Chapter 11 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
​​​​​Lani

 

The sight at which I saw Baekhyun wasn't good at all. He looked so broken and weak that he barely made it out of sight.

 

I know exactly what he's going through because I know how bad he's hurting right now, but I can't just let him suffer alone. I know that he really did say mean words to make and treated me like trash, but right now I can't let him suffer mostly now that I know about his weak heart condition.

 

I quickly ran after him, but Yixing came to me and patted me on the back.

 

"Hey Lani, you did a great job today, and you acted so confident. I'm so impressed." He commented and I felt glad hearing those words, but I just couldn't get my mind off Baekhyun. 

 

"Sir, I need to go now, Baekhyun is in danger and I need to help him else he might die." I said quickly and Yixing gasped in shock.

 

"Die? What happened to him? Should I call a doctor?" He asked, but I simply refused.

 

"No sir, I will take care of him. I only disclosed this to you so that you won't be worried about me. Please don't worry, and don't tell anyone, I will be back soon."

 

"Alright, but if things should get worse, don't hesitate to give me a call, please." 

 

"I will." I said and ran off. I had to get to Baekhyun before something bad happened.

I made it outside the company, and I spotted Baekhyun getting into his car still in the same state.

 

I know that driving in such a condition won't be the right thing to do, besides he has no driver with him at the moment.

I ran as quickly as I could and quickly entered the car.

 

"Baekhyun Sir, you can't drive in this state, please let me drive you back to your hotel." I said but he simply ignored me and insisted on driving.

 

I saw this coming to be honest. I know who Baekhyun is from the few times I've spent with him.

He's a man that never wants to show his weakness, he rather chose to suffer silently than let others know about his weakness.

 

What he was about doing isn't the right thing, he's only going to hurt himself even more and give room to his enemies to succeed in killing him.

 

"Baekhyun, I said I will drive! Enough of this attitude you're putting on and let me help!" I yelled at him and he immediately backed off and sat beside me in the front seat.

 

I helped him with the seatbelt, but he refused to meet my eyes.

"I'm sorry for yelling Baekhyun sir, but I can't let you hurt yourself." I sighed when he said nothing, and I rushed back to the driver's seat, and started the engine. 

 

I was driving when he muttered in a weak voice.

 

"I have a building here, check my suit pocket, you will see my wallet. My address is inside." He said with his eyes closed.

 

I did as he said quickly, and I drove him straight to the address. Once we arrived, I helped him out of the car and led him into the big mansion.

I was about to sit him on the couch, but he refused.

 

"Take me to my room please, I need to take my pills and rest." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I quickly helped him and slowly followed the direction.

Getting to his room, I gently helped him sit on the bed.

 

"Where are the pills?" I asked and he pointed towards his bed locker. 

 

I quickly reached for the locker and brought out the packet.

 

"How many?" I asked to prevent overdose.

 

"T-Two." He said, but this time around his breathing was becoming unsteady, and his eyes were slowly giving out.

 

At this point I became really scared. I was about to bring the pills when I noticed that there was no water in his room.

 

I rushed over to him and tapped him on his cheeks, at least that will rejuvenate his body a little.

 

"Baekhyun sir, where is the kitchen? I need to get water for you to take your pills." I was already teased, my voice wasn't steady and tears were in my eyes. He barely looked at me for a while and he smiled softly.

 

"You're impossible, Lani. How can you care so much for me to the extent of even crying after all I did to you?" Baekhyun said and he gently caressed my face, but his hands were so cold. He needs to take his pills now else the worst might happen.

 

I placed my hand against his hand on my face and I rubbed them softly.

"Please Baekhyun sir, tell me the direction to the kitchen, please." I pleaded and he nodded.

 

"It's downstairs by the left." 

 

I quickly rushed out of the room and ran straight to the said kitchen. I wanted to take a bottle of water from the fridge, but then I knew that I would be cold.

 

I looked around, and I saw a carton of bottle water, and immediately, I pulled out one and I also collected one spoon in case I needed to melt the medicine for quicker effects, and I rushed back to Baekhyun's room.

 

On getting to the room, Baekhyun has already passed out on the bed. He looked so pale and so lifeless.

My heart suddenly became heavy. This was exactly Jinhee and Choi's plan, and now this.

 

I stood there watching Baekhyun lying pathetic on the bed. He did nothing wrong to deserve any of what he's going through. All he did was to fall in love just like every other normal person would.

 

"Baekhyun sir," I went closer to him and gently tapped his face. "Please sir, open your eyes. You're better than this, you're a fighter and fighters don't give up so easily. You can't let your enemies get the upper hand in your life, please Baekhyun sir, wake up."

 

I felt so helpless, I don't know why, but it hurt me seeing Baekhyun laying sick on the bed. 

 

"Please Baekhyun sir." I cried bitterly against his feet, praying for a miracle.

 

"Water." He muttered faintly and I quickly rushed back up and uncap the bottle of water.

 

"Here sir," I helped him to a sitting position and placed two pillows on his back.

I brought the water bottle up to his mouth and he drank almost half of the water.

 

I quickly poured a little water on the spoon and melted the two pills in it. I walked over to Baekhyun and sat beside him on the bed.

 

"Please open up and drink your medicine." I said calmly, and he did exactly as I said and he drank it all.

 

"Water." He muttered again, and I quickly gave him the remaining one, and he finished it at a slow pace.

He rested his head against the headset of the bed, and he looked so uncomfortable.

 

I moved closer to him and gently removed his wristwatch from his hand, and then his tie which looked pretty tight, and his suit jacket.

He needs to be free of his tight clothes in order for blood to circulate around the body.

 

I walked over to his closet and brought out a blue V-neck top and I dropped it on his bed.

I took a deep breath as I got closer to him. I looked at him closely, and I discovered that his eyes were shut but his breathing was still very unstable.

 

I slowly ed his white and gold long sleeve shirt, and he blinked his eyes open and looked at me with questioning eyes, but he didn't say a word and I was so glad he didn't.

 

I pulled the shirt off his body and dropped it on the bed.

I grabbed the hem of his singlet and I pulled it gently off his body and I also dropped it on the bed.

 

I recalled when I did this same thing to make a fake love video, thinking that it will help Baekhyun get back his lover, Jinhee, but I was totally wrong. 

I shook my head and sighed, and I picked up the blue top and wore it on him.

 

I reached for his belt and as I was about to remove the belt from his waist, he held my hand while looking at me.

 

"What's this Lani?" He asked in a soft tone. "Are you trying to take advantage of a weak helpless man? If yes, then at least get a , else you might get pregnant. I may be weak, but I'm very active." He said in a playing tone and he smiled softly.

 

I suddenly became shy, but I quickly waved his words off my head. I looked at him and chuckled. 

 

"Dream on Baekhyun sir, but nothing of such is happening. I want to take off your belt in order for blood to circulate around the body perfectly." I shook my head and I heard him chuckle softly and he let go of my hand. I guess he's probably feeling shy after saying those words.

 

I gently removed the belt and one of the trouser bottoms and I stood up. I collected all his clothes from the bed and kept them on different hangers.

 

I came back to Baekhyun and removed the pillows from his back and laid him properly on the huge king size bed and covered his body with the blanket.

I was about to leave the bedside to take the empty water bottle and the spoon to the kitchen, but Baekhyun held my hand.

 

"Thank you Lani, thank you for caring so much about me despite all I did to you." He said with sincerity in his eyes and I smiled.

 

"It's alright sir, it's all in the past now. Please don't talk much and rest, I will prepare something healthy." I smiled and left the room.

 

I didn't even remember that I was hungry until I saw a box of chicken pizza on the kitchen marble table. I could swear that I didn't see it there before, or maybe I was just too tease to notice it.

 

I quickly rushed to the table and sat on one of the kitchen chairs. I was already smiling like a child, and when I opened the pizza box, my smile became brighter.

 

I served myself and ate until my stomach was quite full, and only two slices of the pizza were left.

I didn't really mind, after all I can easily order another.

 

I needed to cook, so I checked the fridge for raw food ingredients, and luckily the fridge was quite full with different types of vegetables, beef, chicken, juice and many more.

With the look of things, it seems Baekhyun did the shopping beforehand or something, but either way, I like it.

I took an apple juice and drank it in one go and I felt so good after drinking the juice.

 

I quickly prepare tomato stew containing different types of vegetables such as green peas, carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, corn, spring onions, white onions and cabbage. All cut nicely.

 

I also fried some beef and chicken, and I cut them into little strips and I added them to the cooking stew.

I also prepared pasta and long grain rice and I set them all aside when I was done with everything.

 

As a side dish or dessert, I prepared tuna and avocado salad and set it in the fridge. That way it will stay fresh till Baekhyun wakes up.

 

I went to the living room when I was done cleaning the kitchen, and I gave Yixing a call. I told him about Baekhyun's health and that I'm staying till he's awake and in good condition, and after making the call, I lay on the couch to catch my breath.

 

I glanced at the wall clock and it was past 11 a.m.

I sighed and looked around the living room, and I noticed that it was so beautiful and well decorated with expensive things and a huge chandelier was in the middle of the living room. 

 

I was so amazed by the beauty of the mansion, and slowly my eyes started becoming weak, and the last thing I saw was the sparkling light in the dining room.


 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉

 

Baekhyun

 

The sound of my phone ringing disturbed my peaceful sleep. I wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone so I just let the phone be and I lay there staring into a blank space.

 

I recalled what happened back then in the dressing room, and at that particular moment reality hit me pretty hard. I never imagined that I would ever have an affair with a married woman in my life.

 

She used me and played with my emotions all because of my money, status and position, and they even had plans of killing me afterwards.

 

At that point I realized that I was like Anna from the frozen movie who was helplessly in love with the prince, and her love for him put her life and that of her sister in great danger.

 

To Jinhee I was nothing but an object, a stepping stone to her success. I loved her so much, she meant the world to me, but right now all I have for her is nothing but pure hatred and disgust.

 

I will make sure she pays for her actions. I got her into the Asia Beauty Pageant, and I know how to get her out of it and also the movie industry.

 

I will reduce her to nothing in society and so shall also be the fate of her worthless husband.

I sat up, and I felt so refreshed but so hungry.

 

I glanced at the clock and it was past four in the evening. 

I stood up from the bed and that was when I noticed the blue top I was wearing, and I smiled.

 

I felt an inner calmness and joy knowing that Lani still cares for me despite all I did to her.

I'm going to make it up to her and treat her with respect from now on.

 

I made my way to the living room, praying and hoping that Lani should still be around, and indeed she was. 

 

She was sleeping so beautifully on the couch and immediately my face was graced with a smile.

I walked closer to her and caressed her face gently and she blinked her eyes open and smiled.

 

"Sorry for waking you up, but you might get a broken neck if you don't go to the room to sleep." I said, but she sat up and hugged me.

 

"I'm so glad to see you Baekhyun sir, I was really scared today, I thought that I was going to lose you." She said softly and I felt glad that she was still here and she does care about me.

 

"But you didn't lose me Lani. I'm still alive because of you, and for that, I'm so grateful." I pulled away from the hug and caressed her face.

 

"Thank you so much Lani, and I'm so sorry for treating you badly. Please forgive me." I pleaded because guilt has been eating me deep ever since I treated her wrongly.

 

She smiled at me, and I wish she never stopped smiling. She looks so beautiful smiling so innocently.

 

"It's okay Baekhyun sir, I've already forgiven you, so let the past stay that way." She stood up and I did the same.

 

"Please come over to the dining room, you must be so hungry." She said and left me behind while she went to the kitchen.

 

I did as she asked and went to the dining room. The aroma of what I was perceiving made me anticipate what was coming my way.

 

She walked in with the tray in her hands and set it in front of me.

I really had the best meal of my life along with the salad she prepared, and I sure did enjoy it.

 
Lani

 

I was about clearing up the table when he offered to help out, but I refused. He wasn't that strong to even stand properly. I can't risk it to make him stress himself out.

 

"Don't worry Baekhyun sir, I will take care of things here. Besides, it's not much of a big deal." I said and took the plates to the kitchen. 

 

I cleaned up everything and set everything at its normal position and went back to the living room.

I was about to sit down to catch my breath when I heard the doorbell.

 

I looked at Baekhyun with questioning eyes but he seemed confused.

 

"Are you expecting anyone?" I asked and he shook his head.

 

"No, I'm not. No one knows this place, not even my so-called parents." He said and to be frank, that was the first time I heard Baekhyun talk about his parents, but not in a good way.

 

"Of course Baekhyun, your parents don't know about this place, but I do." A lady said in a singsong voice as she made her way inside the living room.

 

She has short black hair, heavy dark makeup, red party style spaghetti straps split front sequined short bodycon dress, black heels and a diamond purse. She looks really beautiful, but her body was so exposed in the dress.

 

Baekhyun stood with a surprised expression on seeing her.

"Jane? You're here?" He asked while walking closer to her.

 

"Yes baby, I'm here. Miss me?" She asked, but Baekhyun hugged her tightly.

 

"I missed you Jane. I thought you were never coming back, I thought you were going to stay in America all your life." Baekhyun smiled while pouring out his heart, and I felt pity for him.

 

It seems he really has a roug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter