Chapter 5

My Heart & My Soul

Same Week


     This week has been tiring for Sana and she knows that it’s probably the school work, which has already begun to pile up, and her actual work in the company trying to plan for everything and make the transition as smooth as possible for the workers as well. School has been mostly okay beside the annoyance of waking up for it but she knows that she needs to go to school. 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu have been able to assimilate pretty well considering several of Chaeyoung’s childhood friends attend the university. Although, they do question how she can get such expensive things since they remembered that the girl’s parents don’t make that much money. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung usually steer the conversation away from that type of stuff since all the girls wanted at least one normal(ish) year in the university.

They made a plan with Sana’s and Tzuyu’s father that they would properly announce that they would take ‘full control’ of the Korea branch at the end of their first year. For now Taehyung will be the face while the rest help them out but that the workers and investment holders will know about all of the girls and their roles in the establishment. 

All the investors and the workers have signed non-disclosure agreements to not reveal the girls identities unless they want immediate termination from any and all of the companies that the Chou’s and Minatozaki’s own. Both of the fathers are very protective, borderline overprotective, when it comes to their girls which very much includes Chaeyoung. 

Sana smiles fondly when she thinks of Chaeyoung and how happy she seems considering her art is set up in the corner of their penthouse where she can look over Korea to help fuel her motivation. Tzuyu and Sana have sat together at the island in the kitchen in silence just watching Chaeyoung paint, sketch, and draw for hours at a time. They love their girl and they love when she is happy doing what she is passionate about.  

Sana shakes her head trying to rid her thoughts of the two people she loves most in the world, besides the rest of her family since those two are her family, because she needs to finish emailing back more of the investors. They all email her about how the company should be run, which she rolls her eyes at so often because they just want to change the way things are run to fuel their own pockets more, and what direction the company should be heading towards for the future. 

She understands the importance of her roles but she is going to talk to Ari about setting up a different email for her to only get important emails and have general responses that get sent from certain investors. Sana doesn’t want to put problems on to Ari but according to her she only needs certain times off during the week but she doesn’t want to add to her workload. Part of Sana just wants to take care of Ari and protect her from the annoying interns or boys that come in to flirt with her while brining documents up that Sana or the others need. 

Sana just tries to let it all go before attempting to go back to her emails and other work that she needs to go through before the weekend is over. She tries to do her work and manages to get through an email or two before she gives up and leans against her chair and sighs as she runs a hand through her hair. Sometimes Sana feels like she can’t do this but she knows she has to and that she is happy doing it. Before she can dwell in her sorrow more she gets a text and smiles content. 

Chewy Baby:
Come to my office I have food for you and maybe cuddles……..
Don’t tell Chaeyoung-ah I said that.

Sana laughs as she reads the last text knowing if Chaeyoung finds out that her and Tzuyu are going to cuddle she will just come join. She texts back saying a simple ‘okay’ before closing all her documents and walking out of her office. She smiles when she notices Ari typing away on the computer and when Sana gets closer she realizes that it’s probably an essay for her literature class. She isn’t mad since if Ari finished all her work early it’s fine with her if she works on her school work since an education is important. Sana can understand the sentiment of working full time and trying to get a university degree at the same time. 

Sana walks so she is beside Ari and tilts her head down, “What are you up to?” 

Ari jumps out of her seat and clutches her chest before blushing under Sana’s intense gaze, “I finished all my work…. I just thought I would finish one of my essays that are due in 3 weeks so I can help out more or something….” 

Ari trails off and Sana almost leans forward and pinches her cheeks because of how adorable the girl is but instead she just places her hand on the girl’s desk and leans towards her with a smile, “There’s no worries. I didn’t want to give you too much work since you’re in school and such.” 

Ari shakes her head at Sana before looking up at her but pauses at her chest for a moment, “It’s alright! I swear my workload this year is very relaxed and easy. It’s okay to give me more work.” 

Sana smiles and leans a little more into Ari’s space seemingly subconsciously, “If that’s the case I do have something that you could do for me.” 

The secretary blushes before leaning towards Sana and stares the Japanese girl directly in the eyes without backing down, “Like what?” 

Sana smiles and winks before remembering she still has to see Tzuyu so she takes her hand off of the girl’s desk and stands up straight again, “I just wanted you to make a personal email for me that you have and I will give you my work one.” 

Ari seems to snap out of her Sana induced trance and nods her head diligently, “What did you want me to do with it?”

“I was wondering if you could set up an automatic response for certain emails that I get from the investors and such who think they know how to run the company better than me. After that I just want you to send me the actual important emails so that I can read through them and such,” Sana watches as Ari nods her head. 

“Sure I can do that. I don’t really know how to set up the automatic response though.” 

Sana smiles at the cute head tilt that Ari does when she says that which just makes Sana’s heart flutter but also washes a wave of calm over her, “Don’t worry. Just call up one of the I.T boys since it is their job.” 

Ari feels herself swoon at Sana’s gorgeous smile and how her eyes are basically lit up but is too distracted to head Sana talking to her, “-oing to be with Tzuyu so make sure I don’t receive anything or get anyone trying to come see me.” 

Sana watches with an amused smile as Ari nods her head fast before laughing a little and turning and walking away. If you asked Sana she totally did not sway her hips more than usual but if you asked anyone else she did. She makes her way to Tzuyu’s office but before she can even greet the girl’s secretary said girl comes out of the room and looks around before smiling happily at Sana when she notices her. 

Sana feels a sense of warmth wash over her and smiles back at the taller girl before walking towards Tzuyu as she goes towards her secretary, “Make sure no one interrupts us unless it’s an emergency. We’re going to take our lunch.” 

Sana smile brightens at the new information that Tzuyu wants alone time with her and loops her arm through hers as Tzuyu leads them into her office. The Japanese girl follows Tzuyu as she leads her to the Taiwanese girl’s couch that has food laid out in front of it. Tzuyu tugs Sana when they reach the couch so that Sana is cuddling against the girl’s side and the taller girl pulls her even closer. 

Warmth spreads through Sana like a fire and by the slow rising blush in Tzuyu’s cheeks she knows the girl feels the same. She settles into her side as if she was supposed to be there. Sana knows that at one point their fathers hoped they would have ended up together as they grew up. 

Life had another idea and put Chaeyoung into their life and Sana would never give up the shorter girl for anything in the world even if it would be for Tzuyu. Sana has such a big place in her heart for Tzuyu and Chaeyoung it is probably the biggest reason that she has never been able to keep a proper relationship down. Sana’s world revolves around the two girls and doing everything in her power to keep them happy and healthy. 

The Japanese girl couldn’t help but pick them over anyone that she tried to date because they were it for her. She doesn’t want her life to change which is probably the biggest reason she doesn’t want to know people’s full names since it means that she might find her ‘soulmate’ but if you asked her she already has two and that’s all she ever needs from the world. 

Tzuyu notices the older girl is lost in her thoughts and kisses her forehead and when she looks up at Tzuyu she feels her heart soften even more than usual, “What are you thinking about?” 

Sana just sighs a little and shrugs, “Just life I guess.” 

Tzuyu hums as she reaches up and begins to run her hands through the older girl’s hair, “What about life?” 

Tzuyu can feel Sana tense in her arms and frowns but the older girl relaxes in that same moment and tries to get closer to Tzuyu before mumbling, “Just soulmarks, relationships and stuff…” 

“That stuff doesn’t matter you know? I know it can be hard for you. I can’t imagine having more than one on my body.” 

Sana just sighs slightly and feels the loneliness come back before shifting in Tzuyu’s embrace os she can look at her more, “I just feel lonely. Before you interrupt just listen,” Tzuyu pauses at this knowing she was about to interject and nods her head. 

“I just can’t help but feel lonely. You have Chaeyoung and I know you guys try to include me the best that you can but you two are the one in the relationship that I’m not part of. I just want someone for myself. Someone or something that is exactly just mine and no one else’s that I don’t feel bad about not sharing.” 

Tzuyu nods her head relenting to Sana’s point and understanding where she is coming from and lifts her hand and places it on her cheek, “What do you want me to do? You know I’ll do anything you ask Sana-chan.” 

Sana smiles and kisses the palm of Tzuyu’s hand before looking up at her with puppy dog eyes and Tzuyu knows whatever she asks her next Tzuyu will do everything in her power to do it, “I wanted to get a dog Tzuyu-ah. I want someone to sleep with me at night and be so happy that I’m back home.” 

Tzuyu smiles and leans forward to kiss her forehead before getting up and walking out of the room with Sana following on her heels confused about what is happening. Tzuyu walks towards her secretary and Sana reminds herself to ask what their name is and what their pronouns are so she doesn’t offend them or hurt them accidentally. 

“Can you research the best dog shelter and what time they’re closed? If they’re open make an appointment for tomorrow so we can come in and see the dogs and what the process is to adopt them,” Sana stares at Tzuyu with tears b in her eyes as the taller girl has the most determined look on her face. 

“They have a time available at 1 pm tomorrow. Was it just going to be you and Minatozaki-nim or all three of you girls?” 

Tzuyu glances to Sana and sees the wetness in her eyes and smiles before turning back to her secretary, “Just us two is enough.” 

Tzuyu leans forward and whispers to the secretary, “Ask if they have any Shibu. That’s the one I want to get her.” 

The secretary glances to Sana who is blinking away her tears and turns back to Tzuyu before nodding their head and going back to the computer and making a note to call about the Shibu when Sana isn’t around to hear. Tzuyu goes towards Sana and grabs her hand before leading her into Chaeyoung’s office before smiling at the secretary who nods her head and presses a button. 

The two girls walk into Chaeyoung’s office who is already up and walking towards them and walks straight to Sana dn engulfs the girl in a hug. Sana hugs the girl back tightly knowing why both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung want to spend time with her. She’s been back in the office so late lately that when she gets home she goes to sleep and wakes up and leaves early. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung haven’t been able to see Sana for 4 days so far and they miss her dearly. 

Sana wants to see her girls but the work she has to do for the company is so much because she is taking all the pressure onto herself so no one else has to. She knows that isn’t good for her but she wants to take the burden of everyone else onto herself it’s kinda just what she does. 

Sana can’t help but do this because it’s one of the biggest traits she got from her father, along with the inability to say no to a cute girl or someone in distress. Sana loves her family and is worried about getting a soulmate and introducing someone new into their lives. It would have been easier if she just had just gotten Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s names instead. There isn’t much that can be done about it now though so there is no point dwelling on it. Life has a funny way of working itself out anyways. 

Chaeyoung curls deeper into the girl’s embrace to which Sana holds on tighter, “I missed you unnie. Don’t do that again.” 

Sana kisses the younger girl’s forehead, “I won’t Chaeyoung-ah.” 

Tzuyu comes up to them and places her arms around them both and kisses both of their heads, “Don't make a promise that you can’t keep, Sana-chan.”

Sana huffs and pulls away from them and rolls her eyes playfully, “Fine. I promise my best to not do that again.” 

Tzuyu laughs and shakes her head fondly, “That’s better.”

Sana goes towards the taller girl and shoves her lightly on the shoulder, “Haha you’re so funny Tzuyu. A pure comedian.”

Before any of the girls can say anything else Chaeyoung’s secretary walks in, “I’m sorry to interrupt but Taehyung is asking for an emergency meeting with all of you in the conference room.” 

The girls all look at each other before Chaeyoung walks towards her desk and grabs her things that she assumes she needs. The other girls walk out into their own offices with Sana gesturing for Ari to follow her to which the younger girl does. They all make their way into the conference room where Taehyung and his secretary as well as the head of the IT department in the room. Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung are seated around the table beside their respective secretaries. Sana walks towards her spot at the head of the table with Ari following closely behind her. 

Sana sits at the table and leans in her chair while Ari grabs Sana a glass of water and places it in front of her to which the Japanese girl sends the girl a smile while she takes her seat beside her. Sana looks around and can see the IT head looks nervous while Taehyung looks concerned and simmering with anger if you look in his eyes. Sana glances to Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who both look confused as to what is happening at the moment. Sana steels her expression and her feelings knowing she needs to be similar to her father who she sees when he has serious meetings. It’s as if his heart is steel and form the rumours hse has heard she knows her father can be ruthless and Sana knows she needs to be similar to accomplish her goals in the company. 

Sana takes a sip of her water before placing it down and gesturing in front of her, “You can begin. We are all here, unless someone else needs to be here?”

The IT head wrings his hands together before glancing around the room with nervousness and looks towards Sana but is unable to meet the girl’s eye, “It’s sensitive information. I’m not sure if the secretaries should be here.” 

Tzuyu looks like she is about to interrupt but Sana lifts her hand which silences the girl before looking at the IT head, “Our secretaries aren’t some low-life that will spill our secrets. They signed a non-disclosure so even if they did say anything it can easily be discredited and dealt with swiftly but otherwise my-our secretaries stay here.” 

Sana doesn’t glance to her side knowing Ari is staring at her but from the looks Tzuyu and Chaeyoung give her she knows they caught her slip up but she ignores it and tries to move on, “Now that we got that out of the way, what is the emergency meeting about?” 

Taehyung moves around and sits at the other end of the table before sighing then looking at Sana, “The head of the IT department has brought to my attention that there are some wrong numbers in our profit. Reportedly our profit margin means we should be receiving much more money than the company has seen which means either the numbers are wrong or-” 

Sana interrupts knowing where Taehyung is going, “Or someone is embezzling money out of the company into an offshore account or their own pocket without anyone having noticed before.” 

Tzuyu looks to Sana who nods her head before the Taiwanese girl looks to Taehyung, “How long has this been going unnoticed?” 

The head of IT looks between all of the owners before pulling up his laptop and showing it to them, “As you can see here this has been going on for several months with the blue line being the supposed profit margin that the company is accounting for and the red is the profit margin that we have actually made.” 

All of the bosses in the room glance to the graph and notice a significant difference between the blue and red line. Sana shakes her head at this knowing that this is something that needs to be dealt with as soon as can be but also understands this is something her father should deal with. The Japanese girl debates between herself on whether to deal with the problem herself or go to her father about it. 
 
Sana looks at all of the people in the room and makes her decision then, “Send me all the information that you have gathered and any more that you can find on this topic but do not mention this to anyone else outside of this room.” 

Everyone looks like they want to speak their mind but Sana lifts her hand at this, “You’re all dismissed.” 

Taehyung takes his leave with his secretary with the head of IT following behind them both. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung stare at Sana but she waves her hand in dismissal with Chaeyoung getting up and heading towards the door before turning back to see Tzuyu standing there staring at Sana who stares back at her. The secretaries have all gotten out of their seats except for Ari who is still seated at Sana’s side.

Sana stares up at Tzuyu before glancing to Chaeyoung, “There’s nothing else to discuss. Go with Chaeyoung. I need to be left alone.” 

Tzuyu looks like she is about to say something but Sana just shakes her head, “Tzuyu please just go.” 

Tzuyu sighs before gathering her things and going towards the door before turning around to look at Ari who is watching her and mouths ‘take care of her’ to which Ari nods her head as she leaves the room. Sana sighs and runs a hand through her hair in frustration knowing that any and all of her school work will have to be put on pause to deal with what is going on within the company. Ari gets up and refills Sana’s glass which causes Sana to look up and stare at the girl who stares back. 

“Thank you.” 

Ari tilts her head in confusion while she places down the water jug down, “Thank you for what?” 

Sana just smiles slightly at the adorable girl, “For staying I guess.” 

Ari just smiles at Sana before sitting beside her, “You don’t need to thank me for that. Now let’s get to work on figuring this out.” 

Sana smiles at her before shifting over and pulling out her laptop and opening it to the email that she has already gotten from the IT department involving the whole situation and everything they have on it. Sana glances towards Ari who seems to be reading over all the information. The Japanese girl can’t help but smile at Ari who doesn’t seem to notice the stare before shifting so she can stare at the laptop. If both girl were paying attention they would have noticed their arms were pressed together and a warm relaxing feeling spreading through their body that feels a lot like coming home.


A/N: So because I didn't update in awhile I decided to write this one shorter but update twice this week to hopefully make up for it but I will have a poll that I wan't people to take involving two plot points that I have but am unsure about if you guys do want. I have switched some of the chapters around so they flow better so you guys officially meet all the girls in chapter 9 which is only 4 chapters away. Which also means I might actually tell you all who the girls are but maybe not haha. Also if you can guess what plot hint I'm talking about with Chaeyoung I'll give you a hint on who sana meets next chapter :)