you are going to be the death of me

fight

Mina taps her feet anxiously against the tiled floor, hoping her sunshine would turn up already. She had lied to her mother, telling her that she’s having a sleepover with Momo and Sana, and it’s not the first time, but it doesn’t make her any less worried of getting caught. The faster they get out of here, the more relieved she will feel. Finally, she sees Chaeyoung trudging towards her with that big duffel bag on her, stifling a yawn and she smiles, mood immediately lifted. She runs and engulfs the shorter girl in a hug, the latter stumbling a little at their combined weight.

 

“Woah, easy there.” Chaeyoung chuckles as her arms wrap around her assailant easily, knowing that it’s her girlfriend even though she hasn’t actually seen her face. The jasmine perfume is a dead giveaway, and even without that, her body is so attuned to Mina’s that there is no way she doesn’t recognize the way Mina feels pressed against her body.

 

“Your coach is okay with you skipping training for the weekend?” Mina asks just to be sure, not wanting Chaeyoung to get into any trouble. Jihyo is nice, but she’s definitely not when she’s angry.

 

“Well, I’m here now, aren’t I? Chaeyoung pulls away and smiles easily. It wasn’t easy getting permission from Jihyo now that she is getting so close to a UFC debut, but she had eventually relented when Chaeyoung promised to work doubly hard when she’s back. “And I’m all yours.”

 

“You better be.” Mina smiles as she holds her sunshine’s hand, dragging her to the counter to get a bus ticket to their destination.

 

“Where are we going?” Chaeyoung asks, too absorbed by the fact that she will be spending the weekend with only Mina to realize that she still doesn’t know where they are actually headed to. Mina had planned the whole trip in secret, only asking for her to turn up at the express bus terminal on Saturday at 6am.

 

“Busan.” Mina tells her, and worry starts to grow on her face as she stops in her tracks to look at her girlfriend. She had planned the whole trip by herself after all, what if Chaeyoung didn’t like it? “You are okay with it, right?”

 

The little fighter just laughs, pulling at their entwined hands to continue the walk to the counter. “Darling, anywhere is fine as long as I’m with you.”

 

--

 

They have finished serving the morning office crowd, so business at the café has slowed down for now. Finally having some free time, Jeongyeon starts making another cup of coffee for her and the tired bunny sitting at the counter. She doesn’t even ask, already knowing what Nayeon knows. She pushes the cup of freshly brewed caramel macchiato to her best friend without a word, and the latter also takes it nonchalantly. They may bicker like hell, but they are like two cogs in a machine, unable to function without the other.

 

“Anyway, I have a dinner appointment tonight, so I won’t be able to close the shop with you.” Nayeon tells her as she does a stock take on their supplies, “Yerim will be coming in to take the closing shift for me, so you will still have 3, her and Tzuyu till closing.”

 

Jeongyeon agrees with a hum, there is nothing to disagree anyway since the older girl has already gotten a replacement for herself. “Where are you going?” She asks, curious to know what she’s up to since this is the first time in a long while that Nayeon is telling her something she doesn’t already know. They live and work together, after all.

 

“Suzy has been bugging me to meet this senior of hers, so I’m finally agreeing to it.” Nayeon says as she rolls her eyes, not sure why her friend is more anxious about her love life than she is. The girl has been spamming her with photos of her senior and although she admits he’s cute, she’s just not interested. She’s going more to get Suzy off her back.

 

But Jeongyeon nearly chokes on the coffee she’s sipping on and she looks incredulously at Nayeon. “What?! Where? What time?”

 

“The western restaurant at Sinchon at 7.” Nayeon tells her as she lists down the supplies she needs to order for the café.

 

“Who is he? Is he a nice guy? Have you seen him before? What time do you guys end?” Jeongyeon questions her like she’s her mom and Nayeon finally looks away from the supplies list and at her best friend.

 

“Geez, chill! He’s her senior at the musical company she’s working in now, and she just wants us to meet for a meal. That’s all.” Nayeon reassures her. She trusts Suzy, the girl wouldn’t introduce a bad person to her.

 

Jeongyeon still doesn’t seem convinced, narrowing her eyes at the bunny. “You better be back home by 9, or else I’m calling your mom to tell on you.”

 

“Yah Yoo Jeongyeon,” Nayeon holds her arms against her waist, glaring at her. “Let me remind you that I’m older than you. And I’m a grown woman who knows how to take care of herself, so stop worrying.”

 

Jeongyeon raises her eyebrows, because that is definitely not true.

 

(It’s a miracle she’s still alive after all that mad driving just to get back home as fast as she can when she received the call from Chaeyoung saying that Nayeon is bawling at home. She had left halfway through date night, ditched her girlfriend and is back here, sprinting up the steps to their apartment. (Needless to say, her girlfriend was livid, but she can’t be bothered; she had always been a spoilt brat anyway, it’s good to let her know she can’t have her way all the damn time.) She throws the door open, and sees an inconsolable Nayeon in Chaeyoung’s arms, the younger looking at her with a face that screams ‘Help!’, at a loss because she has never seen the older girl like this before, and it must scare her to see the bunny totally broken like this. But this isn’t the first time for her, and it’s definitely not going to be the last.

 

“Nayeon-ah.” She calls out, making her way to them quickly.

 

“I told you… not to call her…” Nayeon sniffs, but still reaches out for her, snuggling into her embrace when she got closer.

 

“It’s okay cub, I will take it from here. Can you go to the convenience store and get me some ice cream?” Jeongyeon tells Chaeyoung, and the younger girl nods and hurries off.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jeongyeon asks gently, because even though they fight like hell, they are each other’s support too.

 

“You are right. He’s a jerk. He was cheating on me.” Nayeon cries even louder after saying that out loud, as if reminding herself of the fact again.

 

Jeongyeon sighs, knowing that this was coming. She had tried to warn the older girl several times, but she is just stubborn, refusing to believe or even listen to her. This is the perfect time to go “HA I told you so,” but she knows her best friend doesn’t need that sass right now, she needs her comfort. “It’s okay, he didn’t deserve you in the first place anyway. You deserve better.”

 

She just lets Nayeon cry on her shoulder, running her fingers through the older’s hair to calm her down. Finally after two and a half tubs of ice cream and three boxes of tissues later, the bunny has fallen asleep on her shoulders, snoring away and drooling on her shirt.

 

“You are seriously going to be the death of me.” She sighs as she pokes Nayeon’s forehead gently while digging into the unfinished tub of ice cream herself.)

 

“I’m going to pick you up, call me when you are done.” Jeongyeon decides for her, thinking that it’s better to pick her up so that the guy doesn’t have to send her home and get to find out where she lives.

 

Nayeon just scoffs, unable to believe how stubborn her best friend is. She’s just going to ignore her, not wanting to waste her breath trying to convince this stupid stubborn bull, knowing that it won’t get through anyway.

 

--

 

Chaeyoung stands in the middle of the hotel room, stoning. She has been and is still very excited about this trip, but she forgot about one very important thing. They will be spending one night together, in the same room, on the same bed, she realizes as she looks at the only queen size bed in the room. They haven’t slept over at each other’s place before, so it will be their first night sleeping together. Oh no, Mina’s going to find out about her unglamorous sleeping habit of sleeping with open and break up with her!

 

“Hey, everything alright?” Mina asks, breaking her out of her reverie.

 

“H-huh? Yeah, everything’s fine.” The little fighter smiles, hoping it doesn’t come out awkwardly. She should have expected it though, it’s weird to get two single beds, but… is she ready? What are you thinking Son Chaeyoung, she chides herself, get your mind out of the gutter. They are just going to sleep next to each other, with their bodies pressed against each other… She shakes herself awake just in time to hear Mina tell her to wear her swimsuit, because they are going to the beach. She nods, and when Mina finally enters the restroom to change, she slaps herself, trying to get a hold of herself. It’s okay, she’s just going to worry about that later tonight, it’s all going to be fine, she can do this.

 

--

 

Okay maybe it’s not okay, it’s not fine, she can’t do this because Mina just took off her shawl that she had draped over herself, and she’s in this red flowery crop top with a denim skirt in front of her. She doesn’t even bleed when someone punches her in the nose, but she feels like she might right now. Chaeyoung turns away, knowing that her cheeks must be burning right now.

 

“Hey, you sure you alright?” Mina asks, holding her gently by her cheek to turn Chaeyoung to her. “You have been so out of it since we reached.”

 

Don’t look down, don’t look down. “Yeah, I just…” Chaeyoung struggles to find an excuse while her brain is working overtime preventing her eyes from wandering where they should definitely not be on her girlfriend’s body. “I can’t swim! That’s why I’m nervous.” She grins nervously, hoping Mina doesn’t see through her lousy excuse.

 

“You can’t swim?! Why didn’t you tell me?” Mina frowns, fretting over her.

 

Okay that’s a bad idea, now she has to pretend she can’t swim. Chaeyoung’s throat suddenly feels very dry. “It’s okay, I will just hold onto you?”

 

“No, what if you lose me later?” Mina frets, “give me a minute.”

 

--

 

Mina comes back with a float for her, and she wouldn’t complain if it’s actually those big sized donut floats other people at the beach have. But her cute girlfriend is holding a kiddie frog float out to her and Chaeyoung blinks, trying to comprehend this situation.

 

“You want me to use this?” The fighter asks incredulously. She’s a MMA fighter, used to throwing punches and subduing her opponents with arm bars and choke holds but her girlfriend is here offering her a float that seems to be for children. If Dahyun and Tzuyu are here, they are definitely not going to let her live this down.

 

“Yeah, those big ones are only for rent, so this was the only one I could find and buy.” Mina tells her seriously, not even joking.

 

“Minari,” Chaeyoung whines, has half a mind to just come clean about actually being able to swim, “you really expect me to put this on? I’m not five!”

 

“Yeah you are not, but you are my baby. Please, baby?” Mina persuades, a pout on her lips and puppy eyes on full blast.

 

What is Chaeyoung going to do? Say no? (Especially after having Mina call her ‘baby’, when they were never the type to use forms of endearment with each other.) This girl is going to be the death of her someday, she swears as the little fighter takes the frog tube begrudgingly, but slides into it anyway, eliciting a big smile from Mina.

 

--

 

Stay off your phone and watch your surroundings

 

There are many creeps on public transport nowadays

 

Also, no drinking, no following him home

 

I will pick you up when you are done, text me then

 

Excuse me, how am I supposed to stay off my phone if you keep texting me? Nayeon shoots back a retort as she shakes her head. Jeongyeon worries too much. Don’t worry about me and focus on the café, it’s Saturday, isn’t it busy?

 

Well, we wouldn’t be if you came back right now. We could really use some help now.

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes. Get back to work, I just reached Sinchon. I will see you later.

 

Nayeon gets off the train and sighs, not really looking forward to the date. Her previous boyfriends had been jerks, so she doesn’t want to put herself out there and hurt herself again. She’s contended with her current life; running the café with Jeongyeon, dealing with her bull and the constant bickering. But her parents have been asking when she is going to bring someone home, someone who is not Jeongyeon, her childhood friend who has been coming over to her house since they were kids.

 

But sometimes she does want to bring Jeongyeon home, not as her childhood best friend, but as something more. She stops herself before she can even develop that thought further, but it’s hard to not think of the possibilities of that option when she lives and works with the girl. She shakes her head, maybe this date is good, it will help her rid her mind of feelings she doesn’t want to pay attention to.

 

-

 

Okay, text me when you are done, I will be there in 30.

 

Jeongyeon waits for a reply, but it doesn’t come so she assumes Nayeon must be walking to the restaurant now, too busy to text her back. She doesn’t mind, but she really hopes Nayeon will listen to her for once. Knowing the older girl, she might just drink and head home with the guy just to piss her off. But no, she’s not going to let that happen because she’s going to get her back home tonight.

 

“Jeongyeon-unnie, get your out back here!” Tzuyu hollers from the front, probably needing help because of the crowd of customers.

 

Kids these days have no basic respect, she thinks, she’s literally the boss and 3 years older than her, but none of the part timers actually care about it, just shouting at her like this.

 

“I’m here!” She grumbles while putting on her apron as she walks over to the coffee machine filled with empty cups waiting to be filled with coffee. She can’t wait to close the café so she can go pick up Nayeon already. She needs to be there before they leave to catch Nayeon before she gets to go home with the guy.

 

--

 

Chaeyoung is out from the toilet first, having freshened up after their swim (more like Mina’s swim and her floating in the water because of her goddamn float), and she takes the time to look at the setting sun. It’s disappearing into the horizon, painting the ocean a nice shade of orange. It’s a beautiful end to a wonderful day, and she’s thankful that Mina suggested for them to take this trip. She doesn’t realize how stressed up she has been recently over her upcoming UFC debut, and it’s good to take some time away from the endless and merciless training to rest her body and mind.

 

She takes the chance to take some photos, and while she’s engrossed doing so, she feels arms wrapping around her waist, and the familiar scent of jasmine wafts to her nose. She smiles, leaning back into Mina’s embrace. She doesn’t think she can love her girlfriend any more than she already does, but she doesn’t know if she’s just whipped, or Mina is just that amazing to make her fall in love even more every single day.

 

“Come on, let me take a picture of you.” She tugs on Mina’s arm around her waist to get the girl to stand in front of her, snapping away when her girlfriend is in position. She gives out gasps of astonishment as she takes each photo, because how is it possible for someone to be so unbelievably pretty? She has probably taken a hundred photos when Mina retorts shyly, “Why do you keep taking?”

 

“Because you look pretty.” Chaeyoung compliments, looking through her photo gallery, and as expected, every single one came out well. Mina blushes and pulls Chaeyoung back into her embrace. “Come here, let’s take one together.”

 

With the sunset as their background, they smile, pull silly faces, and end off with one last photo of Mina kissing her cheek. They look through the photos together, and Chaeyoung knows the last photo is definitely going to be the wallpaper of her phone. Stuffing her phone back into her pocket, she holds Mina’s hand, swinging it slightly. “Where to next, tour guide?”

 

“Night picnic at Gwangalli Beach.” Mina tells her, looking at her girlfriend with her sun kissed cheeks that make her look 423 times more adorable. She leans in to peck her on the cheeks again, which just makes her sunshine’s smile grow even bigger. “Well, lead the way.”

 

--

 

This is the third customer that has come back to complain about their ice blended drinks tasting bland, and Tzuyu can only apologize and make another cup for them while shooting lasers at Jeongyeon, who doesn’t even seem to notice, her attention only focused on her phone. She’s not usually this careless, but she can’t focus when Nayeon isn’t replying to her. She’s dying to know what is happening, how is the guy treating her? Are they drinking alcohol? Is the guy making her drunk now so he can bring her home? Oh my god, she has to go and stop this immediately!

 

Jeongyeon looks at the time, it’s only 8, and she’s going to lose a lot by closing earlier by two hours on a Saturday, but she doesn’t care because Nayeon’s safety is more important. (Also, why do people drink coffee after 8, just go to sleep!) “Kids, let’s wrap up. We are closing, now.”

 

Yerim cheers loudly, but Tzuyu just frowns. “It’s only 8.”

 

“Yeah, and that’s one hour too late.” Jeongyeon mumbles, afraid that Nayeon would have left with the guy already in that one hour. She hopes they wouldn’t be done with their dinner so quickly, that the older girl will still be there when she reaches the restaurant. “Come on, pack up now.”

 

She heads to the door to flip the sign when two familiar faces enter the café. “Why are you closing already?” Momo asks as she enters hand in hand with Sana when she sees Jeongyeon flipping the sign and taking off her apron.

 

“She’s going to stop Nayeon-unnie’s date.” Yerim crackles as she steps out from the counter to clear the tables, Jeongyeon’s intention clear as day even though she didn’t explicitly say it out to them.

 

“Oh come on it’s about time anyway! It’s been so long since she dated. Do you want her to die as an old spinster?” Sana chides as she heads behind the counter to give Tzuyu a hug. “Hi Chewy.”

 

The barista ignores Sana’s affection, too used to it by now. “Momo-unnie, the usual?”

 

“Yes, as expected of my favourite barista.” Momo smiles and ruffles her hair over the counter before turning to address her friend. “Anyway, yeah I agree with Sana, take a chill pill Jeong.”

 

Jeongyeon doesn’t reply, just stays focused on counting the till so she can leave asap. They can say what they want because they don’t know anything, and they won’t be there when Nayeon breaks down again after a heartbreak. So before she can break, she will be there to make sure to block anything that can potentially break her.

 

“Yeah, anyway shouldn’t you be more worried about Chaeyoung? Kid is in Busan with Mina over the weekends, I bet they are going to do it.” Sana says as she wiggles her eyebrows.

 

This brings a snort from Tzuyu, knowing her best friend well enough to know that she won’t do it. Her best friend may be the best fighter she had ever seen in the octagon, taking advantage of her opponent’s weak points and loss of concentration to win the match. But when it comes to Mina, she will never ever take advantage of her, turning into a puddle of mush for her girlfriend. She is so painfully shy around Mina that it took her almost a year before she could ask Mina out, freaked out to her for 2 hours when they first kissed, so Tzuyu knows her best friend definitely doesn’t have the courage to do whatever they are insinuating. “Chaeyoung? I can bet my entire life savings that she wouldn’t do it.”  

 

“Yeah we know, so we told Mina to get her drunk so it can happen.” Momo tells her as she smiles and thanks Tzuyu for her cup of green tea latte.

 

Yerim guffaws as she sweeps the floor. “Chaeyoung? Drunk? I have never seen that before.”

 

Tzuyu nods, agreeing with Yerim. Whenever they had class gatherings, Tzuyu always volunteered to stay sober to send them home so she can escape drinking. However, Chaeyoung was also always sober with her, helping her to send their classmates home even though she had downed just as much as their other classmates. She doesn’t even know where all that alcohol goes in that small body of hers. “She has never gotten drunk. Ever.”

 

“Eh hey, no way…?” Sana frowns, because how can such a small girl have such a high alcohol tolerance? She heads back out to hug Momo, who is still slurping on her drink.

 

Jeongyeon slams the till shut loudly, scaring the four in the shop. “Okay, everyone get out now, I’m locking up.”

 

“But I’m not done washing up yet.” Tzuyu says, having just dismantled the steam wand of the coffee machine and is about to wash it.

 

“I will do it, get out, enjoy your Saturday, get drunk, have fun.” Jeongyeon tells them as she holds the door of the café open, hurrying them up. Yerim just whoops in delight, placing the broom back in place, always happy to be able to go home earlier while Tzuyu can’t believe Jeongyeon is asking her to forgo hygiene. Jeongyeon, the only person she knows who is insane about cleanliness is telling her to leave this mess and go home?

 

“Come on Tzuyu!” Jeongyeon shouts, tapping her foot against the floor impatiently and Tzuyu shakes her head, placing the steam wand down and picking her bag to leave the café with the two Japanese girls.

 

--

 

When Mina said that they were going to have a night picnic by the beach, Chaeyoung was expecting small conversation over food, and little kisses here and there. What she didn’t expect is for Mina to go all out on the booze, causing her to be barely awake in her arms now. She usually hates herself for having such a high alcohol tolerance when her friends are able to get high and enjoy themselves when they drink, while she has to drink two or three times more than them just to get the same effect. Even then, she just gets high, never drunk, and never hungover. But now, she’s thanking herself for this ability now, because she can take care of her inebriated girlfriend.

 

“Okay,” Chaeyoung tugs and holds Mina’s hand to stop her from reaching for the cup of soju, “no more for you. You had more than enough for today.”

 

“Yeah, I have never drank so much alcohol in my life!” Mina says loudly in a way that is uncharacteristic of the normal, quiet Mina. She giggles, “Everything is spinning.”

 

Before Chaeyoung can reply, Mina continues with a pout, poking at her girlfriend’s cheeks. “Why are you not drunk at all? You are supposed to be!”

 

“I am?” Chaeyoung asks with a smile, knowing that Mina is just saying nonsense because she’s drunk, but still going along with it to make her happy. She always wants to make Mina happy, even if she is drunk and probably won’t remember all this tomorrow. Also, how did she become hundred times more adorable just because she’s drunk?

 

“Yeah, you are supposed to be drunk so we can-“ Mina is cut off by her phone ringing, and she groans as she rummages through her bag for it. However, she can’t seem to find it, her eyes and her hands not listening to her. Chaeyoung just chuckles, taking her bag from her girlfriend to help her with it.

 

“It’s Momo.” She tells Mina after locating the phone easily, but her girlfriend just grunts as she snuggles deeper into her embrace. Chaeyoung just shakes her head, taking the liberty to answer the phone for her.

 

“MINA ABORT THE GET DRUNK, GET LAID MISSION! Tzuyu said that Chaeyoung doesn’t get drunk ever!” Momo screams at her through the phone before she can even greet her. That is why she doesn’t even realize it’s not Mina she’s talking to, just blabbering out what she wants to say.

 

“Hi Momo-unnie.” Chaeyoung greets belatedly, finally understanding why her girlfriend is dead drunk in her arms now. Mina was trying to make her drunk, making her down shots after shots together, but because of her insane tolerance, Mina ends up being the only one drunk. “Is this why Mina is dead drunk in my arms now?”

 

Momo groans, not only did their plan backfire, Chaeyoung even found out about it. She hears Sana and Momo conversing in the back about this whole situation and Sana answers for Momo instead. “Hi Chaeyoungie! Well since you know now anyway, why don’t you just grant Mina’s wish? Poor girl just wants to get laid.” Sana says chirpily as if she’s not suggesting for them to engage in activities that are not appropriate for children.

 

Chayoung blushes beet red and is about to retort back when Mina snatches the phone away from her. “Hello, I don’t know who you are but please call back again tomorrow, my girlfriend is busy with me right now. Bye.” Mina ends the call and climbs onto Chaeyoung’s lap, not caring if they are in a public area by the beach where everyone can see them. She loops her arms around the fighter’s neck, staring at her with hooded eyes. “You focus on me, and only me tonight, okay?”

 

Chaeyoung can only nod, unable to form any coherent sentences with the hypnotizing way Mina is staring at her. She sighs in contentment as Mina leans in to kiss her, thinking that the medical student will really be the death of her, and she wouldn’t mind, at all.

 

--

 

Nayeon is glad the date is finally over. Don’t get her wrong, it was great, he was nice and accommodating but there was just something lacking. He didn’t have a dorky smile that makes her feel like smiling, didn’t make her feel butterflies in her stomach when he pulled out her chair for her, and most importantly, he wasn’t Jeongyeon. She shakes her head, where did that thought come from? She must be crazy from spending too much time with the girl that she’s all Nayeon can think about. The bunny toothed girl walks out of the restaurant with him, nodding absentmindedly at what he’s saying, obviously not paying attention. However, her attention is immediately captured by someone at the door of the restaurant. Jeongyeon is standing there, leaning against her bike with her arms crossed as she glares at the guy beside her with an unamused expression. Nayeon hates how her attention goes to her so easily, hates how she thinks the other girl looks hot like that with an irate expression on her face.

 

“Huh?” She finally realizes the guy is talking to her, breaking eye contact with Jeongyeon to look back at him.

 

“I asked if you want a ride home.” He repeats, smiling at her.

 

“I’m sorry, I already have a ride home.” Nayeon tells him apologetically, because he is a really nice guy, but he’s just not what she needs.

 

“Oh,” his face falters a bit, “it’s okay then. I can wait with you till your ride comes?”

 

“Actually… She’s already here.” Nayeon gestures towards Jeongyeon, who has already taken out her helmet from the trunk and holding it. She had stuck little rabbit stickers all around the extra helmet in Jeongyeon’s bike, and the girl had nearly killed her when she found out and only relented when Nayeon retorted that she was the only one who took her bike anyway. The helmet was customized by her, and for her anyway.

 

“Oh okay… I will see you again then?” He smiles uneasily, because Jeongyeon is still glaring at him and Nayeon pities him a little, enough to lie. “Yeah.” (She isn’t going to meet him again.)

 

She exchanges goodbye with him and makes her way to Jeongyeon, stopping in front of the girl. It’s only 9, the girl should be in their café instead of standing in front of her like this. “Why are you here? What about the café?”

 

Jeongyeon finally stops glaring at the guy, turning her attention to her. She places the helmet on her head, adjusting it. “I closed the shop earlier.”

 

“What!” Nayeon exclaims, that’s one hour less of profits. “Why would you do that?!”

 

“Because I’m the boss and I want to.” Jeongyeon tells her, fastening the clip of the helmet underneath her chin. She takes out a jacket from her trunk, gesturing for the older girl to get on the bike. Nayeon does, and Jeongyeon immediately drapes the jacket over her legs, before getting on the bike herself. She revs the engine, making sure to shoot one last pointed look at the guy before speeding off.

 

Nayeon tightens her arms around Jeongyeon’s waist, relishing in the warmth of the latter. At the end of the day, she’s glad to be back with the younger girl again. But sometimes, she wished Jeongyeon didn’t care so much, at least that would have made things so much easier, made it easier for her to run away from these feelings that she doesn’t want to acknowledge. She had been running from them since forever, and recently, it feels like it’s catching up on her, feels like she can’t keep running away from it anymore.

 

--

 

Chaeyoung grunts as she shifts to get a better grip on Mina so that she can unlock their room door. The girl is almost totally dead drunk against her, Chaeyoung supporting most of her weight. She helps Mina into the room and onto the bed, groaning in relief as she lies down beside Mina. Turning to look at the girl beside her, she shakes her head, finding how ridiculous this whole situation is. Mina wanted to make her drunk to give her some liquid courage to move their relationship to the next stage, but what she doesn’t know is that all she has to do is ask. It’s not like she can say no to Mina anyway. She sighs, poking the mole on Mina’s nose, causing the girl to scrunch her face a little. “You are lucky you are cute.”

 

She wants to get up to wash up when Mina drapes a hand over her waist, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. Chaeyoung chuckles as she runs her hand through Mina’s hair. “Mina, I have to go wash up.”

 

Mina just shakes her head furiously and burrow closer, tightening her hold around Chaeyoung. “Don’t go.”

 

The little fighter can easily subdue her opponents in the ring, but here she is so easily subdued by her drunk girlfriend. “Alright, I’m not going.” She lifts Mina’s head a little to put her arm there, letting Mina use her arm as a pillow. “Comfortable?”

 

Mina hums and Chaeyoung takes the chance to look at her carefully. She’s beautiful, but even more so close up like that. The moles dotting her face, her eye lashes that are naturally curled. Chaeyoung didn’t believe perfection is possible, but now she knows better.

 

“You look perfect tonight.”

 

Mina doesn’t reply, probably falling back asleep already, but Chaeyoung doesn’t mind. It’s insane how this is the first time they are sharing a bed together, but Chaeyoung already wants to do this every day for the rest of her life. She wants to go to bed with and wake up to this girl in her arms. But it’s impossible, because tomorrow, they will leave here and head back to their normal lives, and she is really not looking forward to that. Maybe in the future, she will give her a ring and make it happen, but for now, she will just take whatever she can get.

 

She leans in to plant a gentle kiss on Mina’s forehead. “Sweet dreams, Minari.”