Falling For You

The Line

Jaebum had been staring at himself in the mirror, wondering if he styled his hair the right way or if he should be wearing a different outfit. He was almost shaking and he could feel his guts twisting and turning.


 

He was waiting for Youngjae to arrived, the thought of him and Youngjae officially going on a date was still surreal to him.


 

Jaebum had suggested to pick him up but Youngjae quickly decline because he knew his brother too well, he would try and tag along and with him around that would not be much of a date.


 

Suddenly a knock on his door could be heard, he ran to open it but fixed his shirt one last time before swinging the door opened. Youngjae looked up at him with a sweet smile plastered on his face, Jaebum suddenly forgot about his guts turning and remembered just why he liked Youngjae so much. He always made him comfortable and his smile reminded Jaebum that things were going to be okay.


 

“You look gorgeous.” Jaebum said almost in a whisper, his eyes meeting Youngjae’s. They both flushed under each other's gaze.


 

“You look stunning as always, Jaebum.”

 

xx
 

Jaebum had Youngjae laughing extremely loudly in the diner, they had eyes shifting their direction. Neither of them seemed to mind and continued on with their conversation.

 

 

The entire experience was pleasant, they were both nervous and worried things would be uncomfortable before but now being here it was different, they both would sneak subtle touches here and there. They never seemed to run out of things to say, it was better than either boy imagined.
 

 

Jaebum took Youngjae’s hand and brought it to his lips, for the nth time the younger male blushed.
  

 

“I hope you are having as much fun as I am.”


 

“This is more than I could’ve ever imagined. This-”

 

Jaebum was caught off mid-sentence when Youngjae’s phone begun ringing. It was Jinyoung. A worried expression played over Youngjae’s face as he spoke on the phone, a soft ‘Okay, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.’ was said before hanging up.

 

“Hyung, it was Jinyoung.. He said it’s an emergency to get home right away.”

 

No questions were asked by Jaebum, he payed off their tap and headed out with Youngjae. Jaebum did not even hesitate and got off the car with Youngjae once they arrived at the Park’s home.

 

They burst into the house to find a distressed Jinyoung.

 

“Youngjae! Mark’s cheating on me.”

 

“W-What? How is that possible? Mark is in love with you..”

 

“But he has not replied to me in the last 2 hours, for what other reason but because he’s out on a beautiful date with his other lover!”

 

“That’s impossible, there’s just no way.”

Youngjae found himself dumbfounded, not really sure of what to tell his older brother. That’s when Jaebum finally spoke up.

 

“Maybe he fell asleep? Mark sleeps a lot, Jinyoung. Or perhaps he forgot to press send on his message. He’s pretty distracted sometimes.”

 

“Oh- That is possible.. wait, why are you two together?”

 

Jaebum turned to look at Youngjae his facial expression turning into horror, lips barely moving but not really saying anything.

 

“I was on my way here and happened to bump into Youngjae.”

 

It took a few seconds for Jinyoung to respond as he stared back and forth at his brother and best friend.

 

“Alright.. Well, now that we’re all here what about ordering in and watching a movie?”

Jinyoung suggested.

 

“I’m not really hungry.” Both other males responded in unison.

 

“How about just movies, hyung?”

 

“Fine..” Jinyoung grumbled as they made their way into the living room.


 

‘That was a really close one’ Youngjae thought to himself.

 

A minute or two into the movie a loud knock could be heard on their door. It was Mark.

 

“Baby! I am super sorry. I thought this whole time I replied, I was with my mom at her yearly bake sale.” Mark tried explaining as he engulfed Jinyoung in his arms.

 

It never took Jinyoung too much time to forgive Mark. He accepted his apology and dragged Mark into his room.

 

“I guess it’s just us two again.” Jaebum chuckled as he scoot closer to Youngjae, his arm carefully resting around Youngjae’s waist.

 

“He’s an idiot.. He really ruined our date for nothing.” Youngjae jutted out his lower lip. Jaebum’s eyes stared at those beautiful and plumped lips.

 

“Regardless of how it ended, I had a great time.” Jaebum leaned in closer to Youngjae’s face, lips barely ghosting over the younger’s.

 

“I did, too. I had the best time because of you, hyung. But this is dangerous we might get caught.” He left a light peck on Jaebum’s lips, those tasty lips he had been missing since the first time he had a taste of them, before moving away.

 

And their night ended with them watching the rest of the movie playing on the screen in front of them, fingers silently tangling under the pillow in between them. Youngjae could still not believe that all of this was real, and how happy Jaebum continued to make him after such a short time.

 

These immense and unfamiliar emotions creeping up in his heart.