Chapter 8 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BAEKHYUN

 

I never knew that I was this famous until now. Ever since the video was sent to the media, I've been receiving millions of calls and it's really a pain in the neck.

 

Sehun is really helping me out, and for that I'm so grateful. He stood by me throughout my time of sadness and pain. He was always there to make me feel worthy after Jinhee broke up with me.

 

"Baekhyun she's here." Sehun informed me, and immediately I felt my heart beating rapidly in anxiety and tension.

 

What would she say? Would the plan really work or is she here to invite me to her wedding personally?

 

I had so much running through my disturbed mind that I couldn't even put myself together. 

I was really scared, I want this plan to work at all cost no matter what. 

Jinhee is my life and life without her is meaningless.

 

"Sehun I'm scared. What if this plan falls and she hates me even more? What then will I do?"

 

Sehun smiled and shook his head. He came closer to me and tapped my shoulder.

"Baekhyun calm down. To me this plan is perfect, and with what I saw on the video, Lani is far more beautiful and well packed in body structure. She's a queen that many will want as a wife, so calm down and believe in her."

 

"Thanks Sehun, but Jinhee is my everything, so I hope this works out."

 

"It will, just make sure you play along." Sehun said and left the living room, and after a few minutes, I heard the sound of my doorbell.

I was rushing towards the door when Sehun stopped me with a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Don't, you stay back while I get the door. You have a call from the diamond company."

 

"Alright." I heaved a deep sigh and retrieved my phone from Sehun's hand and when I looked at the phone, there was no single call. I looked at Sehun and I smiled.

 

He lied to prevent me from opening the door.

I quickly sat on my chair and pretended to be on the phone with someone.

 

"Oh, Jinhee you're here already?" Sehun said and that was when I heard her lovely voice. The voice that always gave me joy.

 

"I had to. Where is Baekhyun? Is he home?"

 

"Yes, he is. Please come in." Sehun said and she came in. 

I still pretended to be on the phone until I heard her call my name.

 

"Baekhyun." She sounded angry and for some reasons I got scared. What if she's actually here to invite me for her wedding, what if she hates me so much because of this? I was scared, but I sighed and took a deep breath.

 

"Yes?" I turned over and there she was, standing in front of me, looking so beautiful as always.

I felt like running to her and hugging her, raining kissing all over her face and shower her with love and happiness. But then I couldn't. I had a limit and I must play along with the plan else I will ruin it all.

 

"Jinhee? You're here?" I asked and she only shook her head and chuckled angrily.

 

"What's this show all about? Are you doing this just to make me come running to you or make me look pathetic because my lover didn't secure the contract? What's the meaning of this drama?" She asked while glaring at me.

 

For a moment I wanted to grab her hand and speak some well detailed sense into her. To make her understand that I had to do all this just to get her back, but right now I don't feel that way. 

Her pride is really something else and I must do all I can to make her understand me and my feelings for her.

 

"Jinhee dear, I see no reason why you should get all worked up. This is my personal life, and I believe it has nothing to do with you."

 

"Really?" She cut in before I could even continue. "Really? Do you really mean this?" She threw her handbag on the chair and chuckled.

"You know what Baekhyun, you're a liar and a loser who simply can't get over me, and now you resulted to this? How cheap Baekhyun, how cheap." 

 

For a moment her words went deep in me. She was right about me been cheap to do this, to put up this show, but I did all this to get her back. I did all this to make her see that my love for her is way bigger and more pure than she could even imagine.

 

I walked closer to her and stood in front of her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter