To Tell The Truth

The Line

Youngjae had been skipping out on hanging out with Jinyoung and his friends. He was now spending more time with Dowoon and the rest of his friends Young K, Jae, Sungjin and Wonpil.

 

They were all really cool guys and not to mention hilarious. Their practice room aka Jae's garage was always filled with Youngjae’s loud laughter whenever he joined them. He would always apologize but the guys always stated that they did not mind at all, that they enjoyed the new atmosphere Youngjae brought to their group of friends.

 

Theselast couple days Dowoon seemed to be more playful with Youngjae. Even in class he did not nap as much as he used to instead he would spend his time in class talking to Youngjae. The rest of the guys would joke about how Youngjae was a good influence on Dowoon. Maybe it was all in Youngjae’s head but he thought he always saw Dowoon blush when those comments were made.

 

By this time, Youngjae kept himself really busy that he did not realize it was already time for mid term break.

 

Jinyoung had nagged him about not spending enough time with him these past few days and insisted they take a camping trip. If Youngjae knew Jaebum would be coming along and that they would be sharing a room, he would’ve shut down the idea when Jinyoung asked.

 

It was too late now. Youngjae stared blankly at the single bed in the middle of the room. Was this some kind of cruel punishment and why did he have to have such an idiot older brother.

 

“I guess we’ll be roomies, huh?” Jaebum flashed Youngjae a bright smile before walking inside the room and plopping down on the bed.

 

Youngjae started to feel dizzy as he made his way to the restroom and away from Jaebum.

 

xx

 

It was getting late and Jinyoung suggested they start a bonfire, like always he bossed Youngjae and Jaebum around and suggested they go pick up supplies in the woods.

Before Youngjae could decline, Jaebum had already begun walking ahead of him. It had been silent and in the most uncomfortable way possible. Youngjae wanted to at least say something but him and Jaebum haven't really spoken since the last incident they had.

 

Youngjae’s train of thought was interrupted by Jaebum suddenly.

 

“You know.. I am really sorry for continuing to upset you lately. It’s not my intention, whatsoever. I just, I don’t know you are growing up so quickly and it’s like you no longer need Jinyoung.. or me.” Youngjae could barely catch the last mumbled words Jaebum had spoken.

 

Youngjae had only been worried about his selfish feelings and terribly wanting Jaebum to like him back that he not once thought about how pushing Jaebum away probably made the older feel.

 

“I.. Jaebum, I am so sorry. It’s not that I don’t need you.”

 

‘I need you more than you think’ Youngjae thought to himself.

 

“It’s just you used to let me kiss you all the time when you were younger and now when I get close to you I feel like I’m suffocating you. Am I?” Jaebum had this hurt look in his eyes.

 

Youngjae only managed to shake his head slightly.

 

“Because Youngjae if I am, please just tell me. You are very important to me and not just because you are my best friend’s little brother. You are honestly such an amazing person, you are the most adorable person I know and your laugh.. Your laugh is probably the most contagious laugh in the world. I can never help but laugh along with you when I hear it. So, if I am preventing you from laughing these days, please tell me.” Jaebum's voice slightly wavered.

 

Youngjae did not know wether to punch or hug Jaebum but he did what his heart desired. He got closer to Jaebum and wrapped his shaky hands around him, engulfing him in a tight embrace and left a chaste kiss on Jaebum’s cheek. Before Youngjae was able to let go of the older, Jaebum tighten the hug. They stayed in that position for much longer than Youngjae had anticipated but he was not about to complain.

 

For the first time in a very long time, Youngjae and Jaebum agreed on something; They both needed each other. Perhaps for Jaebum it was not in the same way Youngjae had wanted him but he was still happy to know Jaebum thought this highly of him.

 

They both walked to the cabin where Mark and Jinyoung were waiting for them.

 

xx

 

In the distant Mark could see Youngjae and Jaebum coming their way. They seemed much happier than when they first left.

 

“Hey Jinyoungie.” Mark called to grab his boyfriend’s attention.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“How would you feel if Jaebum and Youngjae ended up together?” Mark had been staring in the distant instead of his boyfriend.

 

“H-Huh?” Jinyoung was taken aback by Mark’s question. His gaze now followed the older’s and he catched the way Jaebum’s eyes sparkled at the way he looked at Youngjae. His little brother’s eyes did the same when he was looking up at Jaebum. He catched Jaebum messing Youngjae’s soft locks but the moment Jaebum realized Jinyoung and Mark had been staring he tensed up and retreated his hands to slip them inside his front pockets.

 

“Honestly? I never really thought about it but if it were Jaebum, I think I’d be okay with it. He is probably the only person I could trust to take good care of Youngjae.”

 

The four boys were now surrounding the bonfire, burning marshmallows and eating smores until they begun to feel sick. They shared a few stories in between and many laughs over all.

 

Now it was pretty late and Mark could feel his eyes getting heavier, so Jinyoung being a good boyfriend suggested they all head to bed. The rest of the boys followed.

 

Youngjae and Jaebum were now in their pajamas. They were both sitting on the opposite ends of the bed.

 

“You know I can sleep in the couch if this is too weird for you, Youngjae.”

 

“No, that's okay. I am really find with it. I promise.”

 

Youngjae had been laying on his side for the last hour, very aware of the other body beside him. Jaebum and him might be in more understanding terms now but it was still hard for him not to have the urge to turn around and kiss him to his heart’s content.

 

Youngjae felt the other toss and turn a few times before whispering “Hey, are you awake?”

 

“Yeah.. Did I wake you?”

 

“Not at all. I can’t sleep either.” Youngjae replied a soft whine escaping his lips.

 

“Are you cold too?”

 

“Only a little.” Youngjae turned to face Jaebum.

 

Jaebum lifted the covers and patted the space beside him. Youngjae was hesitant but decide that this would be one of those rare opportunities he would get to be held by Jaebum.

 

He snuggled closely to the older, his head resting on Jaebum’s chest as the other male held him securely. Jaebum’s scent filled Youngjae’s nostrils, he smelled so good. Youngjae wanted to stay in his arms forever. 

 

He shut his eyes and wished for more days like this.