Chapter 16: Baby

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

1:38 PM.

MINJOO slowly rubbed the sleep off of her eyes. She didn’t expect that she would sleep that long even after all that happened yesterday. It was like a dream, more of a nightmare. She thought that it would be the end of her but thankfully Yujin managed to save her. Most probably, it was because Yujin was by her side when she slept that caused her to feel safe and slept longer than usual.

She was tired, physically and emotionally exhausted so sleeping that long is reasonable. After getting out of Byungjin’s house, Yujin didn’t waste time and went to Gimpo where the Business Aviation Center is located. And as if witnessing a scene from a drama, Minjoo watched as she and Yujin were welcomed and led by a crew to one of the private planes of the Ahn Clan. Even after living with her for so long, Minjoo still gets surprised from time to time on how powerful the Ahn Clan is.

They flew all the way to Jeju and Minjoo wasn’t able to hear anything from Yujin during the whole flight duration. Yujin made her lean to her shoulder, holding her hand tightly as if not wanting to let go, she just let her rest. She didn’t say anything about the reason why they are running away as she wanted to make Minjoo rest. It may not be anytime soon but she wanted Minjoo to recover from the trauma before spilling out what’s on her mind.

~credits to the respectful owner~

The last thing on Minjoo’s memory was them arriving at a private villa. Most probably another property of the Ahns. Yujin led her to a room and asked her to sleep the night away. She could remember the exact words that the Ahn Heiress said.

“Sleep now… I will be beside you. I will be with you… I won’t leave…”

“But…” Minjoo started while looking at Yujin’s side of the bed. “She’s not here…”

Minjoo stood up. Her legs still feel a bit weak because of the drug last night but she can manage to walk without others help already. The place was completely unfamiliar to her. It is her first time in Jeju as well. She made her way to the living room but Yujin wasn't there. She tried to search for her in the kitchen and the dining area but there’s also no Yujin in there.

Growing wary and anxious, Minjoo looked around even more. She wants to call for Yujin’s name but she tries to be calm. She believes Yujin is just around. She promised that she won’t leave.

And the girl continued to search for her girlfriend until her feet led her to the balcony. Sitting in front of her laptop with a cup of hot milk tea on her right side, Yujin seems to be busy with what she’s doing but at the same time enjoying the clean air of Jeju.

“Yujin…” Minjoo called, getting the attention of the young heiress. Yujin turned to her with a face showing relief but also worry.

“You’re already awake.” The heiress greeted with a smile. “Come here and sit beside me…”

And Minjoo followed what her girlfriend said. Her heart is finally at ease now that she’s back to her side.

Yujin turned the laptop by her side so that she could also see what she’s doing. She’s applying for a temporary leave of absence from school.

“B-But Yujin—” Minjoo was not able to speak at all when Yujin cut her.

“It is necessary, Minjoo.” Yujin reached out for her hand that was on her lap. “You have to trust me. Nothing bad is going to happen to you from now on. I won’t let that happen.”

“But your studies—”

“It is not important for now, Minjoo…” Yujin answered with conviction. “You are more important.”

Is she really hearing it right? The Ahn Heiress is telling her that she’s more important than her studies?

“Look at this…” Yujin clicked the other tab and Minjoo was shocked at what she saw. It was the front page of N*ver and the top article is about the arrest of the great Ahn Byungjin. The news broke out in the morning and it has already become the hottest topic in Korea and is taking the attention of the world as well.

Yujin clicked on one of the articles and Minjoo read it.

“The former head of the powerful Ahn Clan, Ahn Byungjin was arrested last night for kidnapping. The 65-year-old Ahn came back to Korea last two months after the ban against him has been lifted up only to be sent to jail after kidnapping and allegedly attempting to a certain college student.

What has led the police to arrest Ahn was none-other than his own granddaughter, Ahn Yujin, who is said to be a close friend of the victim.

There hasn’t been any statement coming from the young Ahn as she couldn’t be reached in any form of communication. The current head of the Ahn Clan, Ahn Jaejin, is rumoured to be giving a statement in accordance with the issue any time today.

At present, Ahn Byungjin will be facing the cases filed against him as past victims start to emerge one by one. If proven guilty, he will serve in prison for a minimum of three years but experts are saying that he would have to spend more than that.

Meanwhile, his granddaughter Ahn Yujin is being considered a hero—”

“Okay…” Yujin closed her laptop. “Just until there. You don’t have to read the news about me.”

The girl is obviously trying to act humble, waiting for Minjoo to praise her as well but the other girl is still filled with fear that she wasn’t able to notice Yujin’s act. The heiress sighed and just tried to understand.

“Don’t worry, Minjoo. I will make sure that your name won’t be mentioned even once. I will protect you.” Yujin stressed out. “I had a talk with my Dad earlier and he’s also looking at the case and doing everything that he could to minimise the damage on your part. I also had a phone call with your family. I assured them that you are well-protected now. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Minjoo held Yujin’s hand back. “But Yujin… he is your grandfather…”

Yujin caressed Minjoo’s face. “Blood being thicker than water doesn’t apply in cases like this. I might have a lot of things indebted to him but that’s not an excuse to let him do what he wants. Even if it wasn’t you, he did a lot of other girls wrong so he deserves to be sent to jail or else he would just continue with it.”

The girl then patted Minjoo’s head. “No matter your rank in society, your position or the power your name holds, it doesn’t entitle you the right to do such hideous things to other people. Both me and my father think the same and we agreed to teach him a lesson.”

Minjoo couldn’t help but be amazed by Yujin and her father. To turn their backs from a family member, all the more their senior and their direct ascendant… The Ahn Clan is indeed an interesting clan. She realised that hiding the emails from Yujin was useless.

“Yujin-ah…” The two shared a stare. Both looking lost in the eyes of each other.

“I am glad you are safe, Minjoo-ya…” Yujin tucked Minjoo’s stray hair behind her ear. The wind might be blowing a bit hard but it won’t hinder her to see and admire Minjoo’s beauty. But then her brows suddenly scrunched.

“So…” Yujin started. “He didn’t do anything to you at all, right?”

Minjoo gave out a nod. “Yes, I confirmed it myself. I don’t remember how I got to his house but I am sure that nothing happened.”

“Are you sure?” Yujin asked once again which made Minjoo a bit offended.

“I am sure. Why would I lie?” She answered firmly. “He came to where I was after sending his men out. That’s what he said. I doubt that he would be able to do anything to me at that time.”

“Really?”

Minjoo couldn’t take Yujin’s being sceptical, so she pulled herself away from the girl. “What do you want to—”

“Let me see.”

Minjoo’s face immediately turned red. She already knows what Yujin is inferring but she still tries to ask.

“W-What do you m-mean!?” she stammered, failing to keep her composure.

Yujin looked at her with serious eyes but she could never hide the blushing of her cheeks. “Let me see… I have to confirm that he did nothing on you. I have to see to make sure.”

“Y-Yujin, are you serious!?”

“I am. I am the type of person that is in need of proof to believe.” She stressed out. “Now, would you let me confirm it?”

“Y-Yujin—”

“Is that a no?”

Minjoo was left speechless. Yujin knows how to corner her really well. She was about to give in when Yujin stood up from her seat while laughing. She picked up her laptop together with her cup.

“I was just joking.” She gave Minjoo a pat with her freehand. “Let’s go inside since it is getting hotter—M-Minjoo?”

Yujin is looking at Minjoo who's holding on to her sleeve. Her head bowed down.

“I-I… I just thought we shouldn’t do that outside…” Minjoo lifted her head up to reveal her embarrassed yet still beautiful face. “I mean… we should go inside…”

Now it is Yujin’s turn to blush. She pretended not to hear what Minjoo said and proceeded to go inside the house. Yujin tried to remain calm but the truth is she’s already panicking deep inside. She isn’t the type to panic but it is her current state. Minjoo has never initiated something like that. This is the first time!

Yujin went straight to the kitchen after dropping her laptop in the living room. Minjoo is still silently following her. “Are you hungry Minjoo?” Yujin asked. “Do you want some—”

“Yujin-ah…” Minjoo shyly called, which made Yujin gulp. She turned to the other girl and her head was still down. “Last night… When your grandfather tried to touch me… I-It was the thought of you that came into mind… F-For the first time in my life I got really angry...”

“Minjoo-ya…” Yujin uttered under her breath.

Minjoo took a deep breath before continuing. “T-That time I felt the need to hit a person for the very first time in my life… I wanted to shout… I want to tell him straight to his face that only Yujin can touch me… That only Yujin has the right over me…”

Yujin made herself busy by opening random cabinets. “Minjoo, you are tired. Don’t try to remember what happened last night… You will just exhaust yourself even more—”

“If something bad happened last night I would never forgive myself. I won’t be able to face you anymore… So Yujin…”

“Minjoo—”

“Yujin, if you would…”

“Minjoo please…”

“…would you take me?”

Yujin’s world seemed to stop. There it was! It came straight from Minjoo’s lips. She felt like her whole body froze at the very moment she heard those bold words from Minjoo. She turned to her girl and saw her embarrassed, flustered face. She’s trying her best not to cry. If she’s going to turn her down then Minjoo won’t really have a face to show her—

Wait.

Who is she trying to fool?

Heaven knows that she won’t be able to turn down such an invitation from the most beautiful girl in the world. Why is she even hesitating about it? Why is she even panicking?

“S-Sorry, Yujin…” Minjoo apologised with a cheerful tone to lighten up the mood. “Forget about it. I was just… Nevermind. I will just go back to my room.”

Minjoo went back to the room where she woke up. She doesn’t really know about the other rooms of the villa so she just went to somewhere she knows a restroom could be located but even before she even locked herself from the world after being rejected, she suddenly just found herself being pulled away from the bathroom door. The next moment, she just found herself being pinned to the wall by who?

Who else could it be?

“Are you running away from me after offering yourself to me?” Yujin asked while intensely staring at her. Her eyes were travelling to each part of her face until it stopped and met her eyes.

“Y-Yujin—”

Minjoo gasped when she felt Yujin’s hand by her waist, the other one caressing her face.

“Do you think you can get off like that after stirring me up?” She asked in a longing voice. At times like this, Minjoo would immediately avert her stare but Yujin was surprised that the girl kept eye contact. Minjoo was looking at her with eyes filled with determination.

And then the next word from Minjoo ended it all. That very word gave a spark that resulted into a wildfire. That very word…

“Baby…”

And Yujin just let it go. She’s been trying to stop herself the whole time because of what happened to Minjoo last night but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter