she felt the same pain she felt after departing from her friends who are left in Japan.

Also, leaving Minjoo with swollen eyes didn’t help at all. It just made Sakura’s heart heavier. The night before their flight, Minjoo cried out to her on how anxious she is for her future in the university. She fears the day that she might be dropping out of school because she couldn’t handle the financial pressure anymore. She expressed how much she wants to finish her studies but she can’t help but to ask why it is hard both financially and academically.

“Minjoo, wait for me. Don’t worry, everything will be fine.”

Sakura smiled to herself; feeling accomplished after finishing the first stage of her mission she tagged as ‘HELP PEPE’. She also promised Minjoo that she will be telling her about the person that she likes when she comes back so that the other girl won’t go anywhere.

She sent a message to Minjoo earlier but the girl hasn’t been replying to her. Sakura had a feeling that Minjoo’s phone subscription might have already been cut but she chose to believe that Minjoo is just busy with her work, hoping that the girl has finally found a stable part-time job.

“It will be fine… Don’t worry.”


 

 

 


 

HYEJOON looked at Sakura with a confused face. The both of them are currently in Hyejoon’s penthouse, chilling out on that certain summer day. Sakura heard that Hyejoon’s schedule is free the whole day and that’s why she didn’t waste time and travelled from Kagoshima to Tokyo to meet her friend.

“So…” Hyejoon crossed his arms. “Who is this girl that you are talking about? Tell me, that girl is the main reason why you came to see me, am I right?”

Sakura started fidgeting with her fingers. As expected of Hyejoon. She tried to bring out a lot of topics before bringing out about Minjoo but Hyejoon still figured out her main reason for visiting.

“I-I just thought that you would need help in finding models for this modelling agency that you are going to establish.” Sakura couldn’t look straight into Hyejoon's eyes but she’s trying her hardest not to be more obvious. “I thought that I could recommend this friend of mine because she’s extremely pretty and would pass every modelling standard.”

Hyejoon took a deep breath, as if thinking of what to tell Sakura next. “You see, Sakura, I’ve laid my plans to CEO Song but there isn’t any approval to it yet. Well, he did say that it wasn’t a bad idea but since he is my over-all handler, he still has the last say on this matter.”

“But you have already been eyeing protégés, aren’t you? If there is an affirmative decision about it then please don’t forget to consider my friend.”

Hyejoon released a sigh. Sakura is right. He’s already looking for the first generation of models that he might produce but his girlfriend gets jealous whenever she sees him looking at random girl’s pictures on Instagram. He already explained about his desire to make a modelling agency but Shin Bomi just can’t help but to be jealous.

“Alright, I will consider her.” Hyejoon gave up and made himself relaxed. “I want to know who that friend is. I’m glad that you found a friend in Korea even after rejecting Yujin’s help.”

Sakura smirked. “Your cousin’s complex is really off the roof, Haru-san. She told me that I can be her maid if I want to stay in her house so of course I would just live alone rather than be her slave.”

The guy snickered after hearing Sakura's complaint. “That kid hasn’t changed at least a bit. When she was young she would always challenge me in Math. If she wins over me then she said I should revere her as master and take her on picnics. It was always her goal to beat me.”

Sakura squinted. “I bet she had a deep crush on you when she was young. Your other cousin has a crush on you as well, right?”

Hyejoon didn’t say anything about that but he gave out a meaningful smile. “Let me see a picture of your friend then.”

The face of the former princess of Hakata brightened up. She hurriedly rummaged through her pockets for her phone but when she was about to open up her gallery, an idea suddenly entered her mind.

 

“How about I let you meet her personally?” Sakura asked, her face b with confidence.

Hyejoon’s eyebrow rose. “Is she here in Japan as well?”

Sakura cutely shook her head. “She’s in Korea.”

Realisation was then seen on the face of the guy. “So you want me to go to Korea as well?”

“I just think that it would be nice to meet her personally. I believe cameras don’t properly capture how beautiful she is.” Sakura said with great enthusiasm. “I also think it would be nice if you could get a time to relax back at your home as well, Haru-san. I heard your guesting requests don’t fit your timetable anymore.”

“Well, I can’t disagree that I need rest but I just can’t take a day off and go to Korea. How about I go there during your winter vacation? Most productions have few works during winter anyway. I kind of missed Korea.” Hyejoon’s eyebrows suddenly scrunched after that statement. He remembered that his existence is also big in Korea so he has to be careful when he goes there.

“So since it would be a long time before I meet your friend, how about showing me her picture now?”

Sakura shook her head once more. “Sorry, but I really recommend meeting her in person first.”

“Ohh…” Hyejoon gave Sakura a meaningful smirk. “I somehow smell something fishy with this, Sakura. Is this girl really just a friend or something else?”

“Hmm…” Sakura thought aloud, making it even more obvious. “You will find out once you come to Korea.”


 

 

 


 

SAKURA CAME running from her room down to the quarters of the dorm prefect. She pressed the doorbell several times as if she’s on a big panic. The prefect opened the door looking so annoyed by the sudden inquiry but her expression immediately changed after recognizing who the girl was.

“K-Kkura-ya?” The prefect stammered. One of the stars of the freshmen is standing in front of her door. “What brought you here? Did something bad happen?”

“M-Minjoo!” That was the first word that came out of the former idol that is still chasing for her breath. “Kim Minjoo! Sunbae-nim, do you know where Kim Minjoo is?”

The prefect was a bit surprised with Sakura’s panicking voice. “K-Kim Minjoo already got out of the dorm. I heard that she moved to a new apartment. Weren’t you notified about it?”

The senior suddenly started panicking as well when Sakura started tearing up. “S-Sunbae-nim, do you know where she transferred? I have to see her! D-Did she drop out?”

“K-Kkura-ya, you have to calm down first!” The senior tried her best to remain calm so she could help her junior properly. “We weren’t told of where Minjoo moved but I’ve seen her attending her remedial class during vacation. I also received the list of enrollees and her name is on the list.”

“R-Really?” Sakura’s heart started to settle a bit right after hearing Minjoo was already enrolled. But how? Did she manage to earn enough money for the tuition fee? If that’s the case then it would be really great.

“Have you tried contacting her, Kkura?” The prefect asked. “Looking at your reaction, it seems like you weren’t really told about her transfer. You should give her a call.”

“There was a letter left for me but I—“

“Ah, Kkura-ya! You are friends with Ahn Yujin, aren’t you?”

Sakura suddenly lost her voice after hearing that name. She has been having weird hunches about this but she chose to ignore them. Does Yujin’s sudden curiosity about Minjoo have something to do with this?

“Y-Yes… I know Ahn Yujin…” She answered with her voice trailing.

“I’ve heard that Kim Minjoo comes into school riding Ahn Yujin’s car. I guess you should contact her…” The senior felt relieved after seeing Sakura calming down. It was the first time in a while that she saw a worried freshman whose roommate suddenly disappeared. “I hope you get things settled.”

Sakura gave a faint nod, feeling a bit embarrassed for the entire ruckus. “T-Thank you, Sunbae-nim. I will try to contact Yujin. I’m also sorry for bothering you…”

“No worries, Kkura. I’m glad to be of help. I hope you have a good semester ahead.” The kind prefect answered with a smile.

“Thank you again.” Sakura took a bow and left. She went back to her room dragging her feet. She suddenly felt tired after all that had happened. The excitement that she had while she was on the plane vanished right after seeing the letter on Minjoo’s bed. All the things that she prepared… all her hard work… Everything felt worthless in an instant.

She dropped herself to her bed, still in a daze. She couldn’t believe Minjoo would just leave her like that. She could’ve used the school’s Wi-Fi to call her through messaging apps. If the school’s Wi-Fi wasn’t available then she could’ve used the city’s.

“Does she even consider me as a friend?” Sakura jerked to her place after hearing what came out of her own lips. She grumpily shook her head and slapped her cheeks. “No Sakura… Minjoo has a reason… There must be a reason that she just left like that…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter