Chapter 4

My Heart & My Soul

A Week Later


Sana wakes up to the sound of her alarm going off and almost screams when she checks the time wondering why in god's name she is awake at 6 am before remembering that she has school. Sana groans before getting out of bed knowing that if she doesn’t Tzuyu or Chaeyoung will barge in here demanding she gets ready. 

Sana wonders why they all need to be at school at 8 before rolling her eyes and remembering it’s orientation day and it’s mandatory to go. Sana knows that this doesn’t necessarily mean she has an 8 am class but it’s still aggravating to be up this early. For work the girl only needed to be awake at 8 since they only needed to be there for 10. You would think the girls only need an hour or so to get ready but driving in traffic plus having 3 high maintenance girls in the house means they need those two hours to get places on time. 

Sana stretches her body before glancing at her bed and feeling a loneliness set in as she once again wakes up alone. Sana wonders if she can talk to the girls about it being alright if they can get an animal. Besides that the Japanese girl walks towards her closet to decide on what to wear today. She’s probably going to opt for something casual since she doesn’t want to flaunt her money but her car will do plenty of that anyways. 

She browses through her clothes before settling on one of her black skater skirts before picking a red tank top that does pretty well in emphasising that fact she has a pretty nice bust but grabs a long black cardigan to throw over top the tank top. She grabs a matching pair of lingerie since she loves the way the lace feels on her skin. She puts on everything else before going to the washroom and starting her morning routine. 

Sana decides for a simple moisturizer, concealer and foundation since she doesn’t feel like going all out today. After she finishes brushing her teeth she grabs her phone and her purse which was all that she needs, essentially speaking, before heading out of her room she grabs a pair of simple black boot wedges. 

She makes her way down the hall and into the kitchen where she sees Chaeyoung making food but before Sana can even offer to help Chaeyoung points directly at the seat in front of her. Sana pouts before walking towards the barstool and sitting down but smiles when Chaeyoung places a cup of tea in front of her. 

“How did you sleep, Chaeyoung-ah?” 

Chaeyoung looks at Sana and smiles, “Pretty well honestly. Tzuyu has been nervous for some reason but refuses to tell me why.”

Sana shrugs, “Maybe she feels awkward about going to a new University in a new country?” 

Chaeyoung nods her head but looks towards Sana, “Yeah but it’s not like it should be a worry for you guys since you both speak several languages fluently.” 

Sana laughs prettily before shaking her head fondly, “Yeah I remember all those Korean classes my father decided that Tzuyu and I should take. Tzuyu hated them. She could never concentrate she was always too distracted by everything else, including our attractive teacher.” 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes at this, “Yeah I remember the teacher. Tzuyu wouldn’t shut up about her in the beginning of our friendship. That girl, I swear, almost made me slap her daily.” 

Sana smiles fondly at that, “Yeah Tzuyu was pretty obsessed with Ms. Lee. She even got the teacher to let Tzuyu use her first name casually. Tzuyu was such a flirt before she settled down with you I swear.” 

Chaeyoung scowls slightly at that, “Ugh. Don’t remind me. It took us so long to get together before our soulmarks because Tzuyu’s skull is so damn thick she didn’t even notice anything outside of a pretty face.” 

“I mean what do you expect when you have a face like mine?” 

Sana laughs at the blush crawling up Chaeyoung’s face as Tzuyu stands behind Chaeyoung and wraps her arms around her neck to hand over her front. Sana just reaches forward and holds onto her mug before taking a sip of her tea, loving the way Chaeyoung refuses to meet Tzuyu’s eyes. 

Sana almost coos at the two while Tzuyu places a fond kiss onto Chaeyoung’s cheek and the smaller girl leans back into the taller girl’s hold before lifting her hands and placing them over Tzuyu’s. She wonders if she can ever have something like that and with that she feels the loneliness creep back into her heart. 

The Japanese girl doesn’t need a relationship to feel happy but even really happy people can feel lonely. It’s simply just something that happens regardless of anything because everyone simply just wants a companion. Sana would love to say she already found her companions but when she watches the couple she realizes she is just on the outside watching in on a perfect relationship. 

Sana just continues to silently eat her breakfast while Tzuyu and Chaeyoung whisper back and forth between each other. Unbeknownst to the Japanese girl sitting barely five feet away, the two girls are actually in fact talking about how they can manage to introduce Sana to the name they recognized on her body without it being obvious to both parties. You would think the girl would have figured out Chaeyoung and Tzuyu knew her soulmate but Tzuyu uses a different last name when meeting Chaeyoung’s friends for privacy. 

“How are we supposed to get Sana to meet her without it being obvious we want them to meet because I know you and you can’t keep a secret from Sana to save your life.” 

Tzuyu huffs at this before crossing her arms over her chest, “What’s that supposed to mean?” 

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, “I mean that you are unable to lie to Sana because you love her more than anything.” 

Tzuyu blushes at this and shoves Chaeyoung, “I thought you weren’t ever going to mention that again.” 

Chaeyoung just laughs before smiling at Tzuyu, “Then you shouldn’t have admitted it the first time that you got drunk, Tzuyu-ah.”

The taller girl just glares at the girl before stage whispering at the smaller girl, “I hate you.” 

The older girl just smiles and flutters her eyelashes at Tzuyu, “Do you really?” 

Tzuyu feels her resolve crack and sigh before shaking her head ‘no’ to which Chaeyoung counts as a very happy victory for her. The two girls seemingly forgetting the serious conversation they were supposed to be having in the middle of their lovers quarrel. Sana just looks at them and shakes her head fondly, having been seemingly used to the constant bickering between them since she bickers with the youngest girl as well. 

Sana feels at home with Tzuyu and Chaeyoung which she has never been able to explain. There is a part of her that believes she fits with them but knows in her soul that it could never be because to her Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are the perfect romantic soulmates. If you asked her whether she doubted that they were made for each other she would laugh and simply say ‘have you seen them?’ as if that’s the only possible answer. Sana is so lost in thought she doesn’t hear Chaeyoung calling her. 

“Sana-yah? Sana?” Chaeyoung laughs slightly before shoving Sana who stares up wide eyed at Chaeyoung, “Eh?” 

Chaeyoung shakes her head fondly, “You really are Japanese.” 

Sana has a confused look in her eye before she pouts and stares at Chaeyoung who weakens and hugs the older girl. Sana smiles and wraps her arms happily around Chaeyoung while Tzuyu just smiles at the two. 

“Come on guys or we’re going to be late for school. You know how they are on the first day after all,” Chaeyoung and Sana pull away and nod as each girl gathers their things before heading out the door to the elevator. 

Sana looks and realizes that it’s just the three of them without the bodyguards, “Are the Colonel and Lieutenant going to meet us there?” 

Tzuyu turns to Sana after the girls head into the elevator and pushes the button to the basement, “We’re meeting them downstairs. They should already be in regular clothes and stuff.” 

Chaeyoung looks over to Tzuyu, since she seemingly has the answers to everything, “How is this going to work?” 

“What do you mean?” 

Chaeyoung stares at Tzuyu like it should be obvious, which to her it is, “It’s not like people can know that they’re out bodyguards. That involves explaining ourselves which I’m sure we’re going to have to do plenty of when we go to school in our expensive cars along with everything we’re wearing designer.” 

Sana tilts her head to the side to look at Tzuyu, “She does have a point Chewy. We’re already going to be drawing attention naturally. If we draw anymore then people will research into each of us which we don’t want. We all have separate Instagrams for privacy aside from our social one that we maintain for good PR.” 

“To my knowledge they will be attending classes with us as if they were students themselves. The only people who know that they aren’t actual students is us, the teachers we have and the head of the university. They won’t be required to do any work which means they won’t be doing our work for us,” Tzuyu looks at Chaeyoung and Sana as she says this which doesn’t deter either of the ‘adults’ from attempting to convince the bodyguards to do their work for them. 

“Along with that though there will always be one of them in class with us so they can watch over us and protect us from whatever could happen. Which could be anything, especially when he announces that you’re his heir to the company. All anyone knows about us is that we are rich and just associated with the company and that we are women so they don’t think we are going to be running any branch of theirs at all. People could do something to us to ‘move up’ in the company.” 

Sana shakes her head at this, “I know you’re right but it’s still so annoying how Korea and Japan, as well as most Asian countries, see us as less than and incapable of running companies or hold high places of power purely because we are women.” 

Chaeyoung turns to the two girls, “You’re both right but hopefully we can be the right step in the proper direction. I mean we don’t exactly help the stereotype since all of our assistants are women.” 

Tzuyu turns to both of them and smirks, “Actually mine is in the middle of transitioning.” 

The smallest out of the three tilts her head curiously seemingly trying to understand what Tzuyu means, “What do you mean middle of transitioning??” 

Sana is actually the one who answers the question, “Tzuyu-ah means that the person she hired is transitioning from one gender to the other which is called Transgender.” 

“Exactly, so basically they were born a girl but are becoming a man,” Tzuyu says this as she smiles at Sana who smiles back.

Chaeyoung looks at both of them not properly understanding what they mean, “But she was born a girl and wants to be a guy? That doesn’t make sense.” 

Tzuyu reaches down to hold Chaeyoung’s hand, “The way being trans works is that they were essentially born in the wrong body.” 

Sana intervenes, “That means that they have a disconnect from their body where their body grew in the way that their brain didn’t. Their brain developed as a different gender than their body did which makes them feel trapped or uncomfortable which causes them dysphoria.” 

Chaeyoung seems to pause in thoughts before nodding her head slowly but a thought pops into her head before she shakes it away hastily, “I think I get what you guys mean.” 

Tzuyu nods her head with a smile, “It’s okay if you can’t wrap your head around it. Sana-chan and I traveled a lot as children and it would be to foreign countries that were very accepting of LGBT+ people. We essentially grew up like that as well as our fathers teaching us since ,ost places dislike when men are soulmates even if it is platonic like Sana’s and I’s fathers. Sana’s mother took us to pride a couple of times when there was a parade when our fathers were there for business and we all tagged along.” 

Sana smiles and places a hand on Chayeoung’s shoulder who turns to her, albeit nervously, “No one is going to judge you for not fully understanding right now Chayeoung-ah. You grew up in Korea before going to high school with us. There is nothing wrong with trying to learn and understand.” 

Chaeyoung nods her head and smiles, “I just never heard of it. I know there are gay people, like us, but I never heard of being trans?” She turns towards Tzuyu to make sure she got the working right. 

Tzuyu smiles, “That’s the right term don’t worry.” 

“I’ve only watched a couple of American tv shows and they have gay people and stuff but I’ve never seen one with a trans person in it.” 

Sana nods her head at this since Chaeyoung isn’t the most fluent in the English language like Tzuyu and her were, “If you want I can show you a show or two?” 

Chaeyoung eyes shine and she looks up at Sana with a bright smile, “Can you please? I want to know more.” 

Sana chuckles and ruffles Chaeyoung’s hair a bit who doesn’t even bat an eye, “Of course I can but later. We still have school.” 

While they were talking they didn’t notice that they were in the parking lot but when they do they walk towards their cars where they notice the two girls they were looking for before waiting for them. They make their way over to them before greeting them as usual to which the two greet back. 

The Colonel looks to them and nods towards the elevator as she puts her hands into her pocket, “You guys were longer than usual.” 

They all look at each other unsure of what to say to that since they were busy talking about things they are unsure if the two ex-military officers will be okay with but before they can dwell on it Sana saves the day, “Sorry we were late because of me.” 

The two ex-military officers share a glance before the Lieutenant shakes her head slightly with a small smile on her face, “Of course. I shouldn’t have guessed otherwise.” 

Tzuyu nods her head and gestures towards the cars, “Should we go?” 

Everyone nods their heads before heading into their own perspective cars and their companions follow. Sana walks towards her Charger since it would be better to not show up with a souped up Audi on your first day of school when you’re not trying to stand out that much. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung head towards Tzuyu’s Charger. They know it will be weird to basically show up in two different cars that are basically the same with Tzuyu’s being indigo and Sana’s being black as it’s their favourite colour. The two ex-military officers head into their own black car as they follow the girls out of the garage and onto the street headed towards the university. 

It takes them all roughly 15 minutes to get to the university and park in the spots that they bought from the school so that they aren’t separated. Sana reaches for her bag before grabbing her phone and stepping out of her car. She locks it and looks towards Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who come up to her with their bags also slung over their shoulders. Sana takes the time to properly assess what Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are wearing. 

Tzuyu is wearing a black jean skirt along with a white blouse that is tucked into the front of the skirt with her Michael Kors Bancroft leather satchel on her left side. The second youngest opted to wear navy blue chinos with one of her caramel coloured dress shoes with the same coloured belt with a blue and lightly striped button up that is tucked in with the sleeves rolled up with her Prada Saffiano black shoulder bag on her right side. Sana smiles when she realises why their bags are on opposite sides so that they can hold hands.

They stand beside Sana before glancing over their shoulders to see that the two ex-military officers are following behind them at a distance. They all turn around and begin to walk towards where they know the beginning of orientation starts in the student centre. The three girls fail to notice almost everyone stopping to stare at them in awe or jealousy, depending on who you asked. The two ex-military look to each other before walking so they are only a couple of feet behind the girls with how people are looking at them. Before anyone can react someone bumps into Sana. 

Sana almost trips and falls back but Tzuyu goes to her and braces her back so she can stand up right again. The ex-military walks towards them more before Chaeyoung stops them by opening her palm by her side. Sana shakes her head slightly before looking down at the girl who is starring up at her in horror. The Japanese girl notices the girl spilled her coffee and some of her books. The girl bends down and begins to collect some of the things not noticing the amused look on Chaeyoung’s, the scowl on Tzuyu’s and the Lieutenant, and the one of pure awe on the girl staring at her. 

Sana gets back up with the girls book and offers her hand, “You look like you need some help getting up?” 

The girl shakes her head out of her shock and reaches for Sana’s hand before hesitating but Sana wasn’t having it and grabs it before helping the scared girl to her feet, “What’s your name?” 

The girl looks startled at the question before spouting out whatever comes to her mind, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t notice where I was going and you’re just so pretty and I am so nervous right now and I hope you’re alright and that I didn’t hurt you since that would just be a tragedy and I spilled my coffee but it wasn’t on you so I am so grateful for that and you were so sweet and you picked up my books and helped me up even though I was the one who bumped into you and just oh wow you’re so pretty and I am so sor-.”  

Sana has an amused smile on her face as she cuts the girl off with her giggle to which the girl just pauses and stares at Sana in awe, “Don’t be sorry. I think you just made my morning a lot better than it was.” 

The girl stares confused, “But I bumped into you and almost knocked you over?” 

Sana keeps her amused smile on her face and tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear, “If it meant bumping into you then it was definitely worth it.” 

The girl isn’t sure how to respond to that and tries to think of something to say while Sana uses this time to check the girl out. Sana notices her long flowing hair which is now a little messy from the ordeal but to Sana it makes her look more attractive. She bites her lip as she looks over her body and almost curses when her eyes linger on the girl’s bust. Sana thinks the girl has amazing curves and overall just an amazing body. 

The one issue with Sana is that she is never sure if she wants to screw the girl or be the girl when she ever find one that makes her question her entire existence like the goddess in front of her. Sana smiles as she notice the girl fidget a little but shakes her head to not get lost staring at the girl. The Japanese girl turns to look over her shoulder to see Tzuyu and the Lieutenant staring at the girl in front of her with a hard look in their eyes while the Colonel and Chaeyoung just look exasperated and amused respectively.

The girl looks around before noticing everyone is staring at them wondering what is going to happen. The girl blushes unused to the attention she is getting from everyone before turning back to Sana who still has a smile on her face, “I’m so sorry again. I don’t know how I managed to bump into you.” 

Sana tilts her head slightly and smiles brightly at the girl before shaking her head, “Don’t be sorry like I said. Though I am sorry about your coffee.” 

The girl turns to the side and notices she is no longer holding a coffee but that instead it is sitting spilled on the ground before turning back to Sana and shaking her head, “No oh my gosh it’s okay really! It was my fault anyways.” 

The Japanese girl smiles and tilts her head slightly to the side, “Really it’s alright. This whole thing has been rather interesting for me.” 

Coffee girl just blushes at Sana’s intense gaze not being sure what to interpret from it before running a hand through her hair and glancing at the hard stares she feels from behind Sana. If the girl was looking she probably would have seen Sana open and close it slowly. Sana has never seen someone so attractive than the girl in front of her and it doesn’t help that she is adorable. Sana can be such a weak gay but it isn’t her fault okay she just loves women. 

Sana opens her bag and reaches for her pen before turning to the girl and reaching forward to grab her arm grabbing her attention. Everyone stares as Sana uncaps her pen and begins to write on the frozen girls arm while two pairs of eyes stare in jealousy. As the Japanese girl finishes she glances up at the girl and bites her lip noticing the blush and how it deepens. 

Sana moves back and caps the pen before slipping it back into her bag, “See I want to make it up to you anyways. A cute girl like you deserves her coffee of course.” 

The girl is stunned to form an actual sentence and lets out a small, “Okay.” 

Sana smiles at this and steps so she is closer to the girl and leans down to whisper into her ear, “Just make sure you don’t leave me waiting. A girl like you deserves to have someone to gift them coffee.” 

As the Japanese girl speaks she slips her arm so it’s resting on the girls waist and when she pulls back Sana chuckles a bit at the blush on the other girl’s cheeks. Sana places a soft kiss on the girl’s cheek before walking away and dragging her hand behind her. Sana doesn’t turn around but if she did she would have noticed the girl placing her hand on her cheek and the mess that she left behind in the form of her friends. 


A/N: Hi I'm sorry about taking so long but we have officially met another girl. I left two plot hints for you guys if you guys can figure it out. I'm going to put a poll later on to see if you guys want one or both of the plots in since it's not something everyone would want to read and such.