Chapter 2

My Heart & My Soul

Honestly I know I'm terrible because I took forvever to update and this is kinda short anyways. Do you ever try and plan things out and it doesn't go at all how you planned? That has basically been my life latey so I am sorry. I have been writitng though but it's been a slow process and usually only a couple hundred words every once and awhile for chapters and stories. I do hope you enjoy the chapter anyways, any and all mistakes are my own.


A Week Later

“You know if you just told me your name I would be happy right?” 

The Lieutenant sighs for the nth time today as Sana continues to pester her about finding out her name. She glances tiredly towards the Colonel who just laughs before sipping on the coffee in her hands since the girls refused to let them go without eating. 

Sana starts to pout and stares at the Lieutenant hoping to finally find out her name but to her annoyance the girl walks away from her and towards the Colonel who offers a cup to her. Sana huffs playfully before stomping away from the angrily. It only works so much what with the Japanese girl wearing bunny slippers and an adorable onesie. 

The Colonel looks towards the Lieutenant with a questioning gaze, “You’re not going to tell her?” 

The girl sighs and sags her shoulders slightly, “I don’t think she really wants to know.” 

The Colonel places a comforting hand on the girl’s shoulder and smiles at her, “Fighting!” 

The Lieutenant just shakes her head and shoves the hand off her shoulder, “That isn’t helping.” 

The Colonel just shrugs before smirking playfully, “Well you could just tell her you’re her soulmate you know.” 

The Lieutenant scowls before getting up and walking towards the door. She looks over her shoulder as she walks towards the exist, “Just because I’m her soulmate doesn’t make her mine.” 

The Colonel sighs before getting up and walking towards the sulking girl before placing a hand on her shoulder, “You’ll never know unless you try though.” 

The Lieutenant shakes her head before shrugging off the hand on her shoulder, “I can’t do that to her. You know how my life is. I could never ask that of her.” 

The Colonel watches as she walks out of the door before closing it shut behind her. The Colonel sighs and rubs the palm of her head against her forehead in frustration. She hates what this is doing to her friend. She fails to notice Tzuyu come into the room and gets startled when she calls out to her. 

“Hey, where did the other go?” 

The Colonel turns around and stands up straighter, “She has gone downstairs to ask for the cars to be pulled up to the front.” 

Tzuyu nods her head at this as the other two girls come out of their rooms to stand beside the Taiwanese girl. The Colonel is almost stunned with how attractive the three girls look. They are going to the mall to pick out clothes and new supplies that they will need. 

Chaeyoung decided to wear khaki jeans with a navy blue button up tucked in along with a pair of black loafers to complete her look. Tzuyu opted for black skinny jeans, a white turtleneck paired with a long beige coat, along with black knee length boots. Sana was dressed in a tight mid length black skirt topped with a red blouse with a simple black bomber jacket on top along with black ankle boot heels. 

The Colonel almost laughs at loud knowing the Lieutenant will possibly choke on air at seeing the Minatozaki heiress. The girls are going around making sure they have everything that they need with Chaeyoung placing her things in Tzuyu’s bag while Sana throws on her smaller purse across her shoulder. 

The Colonel looks at the girls before deciding to speak, “Are you ready to leave yet?” 

The girls all look at each other before Tzuyu nods her head while they all leave the penthouse to the lobby. The elevator ride is mostly quiet except for a few instances about what the plans were but was decided it would be best if the Lieutenant was also here to hear it. 

They all exit the elevator and notice the Lieutenant standing in front of three cars two of which the two, almost three, heiresses recognize. The Colonel walks towards the Lieutenant before talking lowly to ensure the other girls can’t hear what is being said. 

Chaeyoung nudges Sana who glances at her before the younger girl nods her head towards the car, “Who’s do you think that is?” 

Before Sana can answer Tzuyu buts in, “Pretty sure Sana’s father got it for them to both use as it would be weird for us to drive them around.” 

Sana and Chaeyoung nod their heads at the explanation seeming as it would make the most sense in the situation. The three girls walk towards the two as they seem to stop talking at their approach. The Lieutenant turns to actually looks on the girls and starting choking on nothing which causes Sana to react and go forward. 

Sana rubs her hand up and down the girl’s back who can’t seem to stop coughing while the Colonel just laughs quietly knowing why the girl is choking. Sana glances around at the workers before glancing to Tzuyu who seems to understand what she wants as she gestures for one to come near them. 

Sana turns to the bellboy as she slows her movements of rubbing the Lieutenant’s back, “Can you bring a glass of water please?” 

The bellboy nods his head and rushes off while Sana tucks a piece of hair behind the girls head who tries to in a large sum of air. That. however, only seems to make it worse and before Sana can yell at anyone the bellboy comes rushing back and hands her a glass of water. Sana nudges the Lieutenant who takes the water and chugs it hurriedly. 

Sana stands concerned and places a hand on the girl’s bicep, “Are you alright? You startled me.” 

The Lieutenant coughs and hands back the glass to the bellboy who leaves quickly and shakes her head, “I’m fine. Something just went down the wrong pipe.” 

Sana moves so she is standing directly in front of the Lieutenant and scolds her, “You have to be more careful. You could have done damage at the rate you were coughing. You have to take better care of yourself.” 

The Lieutenant shrugs, “It’s fine. Just an accident.” 

Sana scoffs at this, “Fine the. Did you finish breakfast?” 

The Lieutenant wants to lie and say yes but with the way Sana is looking at her decides to opt for the truth, “No I didn't have a chance to.” 

Sana crosses her arms across her chest before glaring and turning towards the Colonel, “We’re stopping by a doughnut place so someone can actually eat a proper enough breakfast.” 

With that Sana flips her long hair over hear shoulder and walks steadily towards another bellboy and grabbing her keys before going to her BMW and going inside. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu look to each other and raise their eyebrows at the scene that just occured and looks towards the Colonel who looks almost amused. They then look towards the Lieutenant who looks like a five year old who got scolded by the teacher for making a mess. 

Tzuyu just shakes her head and walks towards the same bellboy and grabs her keys before looking back at Chaeyoung who just laughs and follows the taller girl. Tzuyu holds open the door for Chaeyoung who smiles happily which causes Tzuyu to blush a little and close the door. She looks towards where the Lieutenant and the Colonel are and glances between them and notices a very prominent flush on the Lieutenants cheeks but just chalks it up to the incident that happened earlier. 

“We’re ready to leave now.” 

The Colonel looks towards Tzuyu and nods her head before entering the car behind the charger. The car the Colonel and the Lieutenant enter is a black Volvo which was gifted to them by both of the heiresses’ parents as a form of travel. Sana is the first to drive away after all the others entered their respective cars. 

Sana pulls over into a Dunkin’ Doughnuts parking lot and exits the car and stands waiting for the others to arrive. The girl doesn’t have to wait too long as not more than a minute later two cars pull in beside Sana. The Japanese girl taps her foot as the others exit their respective cars.

Sana crosses her arms over her chest and pops a hip out as the Lieutenant just stares at her. Sana almost growls before moving forward and grabbing her arm and dragging her inside of the place. The Lieutenant can admit she is utterly terrified with the way Sana is scowling and tapping her foot impatiently.

The Lieutenant can feel her soulmark itch and is confused as to why. If Sana wasn’t so angry she would notice that hers is also beginning to itch. Sana turns to the Lieutenant and glares at her before holding onto her arm. Sana realizes that the men in the store are staring at her in a way she doesn’t like. 

The Lieutenant can sense the change in her attitude and looks around to see many men (and some women) staring hungrily at Sana. The women frowns at this before placing her hand over the hand Sana had hooked around her bicep. She bites her lip feeling a warm sensation dance across her skin and looks to see if Sana has noticed. 

The Japanese girl is too engrossed in scanning the menu for something for the Lieutenant she doesn’t notice how she suddenly feels a warmth wash over her in a wave. Sana isn’t the smartest cookie in the cookie jar, she is going to be looking for her soulmates for forever in this case. 
Sana tugs the girl along to the front now that everyone has finished with their orders. Sana turns to the girl and is struck with how attractive she is. The way the sun is hitting the womens face makes Sana’s heart thrum. She bites her lip before she shakes her head and looks towards the cashier. 

Sana rattles off an order that the Lieutenant doesn’t pay much attention to as she can’t stop thinking about the softness of the girl’s hand. Sana tugs the Lieutenant along again to wait for their order. Sana stares down and the Lieutenant, she is taller than her now with the heels she is wearing, who looks puzzled. 

Before Sana can ask the girl what happens she feels a hand slap her . She whirls around ready to chew out whoever did it but the Lieutenant has already grabbed the guys hand and places it behind his back and shoves his face onto the counter top. Sana feels her breath hitch at the (attractive) display. 

The man grunts and tries to get out from the grip but the Lieutenant just tightens hers and pushes his face further into the counter. Sana glances around and notices that everyone has stopped what they are doing and are staying. Sana places her hand gently onto the Lieutenants bicep and runs her thumb back and forth gently. 

“It’s okay. It happens a lot. I’m used to it, I just want to grab our order and go.” When Sana doesn’t get any response she moves closer to the Lieutenants ear to ensure she hears her, “Please. I just want to go, please.” 

That pleading tone Sana uses seems to snap the girl out of her trance who grunts and lets go of the man’s arm but not before shoving him away from them both. Sana turns to one of the workers and gestures with her hands to which they rish and finish the order before handing it to the Japanese heiress. She nods her head and starts to walk away before turning back and holding out her hand to which the Lieutenant just sighs and grabs it. 

Sana smiles when she feels the girl take her hand. Sana pulls them outside failing to notice the three girls now staring at them curiously. Sana drops her hand and turns to face the Lieutenant before biting her lip and looking down shyly. The Lieutenant watches confused as to what is happening. Sana lifts her hand and tucks a stray piece of hair behind her ear before looking up to meet the girl’s gaze. 

Before the Lieutenant can do anything Sana surged forward placing a hand on her shoulder and landing a soft peck onto her cheek. She pulls away and hands the girl a coffee and a bagel before walking away. Sana almost curses herself for forgetting what she wanted to say. 

She turns around to see the stunned girl with a slight flush to her face and shyly calls her attention, “Lieutenant?” 

Said girl looks to Sana’s soft gaze and nods, “Thank you for what you did in there. I appreciate it alot,” And with that Sana turns away and goes into the car without another word.

The Lieutenant turns and looks at the other girls who stare back at the girl confused and in awe before Tzuyu is the first to react knowing how Sana can get when she has to wait. She ushers Chaeyoung back into the car and looks towards the Colonel before nodding to the stunned girl and then to Sana’s car. The couple enter Tzuyu’s car before looking at each other. 

“What was that?” 

Tzuyu shrugs before running a hand through her hair, “I’m honestly not sure. I’ve never seen Sana like that before.”

Chaeyoung seems to accept this but something is bugging her and she reaches out to Tzuyu who obliges and holds her hand, “What about the names?” 

Tzuyu tilts her head slightly, “What do you mean?” 

Chaeyoung gestures before singing,“You know. That there are four of them.” 

Tzuyu nods her head solemnly understanding what Chaeyoung means, “We can’t interfere too much this is Sana’s life after all. She never said she wanted to find them all.” 

Chaeyoung runs a hand through her hair before leaning her head back to rest against the seat, “Do we tell her we recognize one of the names? Or more specifically that we actually know who one of her soulmates are?” 

Tzuyu bites her lip unsure for a moment before nodding her head, “Well I did say we can’t interfere too much. I don’t see the harm and having them meet by accident, you know?”

Chaeyoung turns to her and smiles happily before placing both hands on her face and kissing her soundly, “This is exactly why I love you.” 

Tzuyu scoffs before a smile breaks out on her face as she glances to the side, “I thought it was my attractive face?” 

Chaeyoung smiles and pokes her cheek, “That too.”

Tzuyu shakes her head fondly as she glances out the window and notices as the two girls step into their respective car. Tzuyu reaches for the key and starts the car before pulling out and following Sana who turns onto the street. Tzuyu hopes that Sana allows herself to be happy for once as she worries about her. 

The ride to the mall doesn’t take long as they don’t make any more stops along the way. The Lieutenant is confused about the whole ordeal with Sana along with said girl who is just as, if not more, confused than the Lieutenant.

Sana has no idea where any of that came from. The attitude, the way she acted, the impulses, the kiss on the cheek or the anything. If Sana had to admit to herself that what the Lieutenant did to that man was attractive and made her feel warm inside she probably wouldn’t. She doesn’t have the luxury to think about herself at the moment with everything going on in her life.

Sana has a company to worry about and on top of that she also has school to worry about which she is definitely worried about. She is going to be alone the first day of school. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung will have each other and while they may not have all the same classes they’re the same age. 

Sana doesn’t want to intrude on their lives more than she already does. She always feels like a colossal third wheel but they always try to assure that she isn’t. It’s just something she can’t help but worry about. They did always try to set her up with people but she was never into it. She never really found someone she really wanted. 

She understands that it could be her soulmarks restricting her from having feelings for people but has never cared enough to really test that theory out. Her belief is that she will find someone in due time. She doesn’t mind waiting because whoever she ends up with will be worth the wait. 

She shakes her head out of her thoughts as she parks the car and turns the engine off. She glances out the window and notices that the others have parked and are making their way out of their cars. She reaches for her purse and opens the door before stepping out and closing it gently. 

Sana walks towards Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who are talking to the bodyguards. She stands beside Tzuyu and leans against her side gently to which Tzuyu turns to her and smiles before looking back towards the bodyguards. 

“So what is the plan?” 

They all stop and turn towards Sana who glances between them all and waist for a response. They glance at each other before the Colonel is the one to answer her question. She crosses her arms across her chest and rolls her shoulders back. 

“Well we decided that one of use with go with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu since they have similar things to get. The other will accompany you on your shopping adventure since you all have different styles and such.” 

Sana holds onto Tzuyu’s arm and nods her head at that since that seems like a fair and pretty good plan for the day ahead. Tzuyu looks towards Sana who almost looks sad at what she is looking at. Tzuyu glances to see what the Japanese girl is looking at and notices she is staring at her and Chaeyoung’s entwined hands. Tzuyu smiles sadly hoping that at least one of the girl’s soulmarks will bring her the happiness she deserves. 

Tzuyu leans down and places a soft kiss onto the crown of Sana’s head whose eyelashes flutter for a moment before looking up at Tzuyu, “What was that for?”

Tzuyu smiles at the confused puppy dog look on the girl’s face, “I just wanted to.” 

Sana smiles gently at this rare display of affection that Tzuyu shows her and feels herself warm at the exchange. Tzuyu looks to her side to see Chaeyoung talking to the two bodyguards who are debating back and forth. 

Tzuyu looks to the Colonel before speaking, “So which of you is going with who?” 

The two look at each other before the Colonel responds, “I will be accompanying you and Chaeyoung while the Lieutenant will be with Sana.” 

Tzuyu nods her head at this before glancing to Sana who bites her lip, which Tzuyu can’t tell if it’s because of nerves or for another reason, as she stares between the two bodyguards. Sana looks to the Lieutenant who refuses to meet her gaze but still stands with her posture being almost perfect if not a little stiff.

The Lieutenant looks towards Sana before nodding her head slightly and if Sana wasn’t paying absolute attention to the women she would have missed it. The Lieutenant walks towards Sana if not hesitantly and partly bashful to which Sana sends the girl a gentle smile. 

“Let’s head inside now Sana-nim,” Sana shakes her head at this before whining towards the Lieutenant with a pout on her lips.

“What have I said about calling me Sana-nim? It makes me sound old or something. The least you can call me is just Sana,” the Lieutenant nods her head bashfully having been reprimanded for it a couple times. 

Sana smiles before skipping towards her properly and wrapping an arm around her bicep and more or less dragging the girl away. Tzuyu watches in amusement and confusion at the interaction still not knowing what is going through the heiress’ head on what she is doing to the poor bodyguard. 


Well you still don't know who the Lieutenant and that's for a reason. You're actually not going to know who any of the soulmates are until at least chapter 10 or 11. I want there to be no bias when you guys decide who you think best suits Sana and her life at the moment. I will leave hints of course and if you get that right then I'll be glad I'm doing it right. I hope you're not mad about finding out you guys won't know the names of the people but that's because Sana won't know either. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are going to figure it out but Sana is ever oblivious which I wanted to be very obvious.