Chapter 9 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LANI

 

It took Baekhyun a few minutes and soon he was out, looking smart but uneasy.

 

He wore a dark jeans pants and a long sleeve black shirt, and of course his expensive diamond wristwatch was around his wrist. 

 

He approached me and stood in front of me.

"So, where do you suggest we go?" He asked in a tired tone. 

I know clearly that he was less interested in stepping out of his mansion, but he has no choice anyway.

 

I stood up from the couch and smiled at him.

"Well, you have to choose. Either we go to my favorite eating joint or we go straight to the park. It all depends on what you want and not me."

 

Baekhyun stared at me for a while and then he chuckled softly.

"Really? Did you just say it all depends on what I want?" He came closer to me, our faces was just an inch away. He looked me in the eyes for a short while before shaking his head.

 

"What I want is to stay in my room and rest, but you think it's proper to tell me what to do. I really don't feel like going out to any damn place right now, but since I agreed anyway, I'd say we hit the park." 

 

I smiled gently and slowly moved away from his face because it felt too close as if we were about kissing.

 

"Great choice Baekhyun. The park it is then." I laughed and we both headed out of the house.

The moment we got towards his white car of which I guess is his favorite car, a tall man that appears well dressed came to us and bowed before Baekhyun.

 

"Sir where's your destination?" The man asked and Baekhyun sighed. He looked at me and then at the man. 

 

"Take us to the park." He muttered and we got into the car. The man bowed again before entering the car.

 

The ride to the park took about 45:minutes, and soon we arrived there.

Baekhyun sat put in the car with his legs crossed over other, and his hands crossed against his chest with his eyes closed.

It was clearly written all over his face that he was pissed and in a bad mood.

 

"Baekhyun were here already, let get down please." I tried to sound less noisy around him, or else he'd be more pissed.

 

He slowly blinked his eyes open and he looked at me.

"You're only free to address me as Baekhyun when we're putting on an act, but in times like this, address me with respect, got it?" His tone was deep and his eyes literally unreadable.

 

"Yes Sir, so it shall be from now on." I stepped out of the car with a smiling face and waited a little while before he also stepped out.

 

"You go park the car properly Ken, when we're done I will give you a call." 

 

"Okay Sir." The driver drove off and I was left standing with Baekhyun. He was quiet, and all he did was stare around the busy crowded place.

 

With the look of things, it seems Baekhyun had never been to the park.

 

"Sir please come with me, I know a perfect spot that's less busy and noisy, you will definitely love it." I led him to a place that seemed like a garden. It looked very beautiful with few people around there.

 

"Where is this place?" He asked softly while looking at every single area of the place.

 

"It's a place specially made for those that are not a fan of loud noises." 

Baekhyun only looked at me, but he remained quiet. 

 

We kept on going until we got to the entrance and we made it into the open room with blue windows which of course is my favorite place whenever I visit the park.

 

Baekhyun only glanced at me and when I gestured for him to have a seat.

"Are you hungry Sir?" I asked calmly so I wouldn't provoke him in any way.

 

"No, I'm not." He replied coldly without looking at me. 

At that moment I knew that he was in no position to have fun at all. He's just letting Jinhee's words eat him deeper and deeper that thinking about it pisses him off badly.

 

I know that he needed help both physically and mentally, and I will do all I can to make it happen. after all, he played a big role in making my dream come through.

 

"Alright, I will be back shortly." I stood up and left without waiting for his response because I know he won't reply.

I went to the ordering section and I ordered two cups of chocolate ice cream and some fries.

 

The thought of him made me turn around and looked at him, and indeed he was pretty lonely, staring at a particular area.

 

"Ma'am here are your order." The waiter guy said while smiling at me, and then he looked at Baekhyun and smiled even more.

I was a bit embarrassed, but I returned the smile anyway and walked back to Baekhyun with the tray in my hand.

 

"I got us some ice cream and fries, please don't refuse it." I placed it in front of him and I sat down opposite him.

 

He glanced at the tray in front of him and then at me. 

"But I made it clear that I'm not interested in eating, why don't you listen to Miss Park?" His tone was dry and his eyes filled with anger.

 

I blinked a few times, trying to get my anger and pride out of the way so that I could make him a bit happier or less sad, else I would have long retaliated.

 

"Sir. you have to know that staying angry at yourself is not the best and it won't change anything. You have to brace yourself up and make sure no one sees your weakness or discovers that you're hurting, else they will use that to their advantage and make a fool out of you, thereby hurting you even more."

 

Baekhyun stared at me for a while and then he looked away.

"I'm not hurting Miss Park, and I'm definitely not angry. I just want to be alone and think things through."

 

"Thinking won't change anything Sir, it will only make you sick and lead to something more terrible. Remember what happened to you when you saw Jinhee's engagement to Mr Choi? Have you forgotten that you almost died if not for me?"

 

He glared at me and folded his fist, and his face became so scary.

"Enough of all this Miss Park, I won't have you lecture me on how to live my life. You're just here to play a role in helping me get back my woman, so save your damn lectures or you will be sorry." He stood up and picked up his phone to leave, but then he stopped and looked at me.

 

"I'm going, you can leave if you want to or stay back. I don't have time for this nonsense of yours." He brought out his wallet and I knew that the next thing he was about to do was to drop some money on the table and leave.

 

His words weakened me and also annoyed me at the same time. I also stood up to let him know that I'm doing for everything for him, and that was when I saw Jinhee and Choi walking into the same room we were in.

She had a bright smile on her face and Choi's arms were wrapped around her waist.

 

"Here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter