Part 6

Marriage with L(?)ve

They all sitting down and while enjoying their food. Mirae just sits there while stealing her glance towards Taehyung. Not because she thinks he’s cute or hot or something, it’s just that she can’t believe that she’s actually having dinner with his family which is kinda suspicious. Mirae might have weird speculation and imagination about this dinner like there is something but she shakes her head like it can’t be and it’s impossible.

 

Taehyung on the other side, just ‘enjoying’ his conversation with the elderly. It seems odd in every way.

 

“So, enough about us. How about we talk about the real topic”, said Mr. Kim.

 

“Sure, lets. Umm, so my Taehyung is the CEO and I’m just afraid that he’ll be too busy with his work. You know, to search for soulmate for his own. When I heard about Mirae is a bright student and have a good personalities and better yet she’s your daughter, me and my husband are thinking of making them together. You know, as in arrange marriage. As far as we know, Taehyung is single”, said Mrs Kim.

 

Mirae’s parents are all smiling as if they’re actually agree to Mr and Mrs Kim’s idea.

Mirae on the other side are being surprise as she’s widen her eyes hearing those idea. Taehyung is just sitting there and nod, it means he’s also agree.

 

Mirae is furrowing her brow because there’s a lot of questionable things happen in one night.

 

Like,

 

Why is he agree to this?

Why is he smiling?

Why he’s not opposing that stupid idea?

Why doesn’t he say anything?

Why...why...why

 

Mirae wants to stand up and against them but then she thinks back, it’s not worth it if she’s the only one unless Taehyung have the same thoughts. What can she do? It’s her parents choice, so she have to accept it with ‘open’ heart.

 

She is being all quiet and just respond to whatever questions when the elderly ask her.

 

After that dinner date, they stand in front of the restaurant and greet them goodbye.

 

“It was a very fun dinner date. Thanks for everything”, said Mr. Han

 

While they all talk to each other, there’s Taehyung and Mirae who keeps avoiding his gaze.

He nudge her arms, making her startle a bit. Mirae try to ignore him but he starts to speak.

 

“Hey, it was actually fun. For now. I don’t know what will happen after we get married. Surely we don’t have any feelings for each other. I mean I do have a girlfriend like you saw yesterday”, he shrug.

 

She roll her eyes with her arms crossed, “Obviously.”

 

Taehyung look at her while lifting his eyebrow.

 

“Wow, you are a person that only answer one with one question each.”

 

Mirae just keep ignoring him. Then, it’s time to go home and The Han’s are ready to drive back. They wave goodbye from the car to The Kim’s.

 

Mirae glance a bit and notice that Taehyung look at her while waving his hand at her with a wide smile.

 

“What’s wrong with that guy?” ask Mirae to herself.


It’s been a long day, what will happen to them next?