Coming Back To You

The Line

The new quarter had started and Youngjae was no longer avoiding Jaebum or Jinyoung. They had hung out a couple times after their trip. Youngjae knew he had to face both of them and his feelings.

 

Jaebum was even more talkative with Youngjae and not to mention touchy, but Youngjae assumed that it was him getting comfortable like when they were younger. Jaebum even pressed a kiss on his cheek one night when they were watching a movie.

 

He had told Youngjae it was because he was mocking the character on the screen, of course no other questions were asked from the blushing Youngjae.

 

xx

 

Youngjae was writing his notes in class when he felt an elbow nudge his side.

 

“Hey, it’s Young K’s birthday today and tonight we’re hanging out at Jae’s place, you in?” Dowoon asked.

 

“Uh sure. Is it alright if I invite my brother and his friends?”

 

“Yeah, of course. Does that include Jaebum?”

 

“Yeah.. If it’s not okay I won’t.”

 

“N-No. It’s perfectly fine.”

 

Youngjae flashed a smile at Dowoon.

 

“We’ll definitely be there.”

 

Youngjae, Mark, Jaebum and Jinyoung were outside waiting for the other guys to answer the door. A couple seconds of knocking Dowoon cracked the door open.

 

“Hey.. Welcome guys.”


All of the boys greeted him back before walking inside. The first few minutes things seemed a bit awkward, until Wonpil brought in snacks and drinks. All of them began bonding over video games, music and other topics which made the awkwardness faded away.

 

Youngjae was sitting on the floor next to Dowoon, he whispered things into his ear that caused Youngjae to burst into loud laughter. In one of those moments he looked across the room, catching a glimpse of a grumpy Jaebum glaring back at him and Dowoon as he sipped on his beer. The glare of his eyes made Youngjae shift uncomfortably, so he would not dare look his way after that.

 

Jae called Dowoon over, he excused himself as he walked off. Youngjae took the opportunity to approach Jaebum, he seemed a little tipsy by now.

 

“Hey..” Youngjae said quietly, the music in the background barely making his voice audible.

 

“Oh, are you done flirting?” Jaebum almost sounded mad.

 

“What are you talking about? You know he’s just my friend.”

 

“Maybe to you it’s like that, but he obviously has other intentions. Youngjae, don’t pretend. You know he likes you.”

 

“Maybe I have feeling but I don’t like him. I like another idiot, remember?”

 

Jaebum stayed quiet and so Youngjae decided to speak up again.

 

“Should I just tell you who that person is Jaebum? Will it make you feel better?”

 

“You don’t have to, this hurts enough as it is.” Jaebum’s last words were hard to understand as he slur them due to the liquor in his system.

 

Youngjae reached for Jaebum’s hand and ran his finger on his palm, tracing the words ‘I like you and only you.’

 

He knew the message did not reach the older because he only smiled sweetly at him. In any other instance Jaebum would had probably pushed him away and try to make him understand why this was wrong. Youngjae decided it was enough of this awkward conversation so they headed back to hang out with the rest of the boys.

 

By the end of the night someone suggested they do karaoke, the guys all sang to their heart's content. Next to Jaebum singing was the other thing that made Youngjae happy. He happily sang loudly with everyone in the room, sometimes singing horribly to make it extra fun. 

 

It was late now so Jinyoung suggested they go home. Youngjae was now sitting in the backseat with a half drunk Jaebum clinging onto him, he just would not let go. When they arrived at Jaebum’s house Youngjae tried to budge him off but Jaebum was feeling stubborn because he refused to let go. Jaebum mumbled something about wanting to cuddle Youngjae for the night, none of them even tried to fight him about it. Instead they headed towards Jinyoung and Youngjae’s house.

 

Youngjae stumbled to his room trying to carry the weight of the larger male. Who would had guess he’d be in his room being cuddled by Jaebum, certainly not him. When Youngjae was halfway through his happy thought, Jaebum begun to speak up or more like mumble.

 

“You know.. I hope it’s not too late to say this but I really like you.” Youngjae froze for a second, his heart began to quicken and his palms began to get clammy. This was certainly not meant for him. Jaebum was probably having a dream about Jackson.

 

“I seriously like you, Youngjae.” It was meant for him. Youngjae could not even utter a word because before he knew it Jaebum’s lips were on him.

 

His lips were soft just like he imagine, they tasted of beer but Youngjae was not complaining. It was like fireworks were set off in his head and butterflies were released in his stomach. Youngjae pulled him closer craving Jaebum’s lips even more. Shortly after soft snores could be heard coming from the older. Youngjae let out a soft whine because he wanted to continue kissing Jaebum.

 

‘Great’ Youngjae thought. Jaebum confessed and finally kissed him and he probably won’t even remember any of it. He will have to work harder in order to make Jaebum remember.