Starry night

Shipping the wrong ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours later the men were finishing their second pint of chocolate ice cream, seated on Seungri's comfortable couch. The small house somewhat reminded Jiyong of the bookstore - antique furniture, tons of dusty books, lots of green pants and that specific oriental smell. It was both messy and elegant at the same time. There was no TV, as expected from the home of someone who loved books so dearly, and that's why Jiyong and Seungri spent the evening watching "How to train your dragon" on a small laptop screen. The place was more than cozy, making Ji feel at home.
Things between him and Seungri were so innocent and pure. It was strange how his landlord planned a dinner date at one of Seoul's most expensive restaurants and Ri just handed Jiyong a spoon for the ice-cream, yet he preferred this cozy moment. What more could he want? Animation, dessert and good company. Jiyong simply felt good around Seungri although he was unable to understand why.

"So what's your favorite book?" Jiyong asked, his spoon clean before sinking it into the chocolate ice-cream

One would expect some sort of pretentious answer coming from a man who lives and works in a sea of books. Shakespeare, Russian classics or perhaps original French plays? Jiyong didn't expect such answer:

"Winnie the pooh."

"What?!" the pink haired man laughed and Seungri's pretty lips formed a pout

"It's a good book." he whined cutely

Oh, he was beyond adorable and precious. Seungri looked so innocent yet mature and that's what Jiyong has been looking for throughout his life. It's difficult to be both an adult and someone so genuine, untouched by the cruel world. Seungri's chocolate eyes had a child's spark - a rare quality not many possessed.

"Why were you so angry today?" it was Seungri's turn to ask the questions

"I had a little fight with Daesung and Youngbae."

"About what?"

Jiyong looked down at his crossed legs, wondering if this was the most appropriate topic. He didn't want to speak about his 'romantic' preferences since they usually made people think low of him. What's worse is that it would be painfully awkward to discuss Seunghyun with Seungri. But the follow up question didn't leave him a choice, plus... Jiyong and Seungri were just friends at the moment, right?

"Because I... I didn't kiss Seunghyun." the older one's voice turned into a whisper

"Oh, yeah, the date with the landlord." Seungri chuckled but he didn't seem so genuine about it, "How did it go?"

Jiyong's puffy lips turned into a tight line as he tried to arrange his thoughts. He wasn't sure how the date went. Was he thinking low of that pleasant night because he couldn't get Seungri out of his head?

"It was... alright."

"And you didn't kiss him?" Seungri clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth "Someone's rent is gonna be bigger this month."

Jiyong laughed and punched his arm playfully. Suddenly he seemed way more comfortable speaking about his delicate situation.

"I just don't share the same mindset as my best friends when it comes to dating." he continued, "I like taking things slow, let them happen by itself."

"Like in the books?" Seungri's bright smile bloomed

"Just like in the books and movies." the other man admitted, "I know it sounds stupid but--"

"--No, no,no." he was cut off, "I understand you completely."

Their eyes met for a long moment as their smiles grew wider. Finally someone understood... Staring into those beautiful chocolate eyes Jiyong felt as if someone finally saw him for who he was.

"But... they want the best for me." Jiyong continued his story, feeling scared all of a sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter