Part 7

Marriage with L(?)ve

Kihyun, Mirae and Haneul are hanging out in Haneul’s house. They are having a sleepover. Haneul and Mirae sleeping in a room while Kihyun sleeps on the couch outside in the living room.

 

Mirae’s POV

 

We are watching some kdrama while eating ramen that Haneul made. Typical dinner for typical young adults like us.

 

“BWA HAHAHAHAHA, LOOK AT THAT. THEY GOT ARRANGE BY THEIR PARENTS. YAH, YOU SHOULD HAVE REJECT AND RUN AWAY, SIS..EHEHEHEHE”,I said while pointing out the scene on tv. Not to mention the chips are all over as I spat out while talking. Suddenly I feel like I am being watch.

 

Kihyun and Haneul look at me disbelief. *bird chirping sound*

 

Oh wait, that’s what happen to me. I forgot about that.

 

We’re then finish cleaning our mess and getting ready to sleep until Kihyun starts to talk.

 

“Mirae-ah. What if you end up liking him? I mean isn’t it cliche that love happens after marriage. You may hate him right now, but who knows you will end up lik- No, loving him”, said Kihyun while looking at me.

 

“I don’t know, Kihyun. It’s hard to tell. You may be right or you may be wrong. Even if I start to like him, does he even likes me back? He did said to me that he already has a girlfriend”, I sigh.


 

Flashback

 

Right after that dinner, I straight away call my bff and tell them the ‘bad’ news. They all shocked to hear that I’m getting married with that Taehyung guy. In the same time they teased me by saying how much they will miss me, I can’t go out very often because I need permission bla bla, and the worst part..by saying they can’t wait to see mini version of us.

 

“Yah!!!!! I never have any high hopes about this marriage. Please release me from this hell hole”, I begged.

 

Aigoo, Mirae-ah. Please don’t say like that. Think positive. Sometimes not all parents are bad. They’re doing this for your own good. Besides, what if their decision to do so are right? They want the best for you. Good parents would try to give their best for their children. It means they love you”, said Haneul.

 

She’s right, Mirae. You never know the choice that they made are actually your fate. I think you and this Taehyung are destined to be”, said Kihyun.

 

I keep thinking to myself, if this is my fate then I will accept it with sincere heart. I mean I know my parents love me very much. They will not do anything bad right? I challenge myself and my heart to go through this and facing it with a smile.