Mark

GOT7 Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Dark Room

 

Warning(s): abuse (not directed towards mark/reader). 





 

 

••••••







 

“Mark invited us to hangout with him, the boys and girls. Wanna come?” Jay asks, her eyes silently pleading you to say yes. You blink at her and think about it. 

 

The offer doesn’t sound bad at all. It could possibly help me relax a bit more now that exams are over. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

 

“Sure, what time are we meeting up?” Jay taps her chin, racking through her brain trying to remember the time he had told her. “Ah, around five. We’ll be meeting them in the commons room. Mark told me to tell you to wear something warm. It’s really cold outside.” 

 

The mention of Mark saying that actually surprised you. He wasn’t necessarily one to care for others like that but everyone, including you, knew he had a soft spot for you. You just didn’t necessarily want to fully believe that. 

 

“Okay. By the way, what will we be doing? Are we just going to hangout?” You ask, pulling your phone out to find a song to play. Jay reaches for a gummy from the package she had bought a few minutes ago and throws it into . 

 

“We’ll be buying some food and telling scary stories! Whoever has the lamest scary story, one girl and one guy, will be going into the dark room. It’s said to be the haunted room that’s on the top floor of the dorms. No one lives in that area because of the room.” 

 

You raise an eyebrow and turn to look at her, “and that’s a good idea?” 

 

Jay pouts and places her chin above her propped arm, “you always spoil my fun!”

“That’s not my intention, you know. I’m trying to stay safe, Jay.” Jay blows you a raspberry and picks up her items when the bell rings. “Come on, let’s go pick out our outfits before we have to meet up with the rest of them.” 

 

You sigh and follow behind her. 

 

Is this really a good idea? 







 

 

••••••






 

 “and Y/n and Mark lose!” everyone cheers, clinking their nonalcoholic drinks in union before chugging it down in one go. Glass slam onto the table as everyone sighs with lazy grins on their faces. 

 

You and Mark look at each other. Your face showed how nervous you were but his was the total opposite. Is this nothing to be fazed about? Is he not scared? Does he think everything will be fine? 

 

“Come on, Y/n. You can’t be stalling when you lose fair and square!” Jay yells and yanks you by the arm to stand up. You stumble, almost falling onto the table but Mark, who was sitting next to you, managed to grab you with his arms. 

 

“Let’s just get this over with.” he says and let’s go of you, spinning around and walking down the hall. You gulp and turn to Jay who wore a smirk on her face. “Do I really have to do this?” 

 

Everyone replies, “yes!” it causes you to let out a huge sigh, feeling Jay and some of the girls push you in the direction Mark left in. “We’ll be right behind you. We still have to hand you guys the candle.” Jay tries to reassure you but that wasn’t enough. 

 

You didn’t want to enter the dark room nor did you want to know what was behind those locked doors. 

 

“H-How about doing something else? Hm?” Jay shakes her head and pouts. “Sorry. This is your punishment.” 

 

“But-!” 

 

Jay places a finger over your lips indicating for you to be quiet. You purse your lips and reluctantly follow behind Mark’s disappearing figure. Every few seconds, you would turn around to see if everyone was following you and they were. 

 

Upon arriving at the designated hall, you see Mark standing in front of the doors but he doesn’t seem to be moving at all. “Mark?” you tap his shoulder. He jumps and turns to look at you, releasing the breath of air he had been holding back. 

 

“Are you alright? You seem. . . pale.” you point out. Mark gulps and nods, seeing everyone approaching. “I got the candle!” Han Gyeol reveals a long, thin white candle that was already illuminated with a small flame and was resting on a small golden plate. 

 

You and Mark glance at each other once more before he reaches for it with shaky hands. “How long are we going to be in there for?” he asks. 

 

“At most, twenty minutes. We’re going to be outside making sure no one catches us.” You and Mark nod in understanding. “Will you let us out earlier if we scream for help?” 

 

They nod in union before Jay rests her hand on the handle on the door. “Ready?” 

 

“Y-Yes.” A loud creak echoes across the empty hall as the door swings open. It’s pitch black that nothing, absolutely nothing, can be seen from where you stand. “Good luck!” The twins, Ji-hoon and sang-hoon, say and ruffle your hair up in an attempt to ease your nerves. 

 

You send them a nervous smile and step in with the candle, Mark closely behind you. The moment you step into the room, the door is slammed shut behind you causing you to jump. “Be careful. It’s the only light source we have and if it gets distinguished, we’re screwed.” 

 

“S-Sorry about that.” you say and hand him the candle. He takes it, waiting for you to stand beside him, and takes slow steps around the room, the candle illuminating small patches. 

 

The first thing was the small window in the middle of the wall but it was sealed off with cement blocks. Cocking your head and frowning in confusion, you run your fingers across the rough blocks. “Don’t touch that!” He slaps your hand away. 

 

For a second you’re flabbergasted but you follow his orders. Mark shakes his head and turns to you, “We don’t know what could be on these things. It’s best we avoid touching anything if possible.” 

 

He walks away and you follow him, the sound of the floor board loudly creaking causing you to shake in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter