Chapter 10 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Baekhyun

 

Lani slept soundly throughout the rest of the movie with her head resting on my shoulder.

 

The movie was over, and everyone left, but I couldn't leave. Lani seemed quite tired and I just couldn't wake her up.

 

The day was getting dark, so I was left with no other choice than to carry her back to the car in a bridal style.

 

She looks tough and hard, but in my arms she was very light and weightless.

 

"Sir. is she alright?" My driver asked when he saw me approaching. I guess he was shocked at the sight.

 

"She's fine, just sleeping." I adjusted her in my arms and gently sat her in the car.

 

"Take us home."

 

"Yes Sir." 

 

The ride home was quiet, and Lani was sleeping soundly till we arrived home. I carried her out of the car and laid her down on the bed in one of the rooms, and afterwards, I went back to my room.

 

I can't deny the fact that I quite enjoyed today's outing. It was uplifting, and Lani played a major role in making that happen. 

 

She never gave up on me despite my rude attitude towards her, rather she stood by me and taught me that staying angry will only ruin me.

 

"Hello hot stuff, how did the outing go?" Asked Sehun who just jumped out from God knows where with a chicken lap in his hand and a cup of orange juice.

 

Shutting him out would be a very good idea at the moment, but I don't think it would work on a man like Sehun who is damn ready to go to any length to get what he wants.

 

"The outing was refreshing and it uplifted my spirit. Now if you don't mind I need to rest, tomorrow is a very busy day for me, and I need all that rest I can get."

 

"Of course, you really do need to." Sehun smiled and lifted the chicken in his hand up and he wiggled it at me.

 

"By the way, this tastes good." He winked at me and walked out of my room.

 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉

 

Lani

 

The bed felt so soft beneath my body, and the room has an addicting scent that makes me feel like sleeping longer.

 

I feel so comfortable in this soft bed, but then I was curious as to where I am, and I quickly blink my eyes open.

 

I looked at my surroundings and it was quite obvious that I wasn't in my room. For a moment my heart skipped in fear, maybe I've been kidnapped.

 

I stepped out of the so tempting bed and approached the huge door, but my phone had to ring out at this moment.

I quickly picked up the ringing phone and on seeing the caller ID, manager Yixing, a smile graced my lips.

 

"Hello Yixing Sir. where are you?" I asked softly while looking at the beautiful mirror in the room.

 

"Are you asking me such a question?" he sounded a bit pissed and that was clearly understandable.

 

"I just got a call from your boyfriend Mr Byun, and he told me that you spent the night in his house. Why didn't you call to tell me this? Do you even have any idea how scared I was when you didn't return to your apartment last night?" Yixing sounded angry, and I couldn't blame him for that.

 

I recalled all that happened over the previous day when Baekhyun and I went to the park, and how I ended up sleeping while watching my favorite frozen movie.

 

"I'm so sorry Sir, it was all my fault."

 

"Save the explanation for later and get here right now, something important just came up." He hissed and ended the call.

 

I picked up my bag and headed out of the room, but I accidentally bumped into Baekhyun on my way.

 

He staggered backwards and regained his stand. He looked at me with questioning eyes before sighing.

 

"Why the rush? Did something happen?" Baekhyun asked while staring at me in a strange manner.

 

To be honest, I expected him to yell at me or just walk away, but he didn't and I was glad about that.

 

"Good morning Mr Byun. My manager, Mr Yixing just called me right now, and he sounded quite angry, so I have to go now."

 

Baekhyun glanced at his wristwatch and he looked back at me.

 

"I'm heading to the office right now, come I will drop you off at your apartment." He said and walked away, and I hurriedly followed him behind.

 

We made it outside his mansion and I ran towards his white car, the one we used yesterday, but he bypassed it and walked over a black limousine, and he got into it.

 

I stood there staring at the limousine like a fool. I never imagined that I would ever see a real limousine in my whole life, but here I am, about getting into a limousine.

 

"Are you going to stare all day or get in? I'm running late for an important meeting." Baekhyun said and I quickly got into the limo, and the driver drove off.

Everything seemed so different from a normal car. It has a television, and it was big enough for me to lay on.

 

"Wow, this is so beautiful and great. I've always heard about how cool a limousine is, and right now I'm sitting inside it!" I screamed in excitement while touching the television and I heard Baekhyun chuckling.

 

I looked at him and I realized that I've been so noisy since I got into the Limo.

"I'm so sorry." I apologize, but he shook his head.

 

"It's okay, I'm not angry." He smiled and changed the channel.

 

"I've never met anyone as straightforward, open and naive as you. You say exactly what comes into your mind without thinking about it, and that's quite amazing you know."

 

"Thank you." I said calmly.

 

"Don't thank me Miss Park, I just told you the simple truth." He looked out through the window and then back at me.

 

"We're at your apartment, I guess this is where we part ways for the day."

 

I looked around and he was indeed correct.

"Yes sir, it is." I picked up my bag and I got down from the limo.

 

"I'm so sorry for sleeping during the movie yesterday."

 

"It happens, so don't apologize to me." He put on his dark glasses and the driver started the engine.

 

"Bye Miss Park, and I had a great time yesterday." He smiled and the driver drove off.

 

Hearing Baekhyun say those words gave me great joy. At least I didn't fail him.

I turned around and stared at my apartment door and I slowly walked inside.

 

I was expecting to hear Yixing yelling and scolding me, but it didn't happen, rather he was busy on the phone and he really did look so tense.

 

I stood still, waiting for him to be done with his call. I felt my heart beating so hard in my chest when he made yet another call after ending the previous call.

What if they just ended my contract, or did something terrible happen? I just couldn't understand a single thing.

 

Yixing sighed as he ended the call and turned around to me and he frowned.

 

"You little brat, what on earth were you thinking that you couldn't even give me a call last night? I almost had a heart attack because of your foolish behavior." He didn't yell, but he kept it low and I did feel bad for making him so worried.

 

I lowered my head and walked closer to him.

"I'm so sorry boss. I went to the park with Baekhyun, and I slept off so he took me home afterwards. I'm so sorry." I apologize even though I know that my apology won't change a single thing.

 

"That's alright, get ready we're leaving for China by nightfall." He plainly said and turned to leave but I ran towards him and stood in front of him.

 

"Leaving for China? Why is that so Sir? Have I done anything wrong?" I asked softly, but my eyes were already full with tears.

 

Yixing sighed and looked at me. "You're not in trouble Lani, you were selected amongst the ten lucky ladies to contest for Miss Asia beauty pageant and the winner will be the Face of Asia. So you're to leave tonight so that we can get your hotel room ready before the host of the show arrives. If not , you will be disqualified before it even gets started."

 

"What!" I screamed and Yixing flinched and he hit his head against the door.

 

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Yixing sir, I didn't mean to scare you, but, what! How did this happen? How did a low girl like me get selected?" I asked as I couldn't understand a single thing.

 

"Well, I filled in your name and every other detail, believe me I was also shocked when you were selected. Let's just call it your fate." Yixing turned to leave, but I couldn't contain the happiness within me that I back hugged him.

 

"Thank you so much Yixing sir, I will forever be grateful to you."

 

"It's okay, I consider you like the sister I never had, so please don't mess this up and make me proud." He smiled and left.

 

The moment Yixing left, I screamed loudly in excitement and jumped on my couch, dancing and jumping happily.

I've always dreamt of becoming a model, and now more bigger opportunities are coming my way.

 

I jumped down and the television to see if I could learn a little bit about the Asia beauty pageant. I sat on the floor which is usually my favorite spot and I glued my eyes to the screen, waiting for just about anything about the pageant, but to my greatest surprise I saw the picture of Baekhyun and myself in the headlines.

 

*The president of Korea's biggest Diamond Jewelry Company, Byun Baekhyun and the gorgeous beautiful model Park Lani were spotted kissing in the cinema and they both looked so adorably cute together.*

 

I was shocked to my bones when I saw the headlines. I was trying to get a hold on the situation, thinking that maybe it was just a fabricated lie, but the video played right in my eyes.

 

I saw Baekhyun my lips in his, kissing me as if his whole life depends on it.

I looked deeper, and I noticed that I was sleeping when he kissed me with such passion.

 

This can't be true, maybe Jinhee and Choi came around that was why he did that. I know Baekhyun, and he would never kiss me without a reason.

 

I turned off the television and left my apartment. I have to find out what happened, why he kissed me and why he never told me about it.

I wanted to use public transportation, but after the news, it would be so foolish of me to do that.

 

I ended up using a taxi and I went straight to Baekhyun's company. I was granted free access since everyone already knows me as Baekhyun's lover.

 

I was directed to his office by his secretary and when I got to his office, I knocked on the door twice.

 

"Come in." I heard his deep voice and I made my way into the office.

 

He looked at me with an expressionless face and looked away.

"Why are you here?" He asked calmly while signing on a file.

 

I refused to be intimidated by his cold looks and I walked up to him and stood in front of him. He might have a good reason why he kissed me.

 

"I just saw the news about us, so I'm curious to know why you kissed me yesterday." I asked while looking at him.

 

He didn't say a word, rather he dropped the pen in his hand and he looked at me.

"Why did I kiss you?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

 

"Well, I kissed you just because you looked pretty attractive, so beautiful, so perfect with such tempting lips. Is that what you want to hear?" He chuckled and stood up.

 

"Miss Park I kissed you because the love of my life Jinhee was there, and what I'm doing right now is to get her back, so don't get all worked up and play your role well." 

 

"Get all worked up? I only came here to ask you why you kissed me because I was confused and left in the dark, so why are you saying I'm getting all worked up?" I asked, but just then Jinhee walked up to our table and stood beside Baekhyun.

 

"Hello Baekhyun, please can I have a word with you?" She asked softly while rubbing Baekhyun's chest in circles.

 

Seeing what she was doing, I know that I had to act fast to save Baekhyun and make our relationship look pretty real.

 

"Excuse me lady, but as you can see I'm in the middle of something with my boyfriend, so you can come back later" I said while looking at Jinhee, but to my greatest surprise, Baekhyun cut in.

 

"Let her stay and say what she has to say, I hope you don't mind?" He asked me with coldness in his eyes.

At that moment I felt so ashamed of myself. The person I'm trying to help wasn't even playing alone.

 

"Sure, go on." I said and sat on one of his chairs.

 

Baekhyun said nothing, but focused all his attention on Jinhee, it was as if I was totally invisible, but the truth is I really didn't care.

 

"Please, if you don't mind, can your girlfriend excuse us? I really need to talk to you privately." She said in a seducing tone, "Please Baekhyun."

 

"Of course." Baekhyun muttered. He looked at me and then at that door.

 

"Please excuse us." He said, looking me in the eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter