Chapter 3 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 3]

 

Baekhyun

 

Lani looked at me, the expression on her face was priceless. I know that she's shocked by what I just said and it's understandable. 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Do I need to repeat myself, Miss Park? I believe you heard me correctly and clearly. " My voice remained steady while starting at her. I knew exactly what I wanted, and luckily enough I'm sitting in front of my key, just a little away from it.

 

Lani blinked twice, and she stood up angrily. "I am leaving, right now." Her voice sounded pissed and I understand what she's feeling. However, I need my woman back and she needs to become a model, it's a matter of choice either of us has to make.

 

"Here," I cut in, "Here's, my business card, you shouldn't consider this as an insult or whatever trash you're thinking about now. This is nothing but business, so I advise you to think carefully with a clear head before turning done this offer. I am a man whose single phone call can turn your life around and bring your fantasy into reality." I made my points clear and let her know of the power I hold when it comes to fame.

 

She stared at me for a while and later on, she took the card without meeting my eyes and she walked away.

 

Lani

 

The very moment I left the office, I stopped walking to give myself a moment to comprehend what just happened. I felt sad and angry, but one thing I couldn't understand was why the hell did I accept this card from Mr. Baekhyun. He's an arrogant man just by the way he speaks, but I just couldn't forgo the card.

 

I took a taxi home, I need to actually clear my head and think properly. When I reached my apartment, I made my way into the small room and slammed the door shut behind me. I am seriously pissed at myself for taking this card, j should have walked away without taking that damn card. I walked straight to my bedroom and lay on my back, staring at my uncle's picture on the wall.

 

"I hate you, uncle! and I hate you Baekhyun!" I yelled so hard that my voice came out louder than I thought. "I hate the world!" I screamed in frustration, everything just didn't seem right to me.

 

"Then get lost, idiot! you're disturbing the peaceful night for everyone!" The elderly man, next door, yelled back. He's always against loud noises and I had to quickly apologize to him.

 

"I'm so sorry Sir." I apologized for my behavior but get no reply from the man. 

 

I sigh and step out of the bed, walking effortlessly towards the window. I made a halt and looked at the dark sky and suddenly a soft smile gracing my face.

 

The night is so beautiful and the sky is full of bright and shining stars. The lovely night air hitting against my tender skin, made me come to a state of peace, both in mind and body.

 

"So beautiful," I muttered, reaching out my hand through the window to feel the coldness of the night. 

 

At that point, I thought about myself and realized that life has never been easy for me, but I've always tried my possible best every time to make things work out as I wish, despite what I had to go through in the process.

 

I stayed there for a while, thinking about how I pushed my limits just to be in Seoul to fulfill my dream of becoming a model. I knew exactly what I had to go through the very first day I arrived in Seoul, and I'm not going to let my suffering go to waste like that by rejecting the opportunity from Mr. Baekhyun.

 

It's only a fake marriage contract after all. It's not like he's going to order me around or tell me what to do and what not to. Besides, after the 6 months are over, it will be over and we will go our separate ways.

 

I'm not the type to take what life negatively gives me, but I believe in staying positive and clear about everything.

 

I nodded at the thought in my head and pulled the window close as I headed back to my bed. "I will see Mr. Baekhyun tomorrow, I must turn my dream into reality." 

 

                    

                   🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺


 

As the digital clock blared it's a tuneless alarm, I immediately slammed the snooze button with my hand while mumbling a few times with my eyes still closed. Ten more minutes for my beauty sleep, I decided. 

 

It's not as if I'm a working-class lady, so there will still be time to shower and also to grab breakfast or coffee before going to Mr. Baekhyun.

 

The alarm sounded again five minutes later, and I staggered out of the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter