Chapter 14: I AM

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

A CUP of hot vanilla latte was placed in front of Minjoo. She looked up to the person who served her the drink and gave him a faint smile.

“Thank you, Se-an-oppa.” Minjoo thanked the guy but her voice doesn’t show any energy at all. She wrapped the cup with her palms and let its heat make way on her body.

Her ex-boyfriend let out a deep sigh before pulling a seat for himself. “Tell me what happened, Minjoo-ya. The both of you are in the gossip page of the school again. I understand that you guys are a power couple but I didn’t know that it goes to this extent.”

Minjoo wasn’t even able to answer. She just lowered her back so she could put her face near the cup. She looked back at what happened earlier and somehow, she was amazed to herself that she managed to escape the great Ahn Yujin.

It was the first time ever in her life that she ran that fast. She then hid behind another establishment and waited for Yujin to go on another way. After she made sure that Yujin changed her search route, she hurriedly got out of the school disregarding the judgmental stares of the coming students. She then took the bus and before she knew it, she’s already at Insadong.

There she spent her time wandering around, trying to forget what happened. After snapping the hell out of Yujin, she’s not expecting that the Ahn Heiress would come and search for her. She did see her trying to catch her up but she believes she will just say something worse after embarrassing her in front of other people and after that throw her out. Yujin will never say sorry after getting embarrassed.

It’s just like that. She’s been trying to drive her away for the past weeks anyway. Maybe she was just thinking of how to properly kick her out of the house. The past weeks were like hell for her with Yujin suddenly changing like that… She apologised and reached out to her, she tried to understand her but Yujin didn’t try to understand her at all.

For her, it felt like she is the only one loving. She felt the exact same thing written on the nasty mails that she receives.

After you serve your purpose to Yujin, she will just throw you away. You are nothing but a tool for her dreams. Do you really think that she loves you? You are so easy. I raised Yujin the strict Ahn way, someone like you can’t just break that wall. A real Ahn never loves. We don’t step down to the level of losers. Don’t think too highly of yourself.

But of course, since you are just a tool. You are always welcome to my house. We will play happily. I will make sure you will enjoy it.

Minjoo started tearing up which made Se-an panic. “M-Minjoo-ya! What’s happening?”

The girl immediately wiped her tears. She didn’t mean to show her tears to anybody. It is okay. Everything will be fine. Everything…

“Sorry, Oppa… I didn’t mean to make you worry.” Minjoo took a deep breath to calm herself. Se-an just watched her with a heavy heart.

Se-an found her wandering at the street where the café he works part time is located. It was his day off at school and he is scheduled to work at the café for the whole day. The time he saw Minjoo gave him chills since it was the exact same time when he received a mention notification from Insta. A friend DMed a post regarding how Kim Minjoo ended up storming out after Ahn Yujin snapped on her best friend, Sakura. Minjoo looked so lost and he could see how there was no direction in her eyes. She was just walking like she was programmed to do so. She didn’t even respond to his call, he had to run after her just to get her attention.

Knowing that Minjoo is in a bad state, he invited her to the café to let her rest. The café owner is kind enough to let him take care of her. Se-an is a good part-timer anyway and his boss likes him a lot because of his work attitude.

“It is obvious that you got into a fight with Ahn Yujin but you shouldn’t just wander around in the city like this.” Se-an tried to lecture her. “I know our country is safe but still you can’t just go out looking really lost. What if you encounter someone who would take advantage of your state?”

Minjoo lowered her head even more. “Isn’t it what I am, Oppa? Someone that people take advantage of?”

Se-an was taken aback with that answer from Minjoo. He wasn’t expecting a response like that. He thought that Minjoo already gained confidence after being together with Ahn Yujin but why does it seem like she has less self-confidence than before? What on earth did Ahn Yujin do to make her look down at herself like this again?

“Y-Ya… Why are you talking like that Minjoo?”

