Chapter 15 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kris

 

I didn't see this coming. The main reason why I picked Lani for the show was for my interest. I wanted her for myself, but I never knew that Baekhyun would turn out to be a smart , and now that so-called friend of his, Sehun, is spreading the Internet with Lani's elimination from the show because she's dating Baekhyun who happens to be one of the judges.

 

"! This is insane. How come the public is strongly against us and in support of Baekhyun and Lani!" I yelled and switched off the television. I just couldn't take it anymore, and literally, every news channel and entertainment channel were all into the issue and the surprising thing is that they're all in support of Lani to stay.

 

"We have to double our game if we must get what we want. The Internet will eventually calm down, just give it some time. I can still remember how the news about Baekhyun and Lani being in a relationship took over the Internet, but after a little while people forgot about it." Jane said and I frowned at her.

 

"Were they already in a relationship before now?" I asked because I never knew about this, I'm just hearing it now.

 

"Yes. Deeply in love. How come you didn't know about it despite being in this country." Jane asked in a mocking tone and I shook my head in disappointment.

 

"Are you insane Jane? Why didn't you tell me in the first place? And yes I only saw her picture when her entry form was submitted. You of all people should know that I just got back from London, so how am I supposed to know that they're already in a relationship?" I asked in a high tone and I felt my heading hurting so badly.

 

"What have you done to me, Jane? You just made me look like a fool to the public. Here I was thinking that Baekhyun and Lani only started dating under my nose." I caressed my forehead as if it would ease the pain, but it didn't.

 

"You only used me, Jane, you knew that I had no idea about Baekhyun and Lani and you used me to hurt my friend and business partner."

 

"So? What if I used you? All I want is to have my Baekhyun and you have your Lani, and I hope we're going to go with the plan?" Jane asked and I hated myself for falling into her trap. I don't want love this way, I can't have another man's woman like mine, that's not who I am. I have to set things right before I ruin my life and that of Lani's.

 

"I'm sorry Jane, but I'm no longer interested in this nonsense. I'm not as heartless and selfish as you are,  I'm going to set things right, and you should as well."

 

I felt so ashamed and low, and I left my apartment. I need to set things right and back in place. 

 

Lani

 

I was having a busy and tiring day, and it wasn't giving me the happiness I wanted. 

 

So many calls, so many companies wanting to sign up for a contract with me,  while many were sending messages of encouragement to me regarding my elimination from the beauty pageant show. 

 

I got up from my bed and showered. I always feel so good after having a nice shower. I was about to get dressed when I got another call,  but it was from the love of my life, Baekhyun.

 

A calm smile graced my lips and I quickly picked it up. 

 

"Hello sweetheart, how are you? " He asked and I smiled. 

 

"I'm good, but my day has been pretty stressful and not so good. You?  What are you doing? " I asked and I heard him chuckle softly.

 

"I'm homesick and missing you so much.  Can you come over or should I come and pick you up, let's have dinner to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter