Introduction

My Heart & My Soul

This is mostly just to introduce the story and the world that's been created. This isn't as long as I usually write chapters but that is because it was just to establish the begining. The chapters will be longer as the story goes on. Any and all mistakes are my own but I hope you enjoy the story regardless. 


Sana has been hiding a secret from everyone for almost 4 years now and she hopes she can hide it for the rest of her life. She isn’t sure what makes her different from everyone around her since to her she isn’t anything special but to science she is. The reason being is that she has not one but four soulmarks etched onto her skin.

She’s had them since she was 18, she’s 20 now, but the worst part about is that she doesn’t know anyone with the names etched onto her skin. Her best friend, Tzuyu, and her girlfriend have been together for years and came the surprise of no one that they have each other’s names on their skin. 

Sana hasn’t told either of them that she has multiple soulmarks but instead told them she has none since the likelihood of her having no soulmark is greater than her having multiple. She would rather try and live the rest of her life in Taiwan without ever meeting her soulmate(s).

She wanted to tell them but she feels as if they would judge her so harshly for it even though it’s absurd. She managed to be a part of the 1% of people in the entire world that have multiple soulmarks. Sana never wants to try and figure out which of the people on her body is her platonic soulmate and her actual soulmate. 

Of course Sana has heard of the people who said ‘screw this’ and picked their own destiny involving soulmarks. Sana isn’t sure she will ever love someone enough to be with them forever, her body says otherwise. Sana wants to pick he rown destiny instead of being forced into a siutation she might not want. 

She shakes her head out of these thoughts as she walks down the street to the cafe that Tzuyu and Chaeyoung asked to meet at. She knows that they need to tell her something but can’t place what that could be. The thought process trails away as she makes her way inside and spots the young couple and smiles at how happy they are together. 

“Tzuyu-ah stop faces with your girlfriend and give me a hug,” Sana calls to them as she approaches their table that has both girls blushing madly. 

Tzuyu rolls her eyes and gets up to hug Sana who laughs at how utterly unenthusiastic it is while Chaeyoung just rolls her eyes fondly at the two. Tzuyu pulls away and gestures to the seat across from Chaeyoung which Sana nods her head and sits down as Tzuyu takes her spot beside Chaeyoung. 

Sana shrugs off her coat as she looks at the two, “So, what’s up?” 

Tzuyu looks extremely nervous and Sana knows that it’s not a good thing ,having known each other since they were children does that, before she looks at Chaeyoung who rolls her eyes. Even after all these years she hates that the two bumbling fools put her in the middle to deal with their issues. 

“I’m not sure if you’ve seen your parents today yet but they were talking to Tzuyu’s and apparently they want you two to move to Korea,” Sana stares open mouthed at Chaeyoung and then turns to Tzuyu who nods her head. 

Sana looks at them both before running a hand through her hair, “But I’m not finished my major yet. Why do they expect us to move?” 

Tzuyu bites her lip not wanting to be the one to burden Sana with the information, “It’s because they want you to finish your degree in Korea so you can take over the company.” 

Sana chokes on nothing. Take over the company? Sana isn’t even finished her business major. How is she supposed to do this alone. Before Sana can dwell any further Tzuyu places a hand on hers knowing how badly she must be freaking out. 

“Sana-chan that’s why they want both of us to go. My father will be the one to help you adjust to the whole thing. He will be the ‘Face’ of the company while he teaches you how everything works until you graduate next year.” 

Sana sags into her chair not fully being able to process the information. She is supposed to begin running the company at age 20 while also in school? She could scoff at the ridiculous notion if it wasn’t her reality but it is. 

Sana sighs and places her face in her hands before lifting her head and looking at Tzuyu, “You’re going to be there right?” 

Tzuyu smiles gently, “Of course I will. After you take over they want me to become the COO of the company with Chaeyoung becoming the CFO.” 

Sana shakes her head vehemently, “No you’re both too young for that. I won’t let that happen.” 

Chaeyoung is the one to speak next, “It’s out decision Sana-chan. When we overheard them speaking about it we thought it through and we’re okay with this.” 

Sana glances unsurely between the two, “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” 

They both nod their head and Sana smiles for the first time since getting the news and reaches across and grabs one of their hands each, “I don’t think I have ever been more grateful for you two in my life.” 

They both laugh at Sana being dramatic since it’s nothing new or surprising to them at this point. The three girls end up staying in the cafe for several hours and managing to make their way through several cups of tea. That is before Tzuyu gets a phone call and excuses herself while Chaeyoung and Sana continue to talk. 

Tzuyu comes back and Chaeyoung is the one to look over to her, “So who was it?” 

Tzuyu nods at Sana, “Our parents. They want us back now. Said they wanted to talk to us about something. It’s probably what I told you about earlier since we weren’t supposed to know yet.” 

Sana rolls her eyes but nods as both her and the girls begin to gather their things before following Tzuyu out and to her car. Chaeyoung has always loved Tzuyu’s charger while Sana is so accustomed to flashy cars she never even bats an eye when they get a new one. 

Tzuyu begins to drive to the Minatozaki empire since that is where they wanted to have this conversation. After figuring out where they are headed Sana just assumes it has to do with contracts that her father is going to make everyone sign. She understands the paranoia her dad feels when it comes to stuff like this and respects the contracts he draws up. 

Tzuyu hands the car to the valet and opens the door for both Sana and Chaeyoung who both smile gratefully. The three girl make their way to the elevator as Tzuyu feels her phone vibrate which she figures is from the real estate agent she contacted the second she found out about going to Korea. She takes her phone out and notices glances over the message before nodding her head happy with the outcome. 

They step out of the elevator and Chaeyoung drops Tzuyu’s hands out of respect with her assuming this is a business meeting and needing to be professional. Tzuyu kisses her forehead before they all head towards the CEO office where they are assuming the two men are. Their assumption is proven correct when they enter and the two men both have a glass in their hands. 

Sana walks towards her dad and kisses his cheek, “Father. What’s so important we needed to meet here?” 

The man smiles before motioning to the couch where the three girls go to sit. Tzuyu smiles at her dad who smiles back not mad at the affection that he isn’t given as he is used to Tzuyu’s nature. The two men walk over with papers and three glasses and what Tzuyu can assume is bourbon. 

Tzuyu’s father places the glasses in front of each girl before filling the cups a bit each with Sana being the first to take her the other girls following suit. The two men laugh when Chaeyoung coughs a bit at the taste while Tzuyu smiles fondly at Chaeyoung. Sana chuckles at Chaeyoung since the girl still isn’t accustomed to how their family dynamic works but is trying. 

Sana’s father clears his throat before straightening his tie, “We called you girls here today since we need to tell you girls something or well more ask something of each of you.” 

Tzuyu’s father glances at the man before the three girls sitting in front of him and smiles at each of them, “We need you three girls to move to Korea and finish your education there. The reason being is that we are trying to prepare you and help you run the new branch in Korea.” 

When none of the three girls react of say anything the two men glance nervously at each other while Sana just swirls the liquor in her cup, “What she is trying to say is that we want you all working together and helping each other while in a new country. We decided that you three will go by yourselves with Sana taking over the company right away and with you two under her wing.” 

Tzuyu looks at them both confused, “I thought father was going to come with us first?” 

Tzuyu’s dad chuckles at this, “I knew it was you who overheard us but yes that was the plan originally. However, we have decided that Sana’s cousin who is already the CTO will be helping you girls understand the company and everything else.” 

Sana finishes her drink before talking, “That’s doable. Are the girls going to be helping me earlier than planned as well?” 

Sana’s father nods his head before placing the papers he was carrying on the table in front of each girl. Sana glances at her father, “I’m to assume these are the contacts each of us will sign with the rules you’d like us to follow?” 

Her father nods his head and places pens in front of each girl who grab them and begin to look over their contract with no surprise as Sana being the first to sign it and hand it back to her father. Tzuyu is the next to finish and hands it over followed by Chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung can tell by the look in Sana’s eyes she is in full business mode and each time it surprises her how the bubbly and clumsy girl becomes almost cold. Tzuyu leans back and lets Sana take control knowing if Sana is the one to do this she will end up getting what she wants no matter what and almost feels sorry for her father and Sana’s. 

Sana glances between the two men before adjusting her sitting position and looking at her father, “Now that that is out of the way I have my own rules.” 

Sana’s father almost laughs happily at the women Sana has been growing up to be but understands this is their business talk so he sits back and gestures for the girl to continue, “You are not picking the place we will live since I would rather trust Tzuyu to that. I’m assuming you have an account set up already for the payments of wherever we decide to reside, am I correct?” 

Sana’s father nods his head prompting Sana to continue, “I would like to be able to relax either on the weekend or at least once during the week since we will also all be schooling. As such since you want us to have bodyguards I insist that they are around our age so that they can blend in easier while we are in school. I would also like to have a seperate spending account for each of us that you cannot monitor since it will probably go to leisure activities. Each of us should have a car since we cannot expect Tzuyu to drive us everywhere and with that said the bodyguards are not allowed to be in the cars with us but can be following us. Also we are each allowed to hire our own assitants, can we agree?” 

Sana’s father looks towards Tzuyu’s father and they have a silent conversation with their eyes which Sana feels envious of. She wishes that she could have a relationship like them with them being platonic soulmates and all. 

Sana’s father looks at each girl sternly before smiling, “Of course darling.” 

Sana’s stone cold expression drops and she smiles brightly before getting up and hugging her father who just laughs. Chaeyoung will never be used to how they can all switch in between their cold business persona to loving family the next. 

Tzuyu glances at her phone again before looking towards the people in the room, “I found a place suitable for us to live in. It comes with a lovely view and ample parking and several rooms one of which is already converted to a study.” 

Tzuyu’s father chuckles heartily before nudging Sana’s father, “That’s my girl, eh?” 

Tzuyu feels herself warm slightly at the praise and begins to show the others in the room the penthouse that she managed to find. Sana already knows that she is getting the master since it is seperate from the other rooms in the house besides the study. It is ideal and gives Sana privacy away from the couple and vice versa. 

Tzuyu’s father is the first to leave knowing how Tzuyu’s mother can be and Tzuyu following suit. Chaeyoung gets up and grabs Tzuyu’s hand who smiles down at the shorter girl. Sana smiles at them and is about to follow them when her father catches her arm. 

“Go on ahead Tzuyu-ah. I’ll drive Sana home,” Tzuyu nods her head and waves goodbye to the father and daughter. 

Sana looks to her father who moves and sits on his chair behind his desk before Sana follows and sits on the edge of his desk. He smiles slightly at Sana and offers to pour a drink which she declines with the shake of her head. He relents and doesn’t poor himself a cup since he is driving her home and he refuses to hurt his daughter even by accident. 

“There is another reason I want you to go to Korea, my child,” Sana tilts her head at the implication, “Which is?” 

He rubs his chin before glancing at Sana’s covered body and sighs, “It’s been years and you have yet to meet the singular Japanese name on your body. The other names are all Korean and I’m hoping you will manage to meet at least one of them.” 

Sana sighs as she rubs her ribs where the Japanese name resides on her body before glancing to her father, “You know mother doesn’t even know I have multiple soulmarks. She, just like everyone else I’m close to besides you, thinks that I have no soulmark.” 

He nods his head at this before smiling and placing his hand on top of hers, “You are my daughter and if I have to search the entire world for your soulmates I will.” 

Sana smiles at this before leaning forward and kissing his cheek again, “I know you’re just looking out for me and I appreciate it.” 

The man smiles softly, “Anything for you darling, you know that. I do wish you would tell the girls that you have multiple soulmarks. I’m not getting any younger you know. I wish to see you happy with someone I know will love you.” 

Sana laughs before getting up, “You’re not that old. That excuse is only going to work when you are actually old father. Let’s go now, mother must be worried sick.” 

He laughs and gets up but not before placing the contracts into his desk and locking it for safekeeping. The two Minatozakis make their way downstairs and into the car. Sana relaxes into the seat while her father starts the car. They sit in silence with just the sounds around them in the busy Japanese city sounding out around them. 

“I want an Audi R8 V10.” 

Sana’s father laughs before rolling his eyes, “That’s not very conventional since it only has two seats.” 

Sana looks to her father before shrugging, “Well I guess that means I get to bring my car from home as well.” 

Her father scoffs at this before smiling at his daughter, “Of course. You are always outhinking me aren’t you?” 

Sana smiles and place sher arm on his shoulder, “It’s just your old age father.” 

Her father just shakes his head as he continues to drive while Sana laughs lowly having managed to stump her father again. They park and make their way into the driveway of the Minatozaki mansion that they have had for generations. Sana says goodnight to her father before going inside and bidding her mother goodnight and heading into her room. 

She takes off her clothes and places it into the hamper before heading into her ensuite and turning the shower on. She goes under the warm water managing to distract herself from her thoughts running rampant. She washes her hair and then washes her body. 

She instinctively pauses over each of the names on her body. One on her right ribcage, one on her left hip bone, one right below her left collar bone and one on the inside of her right ankle. She lingers on the one on her ribcage and smiles sadly while thinking ‘Maybe another time’. 

She shakes her head and steps out of the shower. She grabs a towel and dries herself as she walks towards the window and smiles sadly at her own reflection. She does her nightly routine before putting on a giant t-shirt and getting into bed. She stares up at her ceiling hoping that the next part in her life brings at least one of her soulmates.

 A part of Sana says ‘screw it’ because she wants to pick her own fate. She doesn’t believe that the soulmarks equal romance with her father being the first example. She knows that they tried to be together to see but figured out they were much better off as friends. Sana doesn’t want to be forced to be with someone romantically because of a name on her body. 


Well I hope you enjoyed that introduction. The updates might be slower since I've become busy with schooling and my personal life (also my giant case of writers block that pops up sometimes).