Chapter 12 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! Please I posted the link to my new story in my second account at the author's note below. Please check the story out and show it some love and support, pleaseeeee ❤ Thank you so much 🙏🏻

___________________________________________________

Baekhyun

 

The sound of my ringing phone woke me up. I yawned as I sat up and when I picked up my phone I felt like slamming it to the wall when I saw that it was Jinhee calling.

 

I looked at Lani and she was sleeping soundly. She looked so calm and beautiful and I suddenly felt my heart beating faster.

 

I shook my head and smiled at the newfound feeling. I gently caressed her face before getting up from the bed.

 

My phone kept on ringing and just the thought of Jinhee calling made me mad. Exposing Jinhee and her husband was all I wanted to do, and I must make sure I do that once it's bright. 

Today will definitely be her last day in the pageant show.

 

I took my laptop and did some research on Jinhee and Choi's personal life, and there I saw it all. It occurred to me that I've been nothing but a fool this whole time. I never did a background check on Jinhee, and now it almost cost me my life.

 

Well, it's better late than never, so I'm going to make her pay for making a fool out of me. 

I saved the pictures and went back to bed since it was just past three in the morning.

 

I felt a soft and familiar hand caressing my forehead and I blinked my eyes open only to come face to face with Lani.

 

She was smiling beautifully and also dressed.

 

"Good morning Baekhyun. Did you sleep well?" She asked.

 

"Yes, I did." I said and sat up and she sat closer to me.

 

"That's good. I just felt your forehead and your health is improving." She said and glanced at her wristwatch and then back at me.

 

"I've prepared your breakfast. Please eat and rest properly." She said and I nodded. I know that it's time for her to leave, but it kinda made me sad.

 

"So, that means you're leaving now, right?" 

 

"Yes. Yixing just called and he said that Kris wants to meet with all of us by ten this morning, so I have to leave now." She said and I nodded. I almost forgot about the party tonight.

 

"Alright Lani. Thank you so much for your kindness, I'm grateful." I got up and hugged her.

 

"Please don't thank me. You're my friend and that's what friends do, right?" She said and pulled away from the hug.

 

"Please take care, I have to leave now." She picked up her bag and left in a hurry.

 

The moment she was gone, I sighed and sat down on the bed. I suddenly felt empty and lonely again.

 

I stared at a particular direction for a while before picking my phone and I gave Kris a call. I really have to get Jinhee and her husband out of the show at all costs.


 

Lani ​​​

I arrived at my hotel and I saw Yixing standing next to my room door, but he was busy talking to someone on the phone, and it seems like it was business related.

 

I remained silent, observing him as he spoke and I noticed that he has small lips and beautiful eyes. I smiled and looked away, but my mind suddenly went straight to Baekhyun and the intense kiss we shared last night and I became a blushing mess.

 

The thought of Baekhyun and I kissing without the excuse of putting on a show gave me butterflies in my stomach while smiling like a child.

 

"I know that smile Lani." Yixing said as he approached me, but the funny thing is that I just couldn't stop smiling at all. I was totally addicted to my new found feelings.

 

"Tell me, did something happen between you and Baekhyun?" he asked and I slowly nodded in response like a fool.

 

"What? You two had ?" Yixing asked in a low tone and my eyes doubled in size on hearing what Yixing just asked.

 

"? No no, we didn't."

 

"But you said something happened between you two, and you were blushing. Tell me what's going on?"

 

"Nothing sir, just that I can't get Baekhyun's thoughts off my mind." I muttered and I started smiling unknowingly.

 

"Oh, that's natural then. It happens between lovers, so it's no big deal. Now come, let's have our breakfast and then get ready for the beauty show this morning."

 

"Alright sir, I will just shower quickly and come down for breakfast." I rushed into my room and quickly showered and changed into a simple dress. 

 

I hurried to Yixing's room, and as expected, I saw him talking to someone on the phone again.

I decided to walk over to the window to have a view of the city, and indeed the spot was great to have a nice view of the city.

 

I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the surrounding, but a familiar car that just arrived caught my attention.

 

I moved closer to the window to know if my thoughts were right or not. I slid the window open and there I saw Baekhyun. He stepped out of his car and I smiled.

 

He looked so handsome and smart as ever, and he was looking much better than this morning.

 

"Lani, you have a pending contract back in Korea with a big company!" Yixing yelled right into my ears and I had to jump in shock.

 

"My ears!" I yelled and he chuckled.

 

"Well I've been talking to you, but you seemed to be carried away by the arrival of your boyfriend. Sorry Lani, but you left me no other choice." He winked and I frowned. I felt like punching the hell out of him, but I couldn't.

 

"Well, I guess I am indeed blessed, right?"

 

"You sure are dear. Now come let's have our breakfast, I'm so hungry." He said and we both left his room and headed straight to the hotel dining room.

 

On getting there, I saw Baekhyun, Kris and Jane sitting opposite our table, and they seemed to be having a serious talk.

I couldn't take my eyes off Baekhyun as he was looking just too good.

 

"Hey Mrs Byun, please focus. I'm hungry as it is." Yixing said and I blushed shyly.

 

"Please stop teasing me already." I muttered and he chuckled. He picked up one item from the menu and gave it to me one.

 

"Then stop making your love for him so obvious, I can't help but notice it." He said in a joking tone and I sighed. 

 

Yixing thinks I'm in love with Baekhyun, but what he doesn't know is that I'm not. I only care for him and I don't just want him to get hurt again.

 

I said nothing else to Yixing, and I selected my breakfast.

Yixing retrieved the menu from me and handed it over to one of the waiters.

 

Once the guy was gone, I sighed and looked at Baekhyun before looking at Yixing who seemed to be busy with his notepad.

 

"Yixing sir, can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure, go on." He said without looking at me.

 

"Well it's regarding Baekhyun and his appearance."

 

"His appearance? what do you mean?" 

 

"I just want to know what you think about Baekhyun. Does he look like a happy person or not? Please be honest with me."

 

Yixing dropped his notepad and looked at Baekhyun for a while and then back at me.

 

"Well, he always looks sad. Ever since I knew Baekhyun, I've always known him to be a sad man."

 

I sighed and nodded my head. "Thanks for being honest with me sir."

 

"You're welcome." He said, but couldn't stop looking at me.

He reached out his hands to mine and gently caressed them.

 

"Lani, you can always sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter