Chapter 07: Fight Back

Experiment 212: Project EXO

Previously on Experiment 212: Project EXO

Sehun stared at Luhan who was near fainting. Luhan tried to look at Sehun's eye. They both stretched out an arm as if reaching for each other.

"S-Sehun..."


***

"Seokjin! Namjoon! I need them alive!" a man suddenly shouted. The man emerged from the trees revealing himself as the one who tried to stop them from escaping the lab, "Especially that one Seokjin, I don't need you killing number 7."

The man called Seokjin who was holding Luhan had let go of the poor boys neck and let him fall to the ground, "I'm sorry Mr. Lee." Luhan had his head down panting trying to regain his breath.

"Namjoon, put the knife down. I also need that one. Number 4 and 7 are very special specimens I need them alive."

Namjoon removed the knife from Baekhyun's neck and kicked the boy on his knees making him kneel down on the ground.

The man approached Jeongyeon and patted her head, "You did well, now rest." Jeongyeon who was already panting from using her abilities suddenly fell to the ground. "Jeongyeon!" Jihyo shouted worried for the other girl.

"Oh don't worry she's fine. But for someone who has been betrayed you sure do care for her."

"She didn't betray us! You just brainwashed her! I don't know how but I'm sure you did!" Jihyo shouted with an angry look on her face. The man approached her and held her by her neck lifting her from the ground, "Well you sure are smart. Do you want to join Jeongyeon?"

Jihyo clawed at the hand holding her neck to no avail. "Let my daughter go Soo Man!" Jaebum shouted, trying to stand up even with all the wounds.

"Ah number 7-6 nice to see you. Didn't think I'd see you here," Soo Man said. He threw Jihyo near Jaebum making the girl groan. Jaebum scrumbled to take her, wraping his arms around her asking if she was okay.

"Luhan..." Soo Man heard a groan from behind him. He looked behind him and saw Sehun trying crawl his way to Luhan.

"Jungkook hold number 94 and Taehyung bring number 61 besides 94. Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin make sure that the others doesn't escape," he ordered.

Taehyung pulled his knife out of Chanyeol's hand making Chanyeol scream. "Cha-!" Baekhyun's mouth was suddenly covered by Namjoon. Soo Man looked at them and smirked.

"Since you two are the only important ones, I should just kill the others. Even though they're inborn you two are the only one I need," Soo Man stated while looking around.

"Should I kill this two first?" He said motioning to the two struggling boy. Luhan's eyes widened, he tried to wriggle his way out of Seokjin's hold to no avail.

"Let me go! Luhan... Luhan... Let him go..." Sehun stuggled to say. He was to weak to even struggle his way out of Jugkook's hold. He tried releasing a wave of wind but his strength was not enough, he only released a small and weak breeze.

Soo Man chuckled and stepped on Sehun's face, "Or should I kill your friends first?" He stopped stepping on Sehun's face and walked over Yixing. "This ones a good candidate. Should I kill him first?" Soo Man grabbed Yixing's hair and pulled him into a kneeling position. Still pulling on Yixing's hair he dragged a knife on Yixing's jaw, but not putting enough force to create a wound.

Suddenly a fast and sharp water passed Soo Man, he managed to dodge it but his cheek was wounded, blood dripping from it. "Don't touch him," Junmyeon said with venom dripping on his voice.

"Well since you don't want me to touch him. Maybe I should kill you first," Soo Man smirked and threw Yixing to the ground. Motioning for Yoongi to hold Junmyeon.

Yoongi pulled Junmyeon to a sitting position and held his arms behind him. Soo Man dragged the knife on Junmyeon's face, it glided smoothly.

Junmyeon glared at Soo Man and spitted on his face. Soo Man lost his smirk, he wiped the spit of his face with one of his sleeves, "You little ."

Soo Man was about to stab Junmyeon right through his neck when they heard a scream. They all looked at the direction of the voice and saw the man holding Sehin, Jungkook has been struck by a lightning.

They all looked at Jongdae who was standing but he was holding one of his knees, panting. He smirked and shot out another lightning at Jungkook. Hoseok tried to stop him but he was tripped by someone holding his ankle. He looked at the one holding him and saw Minseok smirking weakly at him.

He raised one eyebrow and tried to release his feet. But it was impossible since Minseok had iced his feet to the ground and was growing continuously. Hoseok growled at tried to break the ice with his knife.

Jimin contemplated on who to help, Hoseok who was being iced or Jungkook that was being electrocuted. He let his gaze wander and it landed on Taehyung who was staring at Jungkook with an unreadable expression, his eyes continuously changing from blue to brown.

Jimin watches as Jongdae shots out another lightning at Jungkook, making the latter fall on the ground unconscious. Jongdae also falls on the ground unconscious.

He watches as Taehyung's eyes turn completely brown. Taehyung rushes to Jungkook with wide eyes, "Kookie!" He craddles the other while looking around, "W-what's happening? W-hy a-re we here? Where are w-we?"

Jimin looks at Soo Man who was busy trying to assess the what was happening. He took the time to take of his blue contact lenses, and crush it in his hands.

Everyone was busy looking at Soo Man or at Taehyung and Jungkook. He looks around to search for any unconscious boy. He finds Kyungsoo barely unconscious trying crawl his way to the others.

Jimin tries to help him secretly. When he neared Kyungsoo the other looked scared but when he saw Jimin's eyes he furrowed his eyes and stared at the other. Jimin raises a finger to his lips in shushing motion.

He helps Kyungsoo up and hides him behind a tree, "Stay here I'll try to help the others." Kyungsoo shoots him a wary look but still lets him anyway. Jimin manages to help the others while Soo Man is busy. He managed to help Yifan and Zitao who helped him bring the girls and Jaebum and the others into hiding. Only leaving Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing, Jongin, Junmyeon, and Chanyeol and Sehun who was unconscious and Luhan and Baekhyun who was held captive.

Jimin looks over at Taehyung and Jungkook. Taehyung was crying while holding Jungkook near. Soo Man growls amd curses, "."

"What happened? What's happening?" Jimin hears Kyungsoo whisper beside him. Jimin looks at him and explains, "Taehyung, the one holding Chanyeol-ssi was brainwashed, but when he saw Jungkook get hurt and faint he returned to normal."

"And you?"

"I wasn't brainwashed. The brainwashing didn't affect me and Yoongi. We only wore contact lenses to trick Soo Man," Jimin explained.

As they were talking Soo Man strides over to where Taehyung and Jungkook was. He grabs Taehyung on his neck pulling him up making Jungkook fall on the ground, still unconscious.

"You useless piece of !" Soo Man screamed at Taehyung, his grip tightening.

Meanwhile with Yoongi and Junmyeon. "Can you stand and walk properly?" Yoongi asks. Junmyeon tried to look at him with furrowed eyebrows, but he still nods anyway. "Good, now I'll give you a choice, you can go help your friends left here while Soo Man is distracted or you can go hide with the others behind those trees."

Junmyeon looks around and finally notices that the others were gone, "Why are you doing this?" Yoongi shrugs and removes his contact lenses and threw it on the ground, "I'll explain later, when we successfully escape."

Junmyeon nods and helps Yixing who was the one nearest to him. Yixing looks at him weakly with questioning eyes. Junmyeon just nods at him and drags him to where the others are.

Yoongi tries to creep behind Soo Man but Seokjin suddenly shouted.

"Yoongi! You traitor!"

Yoongi curses and pulls out his knives. Soo Man growls and drops Taehyung who coughed as soon as he was dropped. Soo Man looks around and see's that the others have already escaped.

"I see...So you weren't brainwashed then. Such a pity, you were my best fighters, even without special abilities."

Soo Man looks around one more time his gaze landing on Sehun who lay unconscious. "You leave me no choice then. Since you all are hiding or escaped, I'll just kill this one. This time no more teasing."

Soo Man strides over to Sehun and knife ready to stab the other. Yoongi runs and tries to stop Soo Man before he stabs Sehun.

Baekhyun watches with wide eyes, he stopped struggling against Namjoon and watches in horror.

Luhan felt like the world around him slowed down. He watches as Soo Man's knife slowly nears Sehun's heart.

Slowly...

so so slowly...


When the knife was just a feet above Sehun's heart...

Luhan felt like dying...

"Sehun..."

"NO!"