We Crossed The Line

The Line

It had been about a week since Youngjae last saw Jaebum. The day after his confession, he snuck out of his bedroom and went home without a single word. Youngjae had asked Jinyoung about him, which he replied that Jaebum had been busy with a project of one of his classes.


 

Perhaps, Jaebum remembers and was now regretting his action. There was no way he would go against his best friend’s wishes for his dumb little brother. If Jaebum appeared in front of him acting like nothing ever happened, he would probably follow along if it meant they would be fine again. But maybe Jinyioung was right and he was only busy with his school project.

 

Youngjae was sitting in claas when his phone lit up and showed a notification of a new message from Jaebum. It surprised Youngjae but he did not hesitate to open the message.


 

‘Meet me behind the library, please. We really need to talk.’ Youngjae would not let himself think too much about it but his thoughts beat him, they stranded to the darkest part of his mind once again. He could feel his hands shaking as he quickly typed a message of his own.


 

‘Be right there.’ Youngjae slightly nudged Dowoon and asked him to past him the rest of the notes later before walking out of the classroom and practically ran to his destination.


 

Youngjae was hesitant to approach Jaebum, who was leaning on the wall of the building. He took a deep breath before speaking up.


 

“Hey.” Youngjae’s voice came out more confident than he felt.


 

“Hey, how are you?”

 


“I’m good." Youngjae’s response sounded more like a question. "How are you?"

 

Did Jaebum really call him out just to ask how he was doing?

 

“Feeling like ..” Jaebum took a deep breath before continuing his train of thought.

 

“I know I am an entire week late but Youngjae, I really want to apologize for kissing you. That was very careless of me and I took advantage of your kindness. You already have someone you like how could I ever put you in this type of situation. I’m sorry. I am so sorry.”

 

Jaebum would not even dare to look at him. Youngjae always heard the saying actions speak louder than words, so he did the first thing that came to mind and cupped Jaebum’s cheeks. He pressed a kiss on his lips, they were as soft as he remembered but without the taste of the alcohol. Youngjae shut his eyes, he closed them so tightly because he was afraid if he opened them everything, including Jaebum would disappear.


 

It took Jaebum a second to respond to the kiss. The kiss was sweet and slow, they both took their time tasting each other’s lips, Jaebum lingered on his lips before slowly pulling away. Youngjae was the first to speak up this time.


 

“Just in case you still don’t understand, you’re the person I like. I’ve had a crush on you since we were teenagers, but how could my brother’s cool best friend ever like his dorky little brother? There was no way..”


 

Jaebum seemed utterly confused by the new information Youngjae revealed.


 

“You mean all this time-” Before he could finish his question, Youngjae nodded.


 

“But Youngjae, we have to tell Jinyoung.. Don’t we?” Jaebum’s voice was hesitant. Youngjae nodded.

 

“We don’t have to do it now, for now let's enjoy this.”

 

Youngjae was feeling more confident because for the second time that day he pulled Jaebum in for a kiss. This one was not as hesitant and he made sure he spilled all his feelings into it. He wanted Jaebum to understand exactly how much he had been holding back this entire time.

 

 

 

                                      ---- AUTHOR'S NOTE ----

 

This chapter could've probably been combined with the last chapter but oh well, I guess. assdfjk; Anyway, I never mentioned this but a song actually inspired this story. If you ever get a chance listen to dvsn - the line. And once again, thank you for susbcribing and for your time ♡!