Chapter 7

My Heart & My Soul

A Couple Days Later

Sana is glad that her partner isn’t trying to leave their project to the last minute since it will take awhile to finish it. They have it planned that Sana goes over after her roommate leaves so that they don’t bug her trying to figure out the whole thing. She managed to figure out what the project was about the next day when she asked her usual seatmate. She also found out his name was Wonho and that he is actually gay and has a boyfriend named Matthew who does a dance major here which she thinks is cool. The project happens to be a business proposal to the teacher about a small start up company where they present all the reasons why those in the class should invest in it. 

Every person in class gets roughly a thousand fake US dollars and at the end of the presentations each student invests however much in whoevers company seems best and the group with the most stock wins a hundred dollar gift card to whatever they choose. Sana is hoping that if they win that she can convince the girl to use it on a restaurant so they can go to dinner together. Just because Sana doesn’t invest herself in relationships doesn’t mean that sometimes she can’t indulge her whims. Before Sana can think anymore she feels her phone vibrate on her desk beside her laptop that she was sitting at to finish up some work for her actual business. 

Business Project Girl: 
My roommate left if you want to head over soon, just let me know when you’re here so I can buzz you up.
Here’s the address btw; xxx xxxxxxx st.  

Sana raises her eyebrow at that simply assuming that the girl would be living on campus but Sana just assumes she lives close by enough with her roommate. Sana isn’t sure who her roommate is as she never said her name or mentioned much about her but she isn’t one to pry. She doesn’t like to pry into other people’s lives because if she does then they will try to pry into hers which is the last thing anyone wants. 

The Japanese girl saves her work and then closes her laptop before reaching for her school bag and placing it inside along with her textbook and a couple other things she assumes they will need. She leaves her office and closes the door before heading down the hallway and notices Tzuyu and Chaeyoung eating at the island. She smiles at them both who smile back at her. 

“Did you want some, unnie?” 

Sana smiles and shakes her head no, “That’s alright Chaeyoung-ah. I’m going to a friends to work on a project for a couple hours, so we’re probably just going to order in food.” 

They nod their heads at her before turning back and starting to eat their food again while Sana walks towards the door and slips a pair of Chanel sneakers. She grabs her keys and heads out but not before throwing a quick farewell to the two younger girls. She makes her way into the elevator before heading to her car and typing in the girl’s address. Sana sees that she’s not very far from her which makes it easier on the Japanese girl and not having to worry about having to leave early so she’s not back so late. 

It takes her about 10 minutes to get to her place and Sana realizes that she must have a decent amount of money since it’s similar to the building that Sana lives in. She drives to the underground parking lot and into one of the visitors parking spaces she sees before shooting the girl a text letting her know that she’s downstairs. It doesn’t take long before she gets a response so Sana gathers her things and leaves the car to head towards the door to enter the condominium. 

Sana’s breath catches in as she sees the Korean girl leaning against the door with her hair brushed to the side as it flows down her shoulder. Sana almost has a gay panic because the girl is wearing this tight black crop top and this black almost pencil skirt as well as a green bomber jacket thrown over top. If the Japanese girl every doubted she liked girls then she’s sure now that the doubt will never come up again because just wow. 

The girl just stares at her with a small smile on her face, it’s more of a smug grin but details, before nodding her head inside, “Are you just gonna stand there or come inside?” 

Sana coughs into her hand slightly before moving to follow the older girl’s lead. Sana takes her shoes off and places them near the others that are neatly lined up before grabbing a pair of one of the several slippers she assumes are for guests. The Japanese girl follows the Korean into the living area which is very open and modern and also very well kept which she finds surprising. 

Sana knows that Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and her are weird compared to others around their age with everything having to be neat and put together. It’s especially weird for university students to be this well kept and organized. Sana has to hand it to the girl, or who roommate, for having the place so clean. 

The Korean girl sits on the couch where she has notes layed out with her laptop on the right of them. Sana follows her lead and sits on the couch beside her, with a decent amount of distance she is a guest and a new person after all, before placing her bag down and taking out her own things which she sets up similarly before turning to the other girl. Sana feels a blush almost rise on her cheeks not having noticed the other girl already watching her with an amused smile on her face. Sana glances down at her phone before sending a quick text to Tzuyu saying how she got here safe. 

“I still haven’t caught your name.” 

Sana whips her head up towards the girl who has her head tilted slightly with almost a small pout on her lips to which Sana dies but also like dies in a not gay reason. Sana can feel her anxiety swell slightly but before she can say anything she feels a hand on her arm with the thumb running back and forth comfortingly. 

“Hey, it’s okay. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I’m just not used to people not wanting to know other people’s names, because of the whole soulmark thing.” 

Sana shakes her head sadly at that before looking into the girls eyes with a hint of sadness staring back at her, “I’m not like most people. I don’t like to know people’s names unless necessary or because it happens naturally. If anything I’m more opposed to hearing peoples names.” 

The Korean girl hums at that before moving her hand and placing it over top Sana’s own, “That’s alright. If that makes you uncomfortable that’s not something you have to worry about with me.” 

Sana feels a genuine smile grace her lips and gazes up at the girl, “Thank you. That means a lot, truly.” 

The girl smiles before getting up and walking towards the kitchen before turning her head slightly to look back at the Japanese girl, “Coffee or tea? Personally I’m more of a coffee person myself.” 

Sana feels herself giggle a bit, unbeknownst to her the dark haired girl feels her heart ache at the sound, “I’m more of a tea person, sorry to break it to you.” 

“Guess this isn’t going to work out. Sorry this partnership is over.” 

Sana laughs at the girl’s response drifting out from the kitchen before forming her own response, “Well now I didn’t know it was such a deal breaker.” 

The girl comes back in with two mugs and what seems to be cream and sugar before placing one of the mugs in front of Sana, “Well coffee is dearly important to me how could I ever be with someone who isn’t a coffee person. How would our mornings go?” 

The Japanese girl shakes her head fondly at this before wrapping her hand around the tea mug and taking a sip and responding to the girl, “Well personally my mornings go along the lines of breakfast in bed.” 

The Korean girl feels drop open slightly at the comment and the smirk that dances across the Japanese girl’s lips as she finishes her sentence. Sana places her mug down and leans forward before placing her right hand decently high up her thigh and using her left to gently close the other girl’s mouth. She does this before she leans her head more forward and almost grazes her lips against the girls right ear. 

“Don’t want a pretty little thing like you catching flies now.” 

Sana pulls back with a smirk and notices the blush that dusts the girl’s cheeks and laughs slightly at her. The dark haired girl coughs and reaches to take a sip of her coffee before placing the mug down and shaking her head at Sana. 

“You’re good. Almost as good as me.” 

Sana tilts her head slightly and smiles innocently at her, “I thought I was better?”

“Jesus you’re going to kill me.” 

Sana giggles at that before pulling her laptop onto her lap and sending the other girl a devilish grin, “I’m not Jesus but I most definitely will try my best to make you swoon.” 

The Korean girl just shakes her head before reaching for her own laptop assuming, hoping, that they’re going to start working on the project now. Sana pulls up the document that she started about the company that the two girls can start building on since it can’t be a current company but one that they come up with from the ground up themselves. 

The two girls get lost in the work they barely notice the time passing by as they build most of the foundation and some of the products that the ‘company’ tailors in. Before they can get any further Sana hears someone come into the apartment and turns towards the door but can’t seem to see who it was except catching a glimpse of ashy blue hair as it goes into the hallway. Sana assumes that it leads to where the rooms are in the apartment. 

Before Sana can turn back to the older girl she hears soft piano music playing in the background. Sana can’t recognize the piece but she thinks it sounds lovely and closes her eyes and lets the sound of the piano drift through her ears. Sana really wants to know what the piece is since she knows her father would love it at one of the gala’s the company hosts. 

“What song is that?” 

The Korean girl turns to her before glancing down the hallway and turning back to her with a smile, “It’s actually an original of my roommate's. She’s been composing the song for awhile now and can’t seem to perfect it.” 

The Japanese girl stares longingly towards the hallway and breathes out a simple, “It’s lovely.” 

The dark haired girl nods, “She isn’t the most social type so I hope you’re not offended about the fact she didn’t come to say hi. She can be very awkward at first with new people.” 

Sana turns to the girl and shakes her head, “Not at all, I completely understand. My best friend is the same way and tends to avoid meeting new people unless she has to which doesn’t really fit with her job for the future.” 

The dark haired girl seems intrigued and turns towards Sana, “Which is?” 

Sana smiles and answers simply, “Business related.” 

The girl hums and reaches for her, third, cup of coffee to take a sip before placing it back down, “Does she know specifically what she wants to get into in the business field?” 

Sana nods her head softly, “She does just isn’t one to talk much about it.” 

The Korean girl shifts slightly in her seat and leans back a bit while pulling the laptop closer to her, “That’s understandable. Most people don’t have to be forthcoming about information that only concerns them.”

Sana sneds the girl a smile, “I agree.” 

The older girl glances to the top right corner of her laptop to check the time and realizes what time it is. She places her laptop on the table before pulling out her phone and turning towards the slightly confused Japanese girl. 

“I totally lost track of time, is there anything you want to eat? My treat since I’m the one who hasn’t fed you in hours.” 

Sana reaches for her phone and realizes its past seven pm before laughing a bit, “Honestly it’s no worries I didn’t notice the time either. Besides I’m not starving anyways.” 

The older girl bites her lip, “Are you sure? I can get you something seriously you must be at least kind of hungry, right?” 

Sana hums a bit before conceding to the girl’s point, “I am kind of hungry but it’s not like a dire situation so there’s no need to worry.” 

“Well, anything you’re in the mood for?” 

“Honestly?...... probably some samgyetang or tteokbokki, what about you?” 

The Korean girl smiles at the choices glad she can order from her favourite place since it serves what the Japanese girl wants, “I’ll probably get bibimbap and gamjatang. I’ll see what my roommate wants just give me a bit.” 

Sana nods her head as the older girl gets up and walks towards the hallway and if her hips were swaying more than usual then that’s her secret. If Sana’s eyes happened to be watching her leave and biting her lip then that’s her secret to keep. 

The Japanese girl grabs her phone from the table to check to see if she has any notifications - she always does because of her work but she wants to see if it’s any she needs to handle at the moment. She reads over the notifications before replying to a couple of messages and emails she’s gotten since she’s been here. 

She doesn’t notice the dark haired girl leaning against the wall and staring at her and what she should have noticed but didn’t was Japanese lettering peeking out around the Korean girl’s collarbone. If Sana was looking she would have noticed it for the first time since the girls jacket shifted as she leaned against the wall. If she was paying attention she would have noticed a sad smile on the girl’s face. 

Before Sana can look up the girl moves from the wall and walks towards the younger girl who looks up at her after hearing her footsteps against the floor. Sana smiles at the girl before putting her phone down. The Korean girl smiles back at her before moving to sit on the couch again. 


“I ordered the food so it’ll be on it’s way and should be here around a half hour, so if you want we can just finish up quickly and finish for the day or we can just relax and not work on the project any more.” 

Sana shrugs unsure of which option she would want anyways before responding to the girl, “Honestly whichever one you want is fine with me.” 

“Well personally I’m mentally exhausted for the day and would much rather throw an episode of some tv show on while we wait for food.” 

Sana giggles at that and nods her head, “Sure that sound’s good.” 

The dark haired girl smiles before reaching to grab the remote controller and grabbing a throw blanket out of seemingly nowhere before offering one to the Japanese girl who takes it with a smile. After both girls have their respective throw blankets, they turn the tv on and actually end up playing the movie Train to Busan since Sana hasn’t seen it before. They don’t even notice the time pass before they hear someone knock on the door.

The older of the two pauses the movie and lifts the blanket off of her before getting up and walking towards the door. Sana just watches as the girl opens the door and pays for the food before bringing the takeout in. Sana sees that she’s struggling slightly and gets up and takes most of the food out of the Korean girl’s hands while sending her a large smile. 

“Thank you,” the dark haired girl uses her now more free hand to move a piece of hair behind her ear while sending Sana a shy smile with the faintest blush on her cheeks. 

Sana almost swoons at the shy look on the usually confident girl’s face. They finish carrying the food into the living room and dishing out the food to whoever got it before the older girl gathers the food that Sana assumes is for her roommate and gets up. 

“I’ll bring this to my roommate and be back so that we can continue the movie.” 

Sana hums non-committedly as she begins to open the food but not begin to eat any of it as she waits for the other girl to come back to the living room. Sana stares out the window of the apartment to admire the view which shows the sun setting over this cute park. The sun is dying the sky in a pretty pink and orange colour that makes Sana feel warm inside. The quiet times like these where she is just enjoying the simple things are what make Sana miss her parents and Taiwan. Sana reminds herself to call her parents later because she misses their voices, their faces, their hugs and reassurance that what she’s doing it good and okay. 

The Japanese girl sometimes just feels so overwhelmed with everything going on in her life but she can’t get help. She won’t ask for help. She can’t put the burden she has on Tzuyu and Chaeyoung they’re still so young and don’t need to be more overwhelmed than they are. She was tasked with doing it and she can do it but she was prepared for this when she was older not now. She’s been prepped for taking over the company as the older one and has been looking forward to it but at the same time she’s just so stressed. 

Part of Sana doesn’t think she can do it, doesn’t think she can survive the rest of University, but she has to. She has to for herself and Tzuyu because she doesn’t want the younger girl to deal with all that she’s had to do. She has to do it for her and Tzuyu’s fathers so that they can retire and enjoy the rest of their lives because they’re getting old. Sana feels a lump in and feels herself getting emotional but before she can get deeper into her head she feels arms wrap around her. 

Sana looks over and sees the older girl and leans into the warm embrace before taking a deep breathe. Sana lets herself relax into the older girl’s arms and accepting the comforting nature of what is currently happening to her. She basks in the silence that surrounds them and can hear the soft piano music playing in the back from the girl’s roommate and the sound of both of them breathing. She basks in the comforting atmosphere and the smell, of what Sana thinks is jasmine, wash over her as she tries to slow her racing mind and heart. 

The two end up staying like that for Sana doesn’t even know how long before she pulls away and shifting so that she can stare at the older girl. She looks at her and studies her face for a moment before meeting the other girl’s eyes and can feel her heart race slightly before calming down again. Sana glances at her phone and notices the time. 

Sana breaks the silence as she reaches for her phone before looking at the girl and meeting her eyes, “Thank you. For everything. I didn’t intend for today to go like this.” 

The girl smiles gently and places her hand on her arm stopping Sana as she starts putting things into her bag, “It’s more than okay. You don’t need to thank me for anything. Things happen it’s normal and I still had a good time with you.” 

Sana smiles at that before putting the last of her things into her bag and getting up, “I have to go since it’s getting late and my roommates are going to worry.”

Sana doesn’t mention how it won’t just be her roommates that will be worried she’s been out so late without checking her phone at all. The Japanese girl doesn’t think it appropriate to say much more or reveal much about herself. To be fair she barely opens up to anyone in the first place, including her family but she does eventually just that it takes a lot longer but she does eventually. 

The Korean girl gets up and stands beside Sana before sending the girl a smile, “I’ll walk you to the door.” 

Sana smiles fondly knowing that the door isn’t that far away from where they are but appreciates the gesture nonetheless. Sana nods her head before walking towards the door to the apartment but not before grabbing her shoes and slipping them on. They both get to the door and Sana opens it before stepping into the hallway while the older girl holds the door open as she stares at Sana. 

Sana breaks the relative silence first, “Thank you again for everything, seriously.” 

The dark haired girl shakes her head and sends her a soft smile, “Nothing to worry about. I hope you get home safe.” 

Sana smiles at the girl. “It’s not too far of a drive so it should be relatively okay but just text me and let me know when you’re free to meet up again for the project.” 

The girl nods her head before responding in a pleasant tone, “For sure. We can figure everything out and then hash out any final details that we’ll need for it.” 

Sana smiles before bidding the girl a goodnight, “Enjoy the rest of your night. Sleep well, goodnight.” 

The girl watches as she turns around and heads towards the stairs before calling out to her, “Have a goodnight yourself and remember to be safe on your drive home.” 

Sana doesn’t notice the older girl watching her as she walks away and down the stairs and she especially doesn’t notice the older girl reach up and rub her collar bone where her soulmark is. The Japanese girl just hopes that everything in her life will fall into place soon. She doesn’t know what the rest of her life will bring but she does hope that she will be happy with it.


Hello so I updated and I know I took awhile but with the start of school and the mess that is my own life right now. So we've kinda met the next person in the story though I kinda figure that you guys will know exactly who she is which is fine since starting next chapter the character names will be revealed. I've started the next chapter and I'm not sure how long it will take becasue of my workload but I will try my best to write it and put it up for you guys. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, any and all mistakes are my own.