Minjoo just shook her head and remained quiet once more. Se-an’s heart started to ache.

“Minjoo… you better go back to school. You have classes, right?”

Again, the girl shook her head. “It’s fine, Oppa. I won’t go to school today. It’s over for us anyway.”

“Hey, Minjoo… Are you hearing yourself? Don’t you remember what you told me before? Are you really giving up what you guys have?” Se-an worriedly asked.

The beautiful lass with swollen eyes laid her head on the table. “Yujin already gave me up, Oppa… She is already done with me. Should I still continue even if she keeps on pushing me away…?”

“I tried to understand her. I tried to understand the situation. She has a complex, she pays for my tuition and gives me a place to stay. Everything that I have now… I owe it all to her so all I can do is to comply with all her wishes. I thought it won’t be that bad since I am in love with her and she feels the same. I believe she knows what’s best for me. I know she could bring out the best in me and I saw the results during the time that I was with her but…”

Se-an reached for Minjoo’s head and gave her soft pats. “Everything piled up, am I right?”

Minjoo didn’t give any response but her sobs. Se-an’s free fist balled.

“I will reach out to Yuri and ask her if you can stay at the place she stays at. I can’t let you stay in my apartment because I have roommates. You need time to think… You and Ahn Yujin. Don’t decide right on the spot.” Se-an stood up from his seat and placed his hand on Minjoo’s shoulder. “Yuri might be in her own class so I will call her for lunch. For the meantime, just rest here. The owner already knows about the situation. Let’s eat lunch together later. I’ll get back to work first, okay?”

Minjoo gave out weak nods as her response. Se-an went back to his station but his mind is still occupied by his troubled ex-girlfriend.

‘I made her suffer the same thing… If only I trusted her more before, she wouldn't have to experience things like this… I should’ve been the one taking care of her… I lost my title over her…

If you don’t snap out of your foolishness then I won’t waste the chance to bring her back to me. You better wake up to reality, Ahn Yujin.’

 

 

 

 

THE POLICE officer started picking his ear while listening to Yujin’s report. He blew the dirt from his finger before getting back to the girl.

“So…” He started with a really confused face yet his tone is full of sarcasm. “Are you telling me to go and find a girl who is in second year college after she went missing because she ran away from you? Are you reporting this to the wrong office, Missy?”

Yujin’s eyebrow rose at the way she was called. She’s trying to control herself since she’s the one asking for help. She took a deep breath. “Yes, that’s what I am asking you to do.”

The officer crossed his arms while leaning back to his chair. “Are you really serious? Have you tried calling her?”

“She left her phone in her room. There is no way of reaching her through the phone.”

The guy shook his head. “Alright, Missy… I see that it is a fight between…” He took a look at Yujin from head downwards and then shook his head again. “…girlfriends, is what you are saying, right? She ran away and you weren’t able to catch her and now you can’t find her and can’t call her at the very least, am I right?”

“Yes, all of it is right.” Yujin admitted while looking straight into the officer’s eyes.

The officer scoffed and it didn’t help Yujin’s mood at all.

“Missy, this isn’t a place to report missing girlfriends. We are currently busy, don’t you see? Don’t order us to search for someone you drove away yourself.”

Yujin started to grit her teeth, her fists are both ready. “I want you to search for her.”

The officer, surprised by the way Yujin talked back, squinted. “Are you ordering me, Missy? Okay, let’s say that girl is indeed missing but we can’t declare her missing until 24 hours have passed, alright? You want to search for her but does she even want to return to you—”

“I WANT YOU TO SEARCH FOR HER!” Yujin growled. “Have me repeat what I want and you will say goodbye to the chair you are sitting right at this moment, Mister!”

The officer’s jaw dropped after that answer from the student. He stood up from his seat and shouted back to Yujin.

“Who the hell do you think you are, kid!? You don’t have any right to shout at a police officer like that!” He slammed the table and stared down at Yujin whose sharp,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter