Chapter 14 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lani

 

His kisses were nothing like the previous times we kissed. This time around it was deeper, filled with promises and hope of a better future.

He slowly pulled away from the kiss and he hugged me.

 

"With you in my life, I feel worthy of who I am and what I've become. I never knew what self-confidence meant until you stepped into my life." He said in a softer tone and he slowly pulled away from the hug and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead against mine.

 

"Lani you're my saving grace, the light to my darkness, my joy, my happiness, and the queen of my heart. I love you, Lani." He said and kissed me, but it was a quick kiss on the lips and he pulled away and kissed my nose.

 

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck and it was my turn to let him know that he means the world to me.

 

"And you're the one that holds the key to my heart. You mean the world to me, and I can't imagine what my life will be like without you in it. You're also my saving grace." I kissed him and he smiled into the kiss and I slowly pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

 

"I love you my Baekhyun, and I won't let any harm come your way."

 

"I love you more Lani, and I promise to protect you with everything in me." He kissed my forehead and led me to the table.

 

"I think it's time to have our dinner, I'm hungry and I know you are as well." He said and I chuckled. 

 

"Of course, I'm starving seriously," I said and he pulled out the chair for me to sit down and after that, he also sat down.

 

We had a lovely dinner, and Baekhyun was so happy. I've never seen him so happy, and it gave me great joy.

We had small talks about little things until I felt so tired and sleepy, and Baekhyun also looked stressed out.

 

He called for room service to clean up the room, and when the lady was done with the job she left.

 

"Please go shower, I need to call Yixing, he might be worried about me," I said and he nodded with a smile.

 

"Sure." He said and headed towards the bathroom.

I made a call to Yixing and explained things to him, but he was okay with it.

 

We talked at length, and by the time I was done making the call, Baekhyun was already done bathing.

 

I also had my bath and changed into my nightgown in the huge spacious bathroom. Baekhyun had already prepared everything. I couldn't stop smiling when I recalled all that happened between Baekhyun and me.

 

I stepped out of the bathroom while drying my hair with a towel, but I suddenly became worried when I saw Baekhyun working on God knows what in his laptop.

He needed rest, at least for just one night without doing anything business-related.

 

I approached him and slowly closed his laptop while sitting on his lap.

He looked at me and smiled before caressing my thighs.

 

"You need to take a break from work, it's affecting your health. Please come to bed, you need to rest, please."

 

"I will Lani. Thanks for always looking out for me. I'm just used to only working and nothing else, but I will do as you've said and have a lot of rest from now on." he kissed my nose and I smiled and stood up.

 

"Thank you for that. Let's go to bed." I said and he nodded.

We both climbed into the bed and lay on the huge king-size soft fluffy and welcoming bed.

 

We faced each other and Baekhyun was just staring at me as if I was some television screen, and I just let him have his way. 

 

He smiled and pulled the blanket over our bodies and he kissed my forehead. immediately I noticed that he was disturbed by something, maybe his parents.

 

"Are you thinking about your parents?" I asked and he sighed.

 

"Yes, I am. My mom called me earlier, and I still can't understand how she got my contact. She said that she needs to see me, that it's urgent." He sighed yet again and I held his hand and caressed it.

 

About the contact, I think Jane is behind it all. She gave them Baekhyun's contact just to make Baekhyun sad or something I can't fathom.

 

"Why does she want to see you? Did she say something about it?"

 

"Yes, she did. She said that my Dad needs a huge amount of money, but I didn't say much, rather I kept mute but her next choice of words was so hurting.

She said that's all l can do for them, since I've never been the perfect son they wanted." He lowered his eyes and I felt bad for him. 

 

How can a mother say such words to her flesh and blood? I would rather be alone than to have such wicked evil parents.

 

"I'm so sorry Baekhyun, you deserve better than this, and not pain in any way. Please don't let her words get to you, I need you to be strong. You and I are going to visit them, so don't think too much." I said and he smiled at me.

 

"Are you coming along with me?"

 

"Yes, I will go wherever you go except you don't want me to, then it's okay with me," I said and he shook his head.

 

"No Lani, I want you to come along with me. It will uplift my spirit and give me strength when I need it." He said and I leaned closer to him and rested my head on his arms.

 

"I will do anything to make you happy, no matter what it takes," I said and we both smiled at each other.

 

"Me too." He whispered.

 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉

 

The morning came, and we both had our breakfast and got ready to see Baekhyun's parents.

 

They had already arranged the meeting in one of China's biggest hotels, and they had no idea that the hotel belonged to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun looked nervous, and I understand why he feels that way, but I can't let him keep feeling that way. He went through a lot in the past, and I think it's time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter