Special Cookie: A Year with Ahn Yujin

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

   

“SO, NEXT semester you will be focusing on Modern Social Psychology. I bought you books that would help you to understand the said course. I heard from Eunyoung-imo that these books are really rich in knowledge so I got the best for you.”

I just can’t help but to sigh at the number of books that Yujin placed on top of my study table. There are a lot of extra books that she added to the many books that all my subjects are using. But she is doing all of this for me and I know she believes that I can study all of these. That's why I am going to do my best to get all of these done before the summer vacation ends.

Yes, it has been a year since Ahn Yujin, the heiress of the compelling Ahn Clan of Korea adopted me. Who would’ve thought that I would be able to spend a year with a person who gave the strongest first impression on me.

Yujin is a perfectionist which is probably brought by art running through her veins. She has the strictest study lifestyle that she set on her own. She would rather choose to hit the books than go out and spend the warm days roaming around. She would mould her clay sculptures rather than spend the vacation going overseas which she can effortlessly do with just one swipe of her black card.

She was a child prodigy. Her name is already established at a very young age and everyone is looking for the bright future ahead of her. But then here I am…

Kim Minjoo was a name that got popular in my highschool days because of the malicious lies that other people spread against me. It was a name known for being the weakest link, not being able to do anything right, always the awkward one. I failed one of my subjects because I wasn’t able to answer the questions that were on the back of the test paper. I was really pathetic.

People see me as a face without a core. What basically saves me from deeper criticisms is the beauty that, somehow, most people acknowledge. But since everyone thinks that I have nothing but this beauty, most of the people I encountered told me that it is better off for me to work in a bar of some sort.

In conclusion, I am nothing but a loser. That’s all.

 

But, you see…

 

This loser…

 

is actually dating the Ahn Heiress.

 

“What are you smiling about?” Yujin curiously asked me before pulling the chair that is in front of my desk. She sat there elegantly like she always does. She always makes sure that she is sitting in a proper posture which gives off a young CEO vibe. She spends a lot of time sitting anyway, she has developed a way of sitting where her back would not sore.

“Nothing.” I answered, trying my hardest to stop smiling but I just couldn’t. I picked up the book that was on top and covered my face with it.

“That’s new.” I tried to take a peek at Yujin's face and saw a faint smile on her face. It seems like she already slept late last night and those faint dark arcs under her eyes are the evidence. I guess she already went through the subjects that she will be taking this semester. Yujin is taking up two majors anyway. I guess she already laid out her study plan for it. “When I presented you the books for the last semester you seemed like you wanted to punch me in the face.”

I heard myself gasp and felt the rush of blood on my cheeks. I lowered the book in that instant which somehow surprised Yujin. “D-Did I really look like that last time?”

That surprised face of Yujin turned into a smiling mess shortly after. She’s really pretty whenever she smiles and I am really proud of myself that I can make her usual grumpy face produce that smile. But then, the smirk that never fails to give chills to my spine surfaced. I get it, she’s up to teasing me again.

“Yes, milady.” She answered, resting her chin on her palm. “You looked like you were so ready to hit your Young Master that time.”

“I-I wasn’t—I don’t remember putting up a face like that!”

Yujin just laughed. Was my face really that funny?

Then she just suddenly reached for my head and started ruffling my hair. “I’m glad you don’t see this as a burden now. Let’s do well this coming semester as well.”

My lips automatically formed a smile. I can’t help but to be happy after getting praised. My heart just couldn’t keep itself calm after being recognized by someone who is younger than me.

My grades improved a lot after I followed Yujin’s rigid study plan. Well, I didn’t completely follow it since I finish earlier than her but it gave a very pleasing fruit. My overall average last semester was 4.0 and never in my life did I imagine getting grades higher than the passing score. My life completely changed after meeting Yujin.

“I’ll go ahead and start with my studies. You better start as well.” Yujin slowly pulled her hand away from me but I was quick to catch it. I don’t know what came to me but I just don’t feel like letting her go. I was surprised by what I did.

“Is there something wrong?” Yujin asked with a curious face. You could trace the concern in her eyes and I am completely aware of how weak I am to those eyes. Yujin isn’t the type to show concern to others but she shows this to me and I can’t help but to feel special.

“I-I—” I couldn’t find the right words to say. If I tell her not to leave and spend more time with me then I am sure she would just continuously tease me. And I know that her studies are much more important at the moment.

“You want me to stay with you, don’t you?”

Uh oh. She knows exactly what I am trying to say. And there goes the dreaded dimpled smirk.

Yujin then started caressing my face. Her hands are really warm. No wonder she gives life to clay sculptures.

She looked by the door, probably checking if Eunyoung-imo is taking a peek at us again. After making sure that Imo isn’t anywhere around, Yujin gave out a mischievous smile and slowly closed the distance between our faces only to whisper something straight to my ear.

“Come to my room after you finish studying today.”

Yujin then went on looking at my face. I don’t know how surprised I looked at that time but I seriously felt like I was deafened after that statement. Did I hear her correctly? I mean, I usually go to her room for English studies but the way she invited me sounded a bit…

And why is she smiling at me like that as if she’s enjoying the reaction that I just did. She just looked so pleased. I was just looking at her eyes but then her stare went down and I knew exactly where she was looking. Is she trying to give me a heart attack?

Ahn Yujin of the influential Ahn clan then stood from her seat and pinched my cheek softly.

“Come when Eunyoung-imo has already left.”

I wonder how many times my eyes widened in that short span of time. I knew it. Yujin is really trying to kill me. She’s really teasing me and she enjoys it.

She then left the room and gently closed the door. What’s going on her mind anyway?

 

 

 

 

I DIDN’T know that the first day of that certain summer break will be the start of it all. Actually, it all felt like a fresh start. The first time was rather awkward but I grew used to it. I know Yujin felt the same thing. Her face might’ve perfectly shown how confident she is but her trembling hands told another story.

This is the real reason why we are together… Maybe I wasn’t just able to properly prepare myself since she didn’t say anything about it. Yujin just told me to go to her room once Eunyoung-imo is away… Just like that… She didn’t even give a proper hint of what we were about to do. She just told me to come.

While me, on the other hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter