Chapter 13 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lani

 

I was left in a state of shock, more like confusion. The situation was so complicated that I couldn't figure out what just happened.

 

Although I never liked Jane from the first time I saw her, she came to me to spit on my face regarding having Baekhyun for herself was so not expected.

 

The reality of what happened a few minutes ago was unexpected. She claims to love Baekhyun, but she felt it was right when she took Kris's side earlier and hurt Baekhyun.

 

I can't let this happen, she simply can't have Baekhyun because he's not an object.

I will make sure I frustrate her that she would end up regretting telling me about her plans. I will ruin her no matter what it takes.

 

"Lani what's going on?." Yixing asked and I looked at him and shook my head.

 

"Nothing, why asking?"

 

"Because you were staring into a blank space, and this is the first time I've seen you like this. Is everything okay?" He asked, clearly concerned about me and I smiled at him.

 

"Sure, everything is fine," I said and he narrowed his eyes at me, but he nodded.

 

"If you say so. Anyways, I have an important meeting with an old friend, please go shopping with Jia. I'm sure you will like it more." He said and I simply nodded.

 

"Sure," I said and he left. A few minutes later Jia showed up with a bright smile and I had to return the smile despite being in a bad mood.

 

"Hello Lani, shall we get going?" She asked calmly and I nodded.

 

"Sure."

 

The ride to the mall wasn't even up to fifteen minutes, which means it wasn't that far from the hotel.

The mall was huge and beautiful. It has so many beautiful dresses that I couldn't just pick out the perfect dress for tonight's party.

 

It was quite difficult to select a nice dress for a party, probably because it was my first time attending a party.

 

"Having problems selecting a nice dress?" I heard Baekhyun asking, and I thought I was now hearing voices.

I swiftly turned in the said direction and I saw Baekhyun smiling softly at me.

 

"Baekhyun? You're here?" I asked and he nodded.

 

"Yes. So are you having trouble with what to buy?"

 

"Yes. I can't seem to select a perfectly nice dress."

 

"Well, I can help you with that, but you will have to do a little favor for me. Agreed?" He asked in a calm tone and I agreed.

 

"Sure, I will."

 

"Alright then. I will tell you what it is after tonight's party. Now let's get you the perfect dress." Baekhyun said calmly. He looked through the dresses and he pulled out a bodycon long gown with a mixture of red and black and he brought it up to my face.

 

"How about this?" he asked, and the moment I saw it, I loved it immediately.

 

"It's perfect, I love it." 

 

"I know you would." Baekhyun smiled and turned to a lady who seemed to be in charge of the section.

 

"Sana, come over here and package this dress quickly," Baekhyun said and the lady ran up to him and bowed in respect.

I was shocked when the lady attended to Baekhyun with so much respect.

 

"Yes boss, I will do that now." She took the dress and left quickly.

 

"She just called you boss, so does that mean that this is your mall?" I asked and Baekhyun nodded calmly at me.

 

"Yes, this is my mall. Well, I have to be on my way now. See you tonight." He caressed my back and left.

 

I stood like a fool, looking at him till he was out of sight, but his touch on my back lingered and I loved the feeling.

 

🕉🕉🕉

 

I stood beside the mirror in my room staring at my reflection, and I looked so perfect. The dress Baekhyun picked out for me was just the perfect size of my body, and it hugged me tightly that it perfectly defined my body figure and I love it.

 

My hairstylist made my hair all curly so that I look nothing like my old self.

 

"You look so beautiful Lani, I bet your dance partner will be shocked when he sets his eyes on you," Jia said and my heart dropped in disappointment when she made mention of my dance partner.

 

I would have been happier if Baekhyun was my dance partner, but no. It was Kris instead.

 

"Thanks, Jia." I smiled at her and she left the room with her kit after giving me a goodnight hug.

 

I stole a glance at the clock, and it was almost 9:00 p.m. I sighed deeply and slowly made my way out of my room. The moment I stepped out of my room, I saw Yixing staring at me as if he just saw a ghost or something more shocking.

 

"Oh my God! Our Lani looks so beautiful. And your dress is pretty expensive. You're so beautifully perfect dear." Yixing said and I felt so shy that I had to lower my head and mutter a thank you.

 

"Let's get going, I can't wait to see you shine tonight," Yixing said and we both left for the party.

 

The party hall was crowded with different faces. Yixing already made his way inside the party, but I stood by the entrance, suddenly feeling the anxiety crawling up my system.

 

For some reason, Jane's words started recalling in my head and I found myself feeling so little with the tone at which she presented her plans to me as if I was a nobody.

 

I took a deep breath, trying to put myself together, but I felt a familiar hand around my waist, and I smiled and quickly lifted my head, and there he was. He has a gentle smile gracing his face, his suit a perfect mixture of red and black, and his expression was so bright that I couldn't take my eyes away from him.

 

"Your look mesmerizing Lani. You're beautifully perfect and your stunning appearance is such that I can't even take my eyes off you." Baekhyun said calmly while looking me directly in the eyes, and I blushed so hard.

 

"Thank you Baekhyun. You look so handsome as ever." I muttered and he smiled.

 

"Thanks."

 

I couldn't take my eyes off him and I stared at him like a fool, but he reached his hand to my face and gently caressed my cheek with his right hand.

 

"Lani, will you be my dance partner tonight?" He asked calmly that I felt my heart beating faster than its normal rate.

I never gave Kris an answer, so now I'm ready to do that.

 

"Yes Baekhyun, I will be your dance partner tonight," I replied, my eyes fixed on his eyes, and his lips made the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

 

"Thank you, Lani." He said and I smiled at him.

 

"But how did you know that I was the one standing here? You could have easily hugged another lady's waist mistakenly."

 

"I don't need to see your face before recognizing you. I can spot you out in the crowd." Baekhyun caressed my cheeks and he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

 

"Shall we go in now?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

 

"Yes," I said and we made our way into the party.

 

Yixing smiled on seeing me and he gave me a thumbs up.

I felt so happy that Baekhyun was my dance partner. I felt butterflies dancing in my stomach. I wanted to hug him and bury my face against his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat.

 

I saw Kris walking up to me smiling, but the moment he looked at Baekhyun, he frowned.

 

"Hello Lani, you look so beautiful." Kris complimented.

 

"Thank you," I said in a low voice. I looked at Baekhyun and I was met with his longing eyes staring at me as if I was ice cream or pizza.

 

I was greatly embarrassed that very moment that I had to caress Baekhyun's hand on my waist to get his attention and it worked.

He blinked his eyes twice before smiling down at me.

 

"Sorry baby, I was lost in your beauty." He said it as if we were the only ones there. But then, something caught my notice from what he had previously called me baby. 

 

Did he just address me as a baby? 

 

My head started spinning, and I felt this lovely feeling in my heart, and God I loved the feeling so much. I looked at Baekhyun and then my finger, and I noticed that I was slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter