Chapter 9: She's Eccentric

My Good, Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

IT IS already eleven in the evening but Minjoo just couldn’t put herself to sleep. She went out of her room and went straight to the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolate drink. She just couldn’t put herself at ease knowing that Yujin will be staying up until three in the morning.

The girl slowly opened Yujin’s door. She didn’t knock just as Yujin told her. There is no need for her to knock whenever she visits her room. She must learn to act more like a girlfriend and not anybody else.

Minjoo then saw Yujin on her study table, busy with the stuff that she’s trying to finish. It is just the third week of the semester but Yujin already has a lot of school load on her shoulder. Most professors are giving students reports to do as a group but Yujin always chooses to do group reports by herself since she couldn’t take the crap of having group mates. Minjoo isn’t surprised that Yujin wouldn’t be participating in their department’s M.T.

On the other hand, Minjoo chose not to register as well since it isn’t for free. She thought that it would be thick-skinned of her if she would ask Yujin to pay for it as well. She also didn’t ask her parents for the payment. She thought that it wouldn’t be that fun since Yujin won’t be there anyway.

Minjoo placed the cup of hot chocolate on Yujin’s table and that is the moment where the latter noticed her. Yujin was so focused on her report about Fluid Dynamics that she didn’t notice Minjoo entering her room.

“Minjoo-ya…” Yujin called out to her and then looked at the drink she prepared for her. “Why are you still not asleep, babe?”

The other girl stayed silent. She pulled the seat that she always uses whenever they are studying together in that room. Minjoo sat there and without saying any word hugged Yujin from the back, sending the latter to a surprise.

“Minj—“

“Just three minutes…” Minjoo then buried her face on Yujin’s back. “Just three minutes and I will leave. I want to tell you not to stay up too late but I know you won’t listen to me so I just want to give you energy before I sleep.”

Yujin smiled to herself. She went on with her report and just let Minjoo hug her. Her girlfriend initiated being sweet once again and she couldn’t help but be happy. She could feel how much Minjoo needs her and for Yujin it is a food for her ego.

Minjoo stood up after exactly three minutes. She’s feeling even more down after Yujin’s lack of response. She didn’t even return a hug to her when three minutes is all that she asks.

“Have a good night, Yujin.”

That’s all and she left the room. She wanted to give Yujin a kiss on the forehead but it seems like the other girl isn’t in the mood for that. She quietly left the room just like how she entered it. Minjoo went to the living room and threw herself to the sofa. She felt really embarrassed of what just happened.

She really just wanted to give Yujin a hug but she did sound too clingy but then she didn’t get any in return when she was expecting that Yujin would immediately hug her back.

The girl shook her head heavily and sighed. “No, Minjoo! You can’t be this selfish! Yujin is doing her best for her studies. You shouldn’t be a distraction!”

She lifted her cup of hot chocolate that she placed on the living room’s table before going to Yujin’s room. She took a sip to somehow relieve her disappointment and embarrassment but the scene just played again in her head, making her flustered out of nowhere.

“Come on, Minjoo… Don’t be a bad girl…”

She let out a deep breath and leaned back on the couch. She could imagine that Yujin would just be doing her homework during the time of M.T. and she would be studying alone in her room on the other hand.

Minjoo pulled the cushion lying beside her and buried her face on it. “Just sleep, Minjoo. Why don’t you just sleep anyway?”

“If she’s more beautiful than Kim Minjoo then Ahn Yujin can change her model, right?”

Minjoo clenched her fists after remembering what she heard in the cafeteria during lunch. Apparently there is a freshman from the Arts Department that is really gaining popularity because of her outstanding visuals. Minjoo hasn’t seen her yet but she could hear her classmates talking about the girl as well.

It is not that she is threatened about having someone more beautiful than her. She doesn’t consider herself as the most beautiful girl in school anyway, Sakura and Yujin’s cousin, Irene, always come to mind whenever she hears the word pretty. It is fine if someone else is above her in terms of visuals but she really dislikes being compared too much especially when it involves Yujin.

Everyone knows that she is Yujin’s model since the other girl just couldn’t keep shut about her plan. She’s proud that she has her as her masterpiece’s inspiration. But since everyone is aware of it, most people are thinking that she could be easily replaced if someone more beautiful would come out.

“I want to be the most beautiful girl in Yujin's eyes…” she tightened her hug to the pillow before letting all her energy out after realising something—she’s hopeless. She’s deeply in love with Yujin now and she doesn’t know how deep she’ll continue to fall.

“Ah!”

Minjoo suddenly gasped when she felt arms hugging her from the back. She turned to the person behind her and was surprised to see Yujin smiling at her. “Y-Yujin, w-why—“

“I already finished my work for today. And since you are still awake I thought I could go and recharge.”

Minjoo felt her heart melt after that statement from her girlfriend. She let go of the cushion and jumped into Yujin's arms instead. “You can recharge anytime… But I don’t believe you’re done with your work.”

Yujin smiled wider and started caressing Minjoo’s hair. “I’m almost done, babe. I can finish it all by tomorrow.”

“Are you sure?” Minjoo looked up to her girlfriend only to be surprised by a kiss on the forehead.

“I am sure. By the day of the M.T. all of my homeworks is done.”

Minjoo’s brows rose a little. “You are joining the M.T?”

Yujin gave her a nod together with that faint mischievous smile on her face. “I’m joining the M.T. this year. I thought that it wouldn't be bad to go.”

The thought of that freshman that is gaining a lot of attention entered Minjoo’s mind. She would be on the M.T. of the Arts Department for sure. With classes being held in the Arts Building, Minjoo is sure that Yujin and that girl had crossed paths already. Is she the reason why Yujin suddenly wanted to join the trip? It just isn’t like Yujin to join those kinds of team building.

“I see… The reason you are rushing your projects is because of the M.T., right?” Minjoo asked, her voice trailing a bit.

“Yes, I also asked Eunyoung-imo to prepare my stuff. I don’t know but I just can’t help but to look forward to it.” Yujin pinched Minjoo’s cheeks because the other girl was just looking at her while she’s talking.

“Enjoy your trip, I guess…” Minjoo then threw her stare to another direction before puffing her cheeks. This time, it was Yujin who got curious. She cupped Minjoo’s cheeks to make her look back at her but Minjoo just won’t lay her eyes back on the Ahn heiress.

“What’s with that cute face, Minjoo?” Yujin continued to squish Minjoo’s cheeks softly. “Of course I will enjoy it. I will be going with you.”

The last statement finally made Minjoo look back at her girlfriend. Her eyes were wide, which made Yujin giggle because of the cuteness. Yujin pulled her back into her arms and hugged her tightly.

“Were you thinking that I will be leaving you behind? I’m only going to join because of you.”

“B-But…” Minjoo stammered. “Yujin, we are in different departments. I am from—“

“There’s no problem about that. I’ve already talked to the Performing Arts Head who is organising the Arts Department’s M.T. and do you know who that is?”

Minjoo gulped. “P-Professor Kwon.”

Yujin smiled and started caressing her hair. “Yes, Minjoo. She immediately agreed even before I have to offer money—“

“Yujinie!” Minjoo produced a grumpy face. “What did you do exactly?”

The Ahn heiress dodged out of instinct because Minjoo usually slaps her on the shoulder whenever she says something unreasonable. “Of course I didn’t offer money, babe. When I told her that I would be joining the M.T. only if you are there, she immediately contacted the head of your major and asked for permission. Well, your department’s head isn’t that hard to deal with.”

“But why are you doing this, Yujin?” Minjoo worriedly asked. “You’ve been working so hard just because of this trip. You can just take it slow and spend the time on the trip for your homeworks…”

Yujin just shook her head. She looked straight to Minjoo’s eyes and made sure that the other girl would be looking to her as well. “Listen, okay? Because of our school schedule there isn’t much time for us to go out, to go on a trip. I thought of using this M.T. to go on a trip with you as an excuse. The last trip I had with you was wonderful. I want to make road memories with you again.”

“Y-Yujin…” Minjoo watched Yujin kiss the back of her hand. All the worries that she was thinking earlier just vanished. There goes those soft eyes of Yujin looking back at her once more.

“I know that last year you weren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter