Chapter 03: Cold Night

Experiment 212: Project EXO

Author's note

Ewwo! (eww not meh) sorry for not updating for so long. I was caught up in school work. And I was busy remembering the choreo me and my friend were practicing. So I kind of forgot? I was supposed to post last sunday but as I have told you I was busy. So yeah. I'll stop rambling now. Once again I'm really sorry.

___________________________________________________________

Previously on Experiment 212: Project EXO

"Wait, if we came from there and the sun raised from my right then we came from the south, so we neednto go to the north," Jongin explained. "Ok then let's go. Jongin lead the way."


***
"Jongin, are you sure this is the right way?" Minseok questioned. Jongin looked back at him confusedly, "Yeah, Why?" Minseok scratched the back of his neck before answering, "Well, I feel like I've seen that tree before. We've been walking for hours, and I feel like we've been goin around in circles." Jongin looks at the tree the Minseok pointed at and sighs,"Your right. I also feel like I've seen that one before." Kyungsoo walks up to him and rubs his back. Jongin smiles apologetically at everyone, "Sorry guys. I thing we're lost."

"Hey, that's fine. We don't know this forest so it's easy to get lost," Jongdae assures him. "Well since we've been walking around for hours and I bet everyones tired why don't we find another place to rest?" Junmyeon states and looks at the boys. He can see the tired look in their eyes.

Minseok and Baekhyun were leaning at each other using the other as a support. Jongdae was leaning againts a tree. Zitao was sitting on a tree root. Yifan was just standing up with his arms crossed but it was evident in his face that he was tired. Yixing looked sleepy. Kyungsoo was leaning against Jongin. While Sehun carried a sleeping Luhan.

"Is that okay?" he ask once more, and the boys nodded. Junmyeon looks at Jongin and nods at him. Getting the signal, Jongin starts to lead the way in finding a new resting place. Jongdae nudges Yixing awake and starts to follow the others.

They walked for a few minutes before they found another clearing. Smaller than the last one, but still a placd to rest. They all searched for a comfortable position to rest. Zitao laid on the grass watching the sky dim, beside him is Jongdae who is curled up while his head rested on his arms. Chanyeol and Yifan sat beside each other, Baekhyun curled up beside Chanyeol, head on Chanyeol's lap. Junmyeon and Yixing sat beside each other, a little far from the others, they were talking about something but it was inaudible. Luhan -who had woken up while they were looking for a place to rest- and Minseok laid beside each other near Jongdae. Jongin and Kyungsoo sat infront of each other, Jongin's face hidden by his hands. While Sehun leaned againts a tree watching everyone.

The sun had come down and stars have filled the sky. It was a bit dark but they have no choice they don't have anything to create fire with. It was also a bit cold, it was noticeable because the boys were already shivering. Like Zitao who cuddled up to Jongdae for warmth, Junmyeon and Yixing who suddenly got closer than before, and a few others. Sehun saw Luhan get up and stride over to him.

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehuns waist and laid his head on his chest. Sehun placed his arms around the boys shoulder and whispered, "Why are you so attached to me?" Luhan only snuggled closer to him and answered, "Well you did take care of me when I was unconscious and it's really cold." Sehun just chuckled and shook his head.

They just stood there in silence. Enjoying each others company. The silence was only broken when Luhan suddenly spoke, "Do you think...Do you think we'll ever get out of here?" He said it so softly, barely audible but Sehun still heard it. "I'll make sure of it...We'll get out of here...alive...with the others." Luhan just nodded and continued cuddling to Sehun.

Junmyeon looks at the two boys who were cuddling by the tree, "They're really close...for a short period of time they've gotten really close...closer than the others." Yixing stared at the two and replied, "It's expected, Sehun did take care of Luhan while he was unconscious. It's normal that Luhan will get attached to Sehun."

Junmyeon just hums in acknowledgement. He looks at the other, but doesn't say anything. Yixing stares at the other confusedly, "What is it?" Junmyeon averts his eyes to the ground for a second before looking back at Yixing, "It's just...I'm just wondering...W-Why are we here? We've been running from that place...but we don't even know why we're running...A-And the things that you guys can do...Sehun, Kyungsoo and you...H-How can you do that?"

Yixing looks up at the sky and ponders for a moment before answering, "I don't really know. All I know is that we have the instinct to run from them. There's something inside us that tells us to run. Tells us that its dangerous. And this special abilities...I feel like all of us have one...We just haven't discovered it yet." Yixing looks down at Junmyeon and sees the other shiver. He scoots closer and puts his arms around the others shoulder. "W-what?" Junmyeon stutters.

Yixing smiles and says, "Your cold. You need warmth or else you're going too freeze to death. Rest you're thinking to much." Junmyeon nods his head slowly and leans his body to Yixings. Letting the tiredness take over him.

On the other side, Jongin was mumbling things Kyungsoo couldn't understand. The other boys face were covered by his hands so the words were muffled. Kyungsoo leans closer to the other while rubbing the boys back. He can make up a few words but still didn't understand what the boy meant.

"fault,"

"lost,"

"out"

"danger"

"others"

"shouldn't have"

"way"

Kyungsoo connects the words and something clicls in his mind. He quickly comforts the other knowing the boy have in mind, "Jongin, it's not your fault okay. No one knows this forest so it's only natural that we get lost. Please don't blame yourself. No one is blaming you. We can get out of this forest okay." Kyungsoo hugs the other and rubs the boys back soothingly.

Everyone was left in silence. Cuddling too someone for warmth in this cold night. All was good until they heard a branch snap. They all turned their heads to direction the of the sound. Getting ready for a fight if needed. "We know you're there! Show yourself!" Minseok shouted.

Slowly a person comes into view. The person was wearing a loal cloak with a hood over its head. The person raises it's hand and removes the hood.