Chapter 6

My Heart & My Soul

The next week

Sana’s life has been, to put it gently, stressful as hell. She’s been having late nights constantly since the news was brought up last week about someone in the company embezzling money. Her nights, or better yet early mornings, have consisted of trying to figure out what is going on and getting as much detail as possible before she can make any decisions based on the information she has. This is all been going on as well as all of the school work that Sana has been tasked with doing. A business major on top of running a company is stressful work and it’s taking a serious toll on the Japanese girl.

She’s constantly tired or exhausted and can barely pay attention in her classes at this point as she almost always accidentally falling asleep in class. She knows a couple of people have caught her and she is so grateful that her seatmate, Sana thinks he’s lovely and gay, gives her notes and wakes her up if she’s either about to fall asleep or is asleep before she gets caught. Sana thinks she is going to take him out to some dinner to repay the boy and properly befriend the kid in case he needs a job after school is over. Sana likes to repay the people who are kind to her. 

The Japanese girl knows and understands how stressful University life is without a job but she doesn’t just have a regular job she is running a company. She knows she should start giving the others more work or her own secretary but Sana just can’t bring herself to do it. She also knows she should make more of an effort to spend time with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu after all that they have been doing for her. 

Most nights Sana is just trapped in her office until the early hours of the morning and forgets that she needs to actually eat and drink to function as a human being. Bless Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s soul, the two girls will come in and place food or a drink in front of Sana before placing a kiss on the girl’s forehead before leaving the room. The two have an understanding of not pushing Sana to spend more time with them as she is dealing with so much going on in the company. Sana will forever be grateful to those two who somehow manage to take care of her even though she is older than both of them. 

Sana just shrugs it off knowing that she actually needs to function today and try to slightly pay attention in her classes, even though they bore the life out of the Japanese girl. She shifts her bag so it’s more on her shoulder before glancing over her shoulder and notices that the Colonel is following her today. She tries not to feel slightly sad about it but what can you really do when it’s not her place to ask for them to switch. She just looks forward and continues walking to her Principle of Public Relations class that she doesn’t hate as much as the others, probably because there are cute girls in the class but what else can you expect from the known ‘snake’ of her group.

She enters the class and notices the guy who is most of her classes saving a seat for her and makes her way to it and smiles at him before sitting down, he smiles back of course. Sana really should remember to ask the boy’s name and try to be better friends with him but she is just too busy to maintain any sort of relationship, in any sense, at the moment. She looks up when she hears her professor start talking and pull out her laptop to start taking notes.

Sana wishes it could go by faster as her note taking has only been done purely because the girl has perfected taking notes without actually listening properly to what is being said to her. She thinks it’s a fantastic skill but her father just rolls his eyes fondly when she gets like this. Sana likes to think it’s her superpower of some sort and revels in it but Tzuyu thinks it not something she should do since she ‘should always pay attention’. 

Before she notices the class is about to end but before everyone can leave the professor stops them all, “There will be a project that you must complete in 8 weeks time. You only have this long as the project will count for 25% of your final grade. You will be partnered with someone in their fourth year.” 

After he says this a group of people walks in and Sana notices they are all holding a piece of paper which she assumes to be that it has their names on it. Sana turns out to be wrong as she looks down and realizes in the corner of their seats are numbers and that the papers the students are holding aren’t names but the numbers of their seats. The Japanese girl breathes a sigh of relief since the only people who know her full name are her professors and the dean of the school who asked the professors to not reveal her full name but to accept Sato as her last name on papers or when it comes to projects. 

The professors agreed and understand the circumstances that Sana and Tzuyu can be put in if their last names are revealed which can be very dangerous for the young girls. Though Sana knows that they can forget sometimes since it’s not often brought up anyways. Sana looks around as the older students begin to walk towards their partner for the project. Sana wishes she paid attention more since she doesn’t remember what the project is supposed to be about. Though you have to give the Japanese girl a break from her overly stressful life that is. 

Sana bites her lip as this cute girl with long flowing black hair comes towards where Sana is sitting and prays to whoever listens that she is partnered with her. To Sana’s utmost pleasure the girl comes towards Sana and smiles at her. Sana watches as the black haired bombshell smiles at her and lifts her hand to push some of the hair that fell in front of her face behind her ear. 

“It seems we’re partnered together for the project, hope you don’t mind.” 

Sana smiles happily up at the older girl, “I’ve never minded less.” 

The older girl blushes slightly from the compliment before gesturing to the seat beside Sana to which the Japanese girl fumbles around slightly before moving her things for the girl to sit. Sana feels a nudge to her left and turns to see her friend(?) wiggle his eyebrows at her to which Sana hits him for which makes him chuckle quietly. When Sana turns back around she sees the older girl looking at her with a slight tilt of the head and an amused smile towards the two playful seatmates.

Sana blushes slightly before she coughs into her hand and smiles shyly at the girl, “Did you have any ideas in mind on what we can do?” 

The older of the two smiles before showing her, handwritten, notes which Sana just stares in awe at because it’s unfair this girl is already insanely pretty but to top it all off her handwriting is also stunning? The world must be laughing at her because no matter what Sana is, and always will be, whipped for attractive women. 

The girl smiles at her easily, “Now I’m not sure about ideas for the project but I do have ideas of where we can work on them.” 

Sana raises her eyebrows before placing her face on the palm of her hand as she turns more towards the older girl, “Well what do you have in mind?” 

The girl smirks slightly before it slips into an innocent smile, “My roomate shouldn't be home next week if that’s more up your alley.” 

“That is directly up my alley and you now have my full attention,” the girl blushes slightly at what Sana says before leaning towards the girl and smirking slightly. 

“I don’t think you could handle having my full attention,” as the girl leans back Sana leans forward and places her hand on the girl’s thigh before wrapping her hand around it and tugging the girl toward her slightly. 

Sana just smirks at the dilating pupils of the other girl’s eyes, “Well we will just have to see about that now won’t we?” 

The older girl lifts her hand and places it on Sana’s arm before running it up and down slightly before leaning forward to the point her lips just barely graze the Japanese girl’s ear, “I look forward to it.” 

As she leans back she places a kiss onto her cheek before grabbing her stuff and making her way out of the lecture hall. Sana is stunned before glancing around and notices there are only a handful of students left. Sana shakes her head slightly not noticing at all that the class ended as she was too wrapped up in the girl. She lifts her hand to touch the place on her cheek which the girl kissed and still feels the tingles that linger there. 

She shakes her head out of it and gathers her things before making her way out of the lecture hall and looks to see the Colonel waiting there for her. Sana smiles at the stoick girl who just nods her head at her before walking towards her. They stay to walk towards Sana’s car as the car the Lieutenant and the Colonel use is being used by the lieutenant to watch after Tzuyu and Chaeyoung for the day. 

Sana turns to the colonel who is looking forward before starting to speak, “I’m going to meet someone for coffee and you don’t have to come but I know you probably will anyways. I just want to head back first to change into something else and then head out but just when we get there can we not walk in together?” 

The Colonel turns towards Sana and raises her eyebrows in question, “And who is it that you are meeting?” 

Sana shrugs slightly before smiling happily, “Remember that girl who spilled coffee on me?” Sana doesn’t wait for a response before she continues, to which the Colonel rolls her eyes, “Well since it’s one of my only free days I thought we could meet up so I can buy the coffee I owe her.” 

The Colonel raises her left eyebrow before scoffing slightly and turning to face forward again, “She spilled it on you. You don’t owe her coffee.” 

They reach the car and Sana reaches for her keys to open the door but before she does that she looks at the Colonel in the eye and winks, “That’s the point.” 

The Colonel shakes her head worried for her friend who is obviously infatuated with the Japanese girl, though she has no idea why when to her knowledge the girl seems like a complete flirt. That only means heartbreak for her friend but to each their own. The Colonel just doesn’t understand why people flirt so much when they have a soulmark on them that people will obviously see. Though the Colonel has never seen a soulmark on Sana, she just assumes it’s a hidden one which isn’t uncommon at all. 

Sana drives to the condo before she pulls into the parking lot and parks the car as she grabs her things and walks towards the elevator. She glances over her shoulder and sees the Colonel a few strides behind her. They enter the elevator in silence and the whole ride up is in silence. Sana enjoys the Colonel watching her the most because sometimes she just likes to be in her own head and bask in the silence. Although, Sana very much likes having the Lieutenant watching her because she loves to because of how adorable she gets when flustered. 

They reach the condo and Sana opens the door before placing her stuff on the kitchen counter and heading to her room. Sana goes into her closet and grabs a black skater skirt, a black tank top and a maroon cardigan that falls past the middle of her thighs before grabbing a pair of maroon wedges she just adores. She makes her way into her ensuite and starts to take her clothes off after she places the new outfit on the counter. 

Sana slips on the skirt first then puts the tank top on before grabbing her concealer and covering her soulmarks that have started to become slightly visible over the course of the day. After she is happy with how well covered they are she lips the cardigan on before hugging herself slightly to enjoy in how soft the cardigan is. She puts her arms down before reaching forward and reapplying some of the makeup she had on earlier that just doesn’t look as good as it’s supposed to. Once she is pleased with the outcome she smiles at herself before applying her clear lip gloss on and placing it on the counter. She makes her way out of the room and grabs one of her Louis Vitton bags.

She walks out of her room and walks towards the kitchen counter before transferring the things she needs from her school bag into her purse. After she finished she grabs the rest of her school things and brings it to her room to clean and go through later when she comes back. She makes her way out of the room and notices that the Colonel is sitting at the kitchen island with a mug in her hand. Sana feels slightly bad since she didn’t notice her there before but she shrugs it off. The women is very quiet after all. 

“I’m ready to go now.” 

The Colonel nods before getting up and walking around the island and dumping the rest of the contents of the mug into the sink and leaving thee mug in there. Sana grabs her keys and then slips on her wedges before the Colonel puts back on her black vans and they both head out of the door. They make their way downstairs and into the car again while the Colonel just glances at her phone to read the updates she was sent by the Lieutenant while Sana types in the address of the coffee shop. After Sana is done she puts the car into drive and they leave the parking lot and onto the busy streets of Seoul. 

Sana pulls into the parking lot that’s behind the coffee shop coffee girl asked her to meet up at. Sana turns to the Colonel and raises her brows and the Colonel just rolls her eyes before getting out of the car first and heading inside to order a drink. Sana waits another minute or two before she grabs her purse and gets out of the car and locking it before heading inside the shop. She glances around slightly before she sees coffee girl and smiles at her to which the girl smiles back. Sana walks towards her and runs her eyes up and down the girl’s figure. The Japanese girl very much appreciates how attractive the girl looks with her long hair over her shoulders and the black vneck she’s wearing which shows off her cleavage really well. 

The girl gets up and smiles at Sana, “Hi, how are you?” 

Sana smiles at her but before she can pull her own chair out the girl gets up and holds it out for Sana who blushes slightly and mumbles a humble ‘thank you’ before she sits down. The girl goes to the other side and sits back into her seat before flashing Sana a gorgeous smile that makes her heart race slightly. 

“I’m good just tired from school work and such,” the other girl smiles at Sana and agrees easily. 

“School is always hard, what year are you in?” 

Sana smiles at the girl who blushes slightly under the girl’s gaze, “I’m in my third year. What year are you in?” 

“I’m in my second year actually.” 

Sana smiles at her before teasing her slightly, “Oh so you’re a younger women?”

The girl blushes before laughing and Sana just about dies from the sound. She properly looks at the table in front of her instead of at the girl herself and notices two cups and stares up with her head tilted slightly at the girl. She seems to know where Sana is looking and blushes slightly before reaching up with her right hand and scratching the back of her neck. 

“I got you a drink too but I didn’t really know what you liked so I just got you what I got which is a french vanilla latte.” 

Sana feels herself smile happily before taking a sip and then putting the cup down and holding it between both of her hands, “It’s actually my favourite drink.” 

The girl stares up at Sana and smiles and asks, with a bit of disbelief in her tone, “Really? You’re not just saying that?” 

Sana laughs before reaching up and tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, “No. I’m serious, it’s one of my favourite drinks to get.” 

They both look at each other before laughing but Sana glances at her and the menu, “Though I was going to buy you something, you kind of beat me to it.”

The other girl shakes her head, “No! I was the one who spilled the coffee on you which I am still so sorry about.” 

Sana laughs at this before reaching forward and placing her hand onto the other girls who stares up at her with awe, “It’s honestly nothing. It’s just clothes,” Sana leans back and sips ono her drink before smirking, “Plus if you didn’t spill the coffee I wouldn't have met you and now that would be a tragedy.” 

The girl smiles at her with a blush covering her cheeks which Sana finds adorable since this girl dresses and acts mostly that she’s someone very put together but around Sana melts. It melts the Japanese girl’s heart and warms her up inside. Sana thinks the girl is gorgeous and stunning and wants to get to know her more. Times seems to fly by while Sana is with the girl and before she knows it she’s getting a call from Tzuyu. They both look at the phone ringing before looking outside the window and noticing it’s dark outside. Sana smiles apologetically before reaching for the phone and answering it. 

“Hey Tzuyu, what’s up?” 

“Sana, where are you? You didn’t mention you were going to be out late.” 

Sana takes the phone away from her ear and notices it’s now past 11 before placing the phone against her ear again, “I’m sorry, I had no idea. I lost track of time.” 

“It’s okay, Chaeyoung and I were just worried since you didn’t answer our texts.” 

Sana’s eyebrows knit in confusion before pulling the phone away again and looking at her notification and notices three texts from Tzuyu and five from Chaeyoung. Sana places the phone back against her ear sheepishly. The girl across from her watches her with a smile of amusement spread across her face as she watches as Sana turns into a kicked puppy which she thinks is adorable. 

“I’m about to leave, it shouldn’t be long now.” 

“That’s fine, Chaeyoung and I are just going to be gaming if you want to join. I think she wants to play Halo.” 

Sana smiles at that knowing that when Chaeyoung was introduced to the game she became obsessed with it and ropes Sana and Tzuyu into playing it whenever she can, “Of course Tzuyu. See you soon.” 

“Okay see you soon.” 

Sana hangs up and looks at the girl across from her and gestures towards the phone, “I have to go now, I had a really good time.” 

The girl smiles at Sana and nods her head, “I did too. Don’t worry though it’s pretty late so I should be heading back now myself.” 

Sana glances at the time again and looks up at the girl, “How are you getting home? It’s late and I don’t want you walking around at this time by yourself.” 

The girl blushes at that before gesturing towards the counter, “My roomate works here I’m walking back with her.” 

Sana smiles at this before gathering her things and getting up, “Okay I’m glad. We should do this again sometime? Though I can’t promise it’ll be really soon.” 

“Honestly there’s no worries, but yeah I had fun. I’d like to do it again sometime.” 

Sana puts her purse over her right shoulder and smiles down at the girl with a teasing smile, “Maybe next time you’ll let me buy you the drink.” 

The girl laughs happily and shakes her head fondly, “We’ll see about that.” 

Sana giggles before glancing around the shop and catches eyes with the Colonel and nods towards the door before looking back at the girl, “It was nice getting to know you. Hopefully I see you around campus if we don’t get to grab coffee soon.” 

“Of course, have a goodnight.” 

Sana waves at her and bids her farewell, “Goodnight, please be safe when walking home even with your friend.” 

Sana heads towards the door and notices that the Colonel is already out of the coffee shop. She makes her way to the back and notices she’s by the car looking at her already to which Sana reaches for her keys and unlocks the doors. She opens the door and places her thing sin the back before sitting down in the driver seat. The Colonel looks at her and raises her eyebrow. 

“Did you enjoy your coffee date?” 

Sana rolls her eyes as she reverses out of the parking spot, “It was not a date.” 

The Colonel shrugs her shoulders before leaning against the seat more, “It seemed like a date.” 

Sana pulls out onto the street and drives back towards the condo, “It may have seemed like that but it wasn’t.” 

The Colonel just turns to the Japanese girl and gives her a look, “Her heart eyes that she kept sending you would show otherwise.” 

Sana just laughs at that, “She wasn’t making heart eyes. Plus I don’t even know if she is into girls.” 

The Colonel snorts at that before sarcastically saying, “Yeah sure and I’m some pretty princess.” 

Sana rolls her eyes at that, “Well you don’t have to be so sarcastic. There’s no proof.” 

The Colonel just stares at the girl like she is stupid, “If you really didn’t notice how much she stared at you or checked you out when you first walked in you must be blind. I’ll bring it up to your father that you need a vision test.” 

Sana shoots the girl a glare before turning back to the road, “I am not blind. My vision is great thank you very much.” 

The Colonel just rolls her eyes before turning to look out of the window. Sana assumes that’s the end of the conversation which she was right about as the rest of the car ride is done in silence with music playing softly through the speakers. Sana pulls into the garage and parks the car before reaching behind her and grabbing her purse and exiting the car. The Colonel is already heading towards the elevator by the time Sana locks the car doors. 

They both enter the elevator before pressing two different floors. Sana just watches as the Colonel walks out of the elevator before throwing a ‘goodnight’ over her shoulder as the door is closing. Sana just sighs having become used to the more callous way the Colonel acts towards her and can’t bring herself to care all that much as long as she does her job. 

Sana exits the elevator and heads into the condo and looks around and sees no one there so she assumes that the two girls are in the game room. She heads towards her bedroom and places her purse down on her bed before stripping of her clothes and walking into the closet. She picks out some boy shorts and a long t-shirt that goes just above her knees and then walking into the ensuite. She grabs her makeup remover wipes and begins to take her makeup off. It’s the one part of the day she loves the most, just being herself exactly for who she is. 

It’s a lot better since she told Tzuyu and Chaeyoung about her soulmarks so she doesn’t need to hide around them still. She looks into the mirror to make sure she got all her makeup off and when she’s satisfied she closes the light and goes to her purse to grab her phone before leaving her room. She walks down the hallway and goes into the theatre room and looks near the screen where she sees Chaeyoung and Tzuyu playing on the xbox. She notices they have snacks and pop with them as well and smiles when she sees a third controller, albeit off, and another bottle of coke. 

She walks down the stairs towards them and Tzuyu notices her first and pauses the game which causes Chaeyoung to look towards Tzuyu with confusion before turning and seeing Sana which makes the girl smile. Sana smiles at them both and places a kiss on both of their heads before sitting on the right side of Chaeyoung and grabbing the controller before turning it on and picking her account. Sana looks down and notices a blanket being placed on her and she turns towards Chaeyoung and smiles at the girl who just smiles back. They all turn towards the screen after Sana joins in and Tzuyu unpauses it while they all get engrossed with the game. 

None of them are sure how long they play for, though it doesn’t matter since it’s friday, but they enjoy themselves regardless. Tzuyu gets mad at Chaeyoung and Sana for starting a mini food war and makes them clean it up without helping them. Sana and Chaeyoung get revenge on Tzuyu later by spilling a bag of chips over her head. After that though they both run for their lives while Tzuyu chases after them in annoyance. If you asked any of them it was one of the best nights of their lives because they were with the people that mattered most. 


A/N: Hi I'm terrible I'm sorry. I've been so busy moving and dealing with family sutff and then my laptop broke so I have to use my mums laptop now which is just great. I'm hoping now though that I'm less busy I can actually update more since part of the next chapter is done anyways. I hope you guys enjoy it, all mistakes are my own. Also can anyone figure out who I just introduced? If you do I will be impressed since I barely described her lol but also if you can figure out who coffee girl is I'll tell you who the next person being introduced is as long as you don't comment who it is and spoil it for others!