A New Beginning

The Line

Youngjae could hear his alarm ringing but since he stayed up all night thinking about how this would be the school year things would change for him entirely, he could not manage to open his eyes at all.

 

He tossed on his side, groaning in the process before shutting off the alarm on his phone.

He continued to lay on his back as he stare up at the ceiling before kicking off his blankets.

 

“Youngjae! Get up or else we’re going to be late!”

 

He could hear his older brother shouting from the other side of the door.

 

Jinyoung was only older by a year, but he was the kind of older brother that was always overprotective of Youngjae. No one was ever going to be good enough for Youngjae in his eyes. Youngjae didn’t necessarily hate it but he needed boundaries.

 

The younger boy has never experience love and other experiences because his older brother always seemed to in and scare off his potential suitors. Youngjae never really minded then, not until now because looking at things, he realized Jinyoung was able to have the opportunities he hadn’t.

 

Jinyoung was happily in love with his boyfriend Mark and looking at it now made Youngjae realize how lonely he felt. The way the two older males would sneak kisses when the three of them had movie nights.

 

He remembers the time he had catched them having a full on makeout session on their couch. Youngjae would admit that it was not something he wanted to come home to but the little scenario in front of him tug on his heartstrings. He felt slightly jealous, but only in the sense that he wished he could experience a love like that.

 

The closest thing to a kiss from another human being that wasn’t blood related to Youngjae was the forehead and cheek kisses he received from Jinyoung’s best friend, Jaebum. Not that he was really complaining because if Youngjae was being honest, he probably enjoyed those a little too much.

 

But now fast forwarding to a couple years later, he no longer received them from Jaebum. It kind of hurt but he understood, he was no longer a kid who needed that kind of comfort.

 

This was college now though, so why couldn’t Youngjae have that too? No matter what Jinyoung would not have his way this time. It was time for Youngjae to live his own life, love and be loved, even if it meant it wouldn’t be with the only person that he had in mind.

 

Youngjae finally slipped on his backpack before running down the stairs and towards the door. This would be a new beginning.