wow

So It Goes

Yanjun insisted to bring me to the hospital, but I refused. I don't want to go anywhere right now. I asked him to help me to go to the nearest infirmary, instead.

He helped me to lay on the bed and even handed me my bag. He took that when I was busy chasing the mad Xiao Gui.

Ugh, the mad Xiao Gui.

By the way, I happened to notice that all the nurses have left the campus since hours ago. Yuxi was right.

---

You said our situation was different with your ex-sister 's situation.

I take a deep breath.

Then, I hear the sound of my phone buzzing. I take it from my bag and open the lock.

"51 missed calls from Yuxi?"

There's also one message from her.

Yuxi: SOS! Call me if you see this!

But as I'm about to press call, she calls me again.

"What is it, Yuxi?"

"JIE!!!!! Thank God you finally picked it up! Where are you now?"

"Umm, where are you? I'll go--"

"Just tell me where you are, quickly!"

"First infirmary."

"WHAT??!!! Ok, bye!"

---

Something is seriously up and I have a bad feeling for that. Yuxi arrives in the infirmary in a blink of an eye. I'm terrified.

She gasps as she sees me.

"JIE!!!!! WHAT THE FRI--I MEAN --IS HAPPENING??!?!!"

"Calm down, ok? Calm down."

Her already-huge eyes have widened by a lot. "You look...... pale...." She immediately takes her phone and starts clicking stuff. Her eyes are back to their normal size.

"What are you doing?"

"Ordering taxi, or anything."

"Come on, I'm fine. I don't have the mood for that."

She sighs then turns to me. "You have to at least tell me what happened, jie. In details."

"Ugh." I groan. "Just, I attended Yanjun's session today."

"And then?"

"That's pretty much it."

"I don't buy that."

I take a deep breath. "Well...."

---

"WHAT THE FRI--I MEAN !??" She takes out her phone again. "You have to tell me the name or the face of everyone who did that to you. This is clearly an assault!" She's getting ready to type things on her phone.

I told her until the moment I fell on the ground, only.

"Yuxi... stop that."

She looks at me. "Huh?" She blinks few times. "Jie, let me do what I should do. They have to pay for what they did."

"Do you think they actually know that I have this ing colored stomach??"

She presses her eyes for a second, then she opens them. "Listen, let's say you didn't have that. But causing someone to fall, in purpose, is never a thing we should compromise. A lot of bad things could've happened to the victim." She sighs. "Please, jie. These people might continue doing this crazy act to you, or maybe to other people in the future. I know you don't want that. So let me bring them to justice."

Her phone suddenly buzzes. It's a call. "Hello? Oh, ok. We're heading there." She presses her lips first, then tells me, "Please forgive me, jie. But I did order the taxi. We gotta go now."

She helps me to sit on the bed gently, then takes my bag and wears it. She puts her right arm around my shoulder, and her other arm on my elbow. We're walking out of the campus, that way.

---

"Are you ok, jie?" She took a peek at my face. "You have to tell me if you feel anything, ok?"

She kept saying those things to me on our way to the hospital. Perhaps, she noticed that I wasn't really myself there.

I'm a shameless .

---

"Jie, would you me a favor?" She drags a chair and sits on it.

"Huh?" I turn to her. I'm currently lying on the hospital bed, with a certain IV stuck into my vessel.

"Tell me you would, or not."

I wet my lips. "I guess I would."

"Tell me what exactly happened. I know you're hiding something." She her lips then lets them out. "I know you never told me a full-length story. Come on, jie. I'm Yuxi, your other half. Why are you still like this to me?"

I want to forget the remaining story, Yuxi.

I can only give her a smile.

"When will they allow me to go home?"

"You're running low on your blood sugar level. You should stay for a while. I'll just take care of your absence in your classes, ok?"

"You haven't told me about your SOS yet."

"But you haven't told me the full story yet."

"Yuxi....???" I raise my tone and drag it.

"Alright.." She sighs. "So someone posted a crazy thing this morning." She shows me a collaged photo of me and Yanjun. It's when he lifted me to the hospital, but taken on a weird angle with excessive zoom-in. So it looks like we're.... in the middle of something, especially because my eyes were rolling upwards like a total, nuts.

Then, she slides it to the left and it shows a GIF of the crazy hot kiss between me and Xiao Gui outside the auditorium.

Why should it be a GIF?

My head automatically replays the memory... but it doesn't feel beautiful.

It's hurting me.

"And this is the actual post." She shows me the two photos, posted as one post on weibo. The caption was only "A Shameless ".

My eyes automatically lands on its most recent comments.

I take her phone and read them.

Poor Lin Yanjun. He's no longer the angelic senior.

This actually came to the basketball's session just to have [another] moment with her man.

Or men. Hahahaha.

Cheap.

Just what the did they do last night that he had to check on her v in front of everyone?

Maybe I should try their methods in summer break.

They probably fell on the floor.

I'm telling you all, Lin Yanjun is a big d*ck energy.

So Lin Yanjun is the fierce type at night? I'm down.

She's lucky.

She's basically selling herself off.

Poor Xiao Gui.

Xiao Gui is perfect.

I never liked this girl.

I pray for Lin Yanjun.

Lin Yanjun, wake up!

I look away then press my eyes together. My eyes are getting hot that they've started to produce some annoying salty water called tears.

As I open my eyes, the tears flood my eyes and blurry my vision. I unconsciously turn to Yuxi, mumbling, "Just what kind of did these people watch?" I take a deep breath, in frustration. "Whatever it is, I can't believe that Xiao Gui watched it too." My vision is getting a little clearer, because the tears have started to fall on the pillow.

I want to chuckle to myself but... I can't.

She caresses my head. "I'm always here for you no matter what."

Suddenly, she gulps, then asks me in a lower volume, "So, Xiao Gui did really buy all of those?"

Even my unconcious finds it hard to believe.

"He said it's disgusting... that I came to him in this state."

"Wait, what?!"

"He also called me a shameless ."

"I'm fine when they called me that but, not him...." I bite my bottom lip, then let myself sob.

"Sorry that I made you to call me 51 times in the middle of your classes. I really am a shameless ......"

"What are you talking about?" She takes a look at me with her now-reddish eyes. "Listen, I can always borrow everyone's notes. Stop worrying about me--"

"I can't see you like this, jie. Please..." She mutters.

I let out a heavy sigh. I'm thinking about Yuxi, and how she'll feel if I continue this annoying angsty mode of myself. She's done a lot just to support me. If I'm mad at myself because of that, I shouldn't act like a victim and be useless like this.

I rub both of my eyes slowly with my palm, then use it to also my hair, in frustration. These are my ways to try getting control of myself.

"Thank you, Yuxi. I'm sorry that... you had to see this side of me." I try to put a smile for her. "Now don't let these tears fall on this beautiful face, ok?" I rub her eyes with my thumb.

I hold her hand and squeeze it a bit.

"Jie, I think... I have to go to the bathroom. Just call me if you need anything, ok? I have my phone with me."

I nod.