Chapter 4: Uncertainties

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“S-STOP IT… I-If you keep doing that—“

“If I keep doing this then what? Don’t you like it?”

“I-I do but—“

“But? Give me five valid reasons why I must stop.”

“You aren’t being reasonable, Yujin.”

“It’s alright, Minjoo. It’s alright. I won’t hurt you.”

“Okay…” Minjoo finally surrendered .“If that’s what you want to do.”

“That’s it… That’s my good, good girl…”

Minjoo’s face flushed even harder. She loves it when Yujin calls her that way but it gives off dog and master vibes. Yujin doesn’t look at her like that, right? She’s more than just a pet, right?

She looked up at Yujin whose eyes were heavily glued on her book. Minjoo pouted. She held Yujin’s hand that is currently playing with her ears and pressed it to her own face. “Don’t blame me if I fall asleep while you my earlobe like that.”

It is one rainy Wednesday afternoon and the two are in the living room doing what they do best; more of what Yujin does best—studying. The midterms just finished so they are free from homeworks, reports and projects. For Yujin, after exams are the only time where she could take things a bit easy. And here she is, still having a book on her one hand but she has Minjoo on her other arm.

Minjoo is leaning on the other girl with Yujin’s left arm placed around Minjoo’s shoulder. It became a hobby to play with Minjoo’s earlobes whenever they sit close like this.

Yujin let out a sigh and pulled Minjoo nearer so she could smell her hair. Minjoo did fix her position so she could be at least a bit closer to Yujin although it seems like she has already made the girl her cushion.

Yujin, who was currently wearing round glasses at that time, took a peek of Minjoo; careful about being noticed. She got a whiff of Minjoo’s scent and a smile curved up her lips.

“Did you change the scent of your shampoo to the aroma that I like? Jasmine-scented shampoo? I didn’t know you care for my needs that much, Minjoo.”

Once again, Minjoo looked up at Yujin with an unimpressed face. Here is the playful part of Yujin again, making forced anecdotes of how great she is and how Kim Minjoo cares for her needs. Minjoo can clearly remember her bathroom smelling like her old shampoo while the bottle is thrown empty at the trash bin. A new set of imported Jasmine-scented shampoo and rinse are then perfectly placed somewhere she could notice quickly.

“I wonder if Eunyoung-imo mistook my shampoo as the bathroom cleaner.” Minjoo pouted.

And for no one knows how many times it is now, the two shared a look and just smiled at each other. Yujin made their foreheads touched while the staring contest was still on-going. Minjoo almost lost her stand.

“You look like a grumpy, little puppy when you pout.” Yujin teasingly whispered, which was answered by a frown from Minjoo.

“You called me a puppy again.” She protested.

“A cute, grumpy puppy to be exact.” Yujin pinched her cheek and went back to focus on her book; leaning her head on Minjoo’s.

The latter gave out a vexed sigh and went back to her book as well.

“Stop following me! Which breed are you? Get lost!”

Those words suddenly echoed inside Minjoo’s head forcing her eyes to scrunch close. The voice never changed in her memories. It is still the thunderous, cold voice that haunted her for quite a long time. Who would’ve thought that such a scar would open after a long period of healing and recovery?

If she would be given a chance to erase something from her past, she won’t think twice and erase that one fateful day from her memories. Let it vanish in the depths of her inactive brain cells. If only that day didn’t happen then she could just enjoy having Yujin call her good girl.

“Are you already sleeping?” Yujin asked after seeing her closed eyes.

Minjoo weakly shook her head. “No, I am just trying to put these things to my memory and erase unwanted ones.” Minjoo opened her eyes and her stare immediately landed on her book. “These things are more important.”

Yujin felt something heavy in her heart as if those words of Minjoo have deeper meaning than they should be. She gently caressed the girl’s hair and proceeded back to her earlobes.

CLICK!

A wide smile flashed on Eunyoung’s face after looking at the picture that she took secretly. She even used a camera application without any shutter sound so the two won’t be disturbed with their study time.

“I guess the Young Mistress would be embarrassed to see this but will end up asking for a copy from me again.” She remembered the countless times she presented to Yujin her stolen pictures and how the girl almost raged and turned as red as a cherry. She would pretend like she is really angry but will ask for the file for herself instead of asking Eunyoung to just erase it.

She has witnessed quite an improvement in Yujin since she adopted a stray dog like Minjoo. After that restless two months where Yujin felt so stuffy because she couldn’t properly express her feelings, that one trip on the beach somehow helped a lot. Eunyoung knows that Yujin has admiration for the other girl but she can also see that she’s not sure of what that attraction is for.

Looking at how things went, the Young Mistress has managed to relay to Minjoo that she’s important for her and that played an important part for the improvement of their relationship. The awkwardness between them has disappeared in that one snap of a moment.

Eunyoung could tell that even Minjoo was just waiting for Yujin to open up to her. The said girl, despite having such jaw-dropping beauty, is full of uncertainties in her life. Unless it comes out from someone’s mouth, she would remain with no assurance for everything. There are times that Eunyoung would like to ask Minjoo what made her like that but she thought that it would be better if she starts talking about it on her own. The lady is so sure that there is a much deeper scar underneath that perfection of an appearance.

“How beautiful is it for the heavens to make two scarred people to meet; that after all the countless attempts of healing oneself could only find the cure from someone who is bleeding as well.”

Eunyoung heaved a sigh. All that she could do is witness how the two’s relationship would develop. She could help when it is really needed but it is nice to see them do things at their own pace. She had never seen Yujin smile so much until Minjoo came into this formerly dim house.

The lady smiled to herself and proceeded to make afternoon snacks for the two girls. She remembered the time when she dropped the question while the two were having their dinner.

“Is there a need to remove the contract from the fridge since the two of you are officially dating?”

Eunyoung was really, really curious as to why they haven’t been removing the Master-Pet contract but she sincerely regretted asking about that. She wasn’t expecting the answer that Yujin gave and she even stated it with a poker face.

“It’s the same. It is still a Master and Pet relationship. Nothing has changed.”

Minjoo looked aghast upon hearing that. Eunyoung knew that Minjoo had already been thinking that there is something real going on between them but that one statement put things into ashes.

“Nothing has changed…”

She witnessed how a painful smile was drawn out of Minjoo’s lips. It was clearly fake. She gave stiff nods, heavily seconding Yujin’s answer as if she was being pranked. Once more, Minjoo was kicked out to the pool of uncertainties.

“W-Well… I guess I just have to do well as a p-pet companion.”

Eunyoung took a sharp breath. She was surprised to see that the heiress is still so confused about her feelings for Minjoo that she couldn’t be honest in front of other people.

“Don’t worry, Young Mistress. A time will come that you will be so sure of your feelings; you will be out of that ambiguity void…”

The lady took a pause and gave out a worried sigh.

“But you have to be prepared for the pushes. Please don’t get too hurt.”

 

 

 

 

YUJIN was on her way to her next class and she’s quite in a hurry. The next subject is in another building and it would start right after her previous class. There is no break at all. People might say that it is crazy but Yujin has gotten used to this schedule. She doesn’t have any problem with exerting effort if she gets things in return. If her professor just slacks then she would show her irritation by reading another book in that certain class. It is her way of saying that his way of teaching is boring.

For her, there is no boring subject. Everything is there to give the students knowledge. If she finds one making her sleepy it would be all because of the professor’s teaching style.

10:05 AM

She checked her smartwatch and smiled. She knows that Minjoo is at school by now. Since she has two majors, she has to take an 8AM class to fit everything to her schedule. Minjoo’s classes all start later so they don’t come to school together. Though it is the case, she doesn’t let Minjoo take the public transport to school; she makes sure that Eunyoung would drive and drop her princess. She can never let her masterpiece be transported without care especially if there are dirty hands lingering among the public.

She’s already five minutes late for her class but just the thought of Minjoo being in the same place as her makes her forget about it. The reason why she is hurrying now is to quickly get that class done and then have lunch with Minjoo.

She was about to climb the stairs when a guy coming out of the registrar’s office bumped into her. The guy immediately apologised to her, telling her that he was really in a hurry and didn’t notice her.

“Excuse me, random stranger but I am 172 cm. tall.” is what Yujin wanted to shove onto the guy’s face but he quickly got away. He was talking with someone on his phone with such a loud voice.

“Do you think she will talk to me? Could you ask someone to give her schedule to me? I badly want to see her. I really have to apologise!”

Yujin dusted her shoulder and went on. That person kind of spoiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter