Luxury

Shipping the wrong ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong felt the pressure of being perfect clinging onto his shoulders since the moment his phone woke him up at 10 am with Shania Twain's "Man! I feel like a woman". The very first chord of the song and her raspy "Let's go girls" always put him in a good mood before he went on with his daily tasks. But this time he was immediately bombarded with messages from his two best friends, giving him advice about the date. Somewhere between facetiming Youngbae and voice messaging Daesung, Jiyong felt nervous and found himself staring at his reflection in a worried manner. Was he handsome enough for Seunghyun? Should he be manlier or even girlier than he already was? Which perfume should he wear cause they say scent is as important as good looks? He needed to be perfect. Hair? Check. Make up? Check. While twirling in front of the mirror, checking out his perky in the outfit Daesung proposed a few days ago, a weird thought ran through Jiyong's head: "I wonder if Seungri would like it."

Suddenly the pink haired boy froze. Who was he getting ready for... because he kept seeing Seungri's face, whenever he closed his eyes, instead of his landlord's sharp features. A sigh escaped Jiyong's glossy lips as he sat down on his bed and dialed Daesung's number for the second time today. 

"I'm not sure about this date." he admitted in a small voice

Daesung was quiet on the other side of the line, trying hard not to explode. He knew there was something weird about Jiyong not complaining even once during the day.

"Are you kidding me?" Dae groaned and his friend buried his face in his fluffy violet pillow, "The dream man is interested in you and you don't care? He's 10/10, Ji!"

"I know... but maybe he's not the right one for me." what was he expecting from this conversation anyway?

"And who's the right one? That book rat across the street?! You're too good for him." Daesung was raising his voice and Jiyong didn't like the way he referred to Seungri yet he didn't let out a single word. Why did he dislike the bookstore owner so much? It hurt Jiyong to know that his best friend disliked someone so special to him., "Jiyong, when will you learn to listen to me? Remember when I told you not to take Haneul back but you did?"

Ouch. That hurt. Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut, as if Daesung had just slapped him harshly across the cheek. Haneul was the person who ruined him. 

They dated over two years and finally moved in together but things went downhill from there. Haneul had bad habits and didn't help around the house. On the other side, the man disliked all the quirky stuff Jiyong brought into their home, like in paintings, magnets for the fridge, flowers etc. They were slowly falling apart as a couple because of their daily fights. Finally, Jiyong ditched him after Haneul went to a party and cheated on his boyfriend with some random girl. But soon Haneul was crawling back to the pink haired beauty, begging him to take him back and so he did, despite Daesung's protests. Two days later Jiyong didn't find Haneul home when he came back from work. The man was gone along with the money for the trip to Italy Ji has been saving up for ages. He felt betrayed, broken and most of all stupid because he didn't listen to Daesung.

"You're right..." Ji whispered, blaming himself for ignoring good advice once more

Jiyong was fashionably early for the date, turning heads because of his slicked back pink hair as he waited in front of his own coffee shop. He was a little bit nervous since he didn't want to disappoint his best friends. They loved Seunghyun so much and maybe they were right. Exactly at eight a black Mercedes-Benz CLZ pulled up right next to Jiyong. One of the dark windows in the back rolled down, revealing a handsome face. Seunghyun smirked as his eyes fell on the leather pants, making Jiyong feel exposed. The younger man chuckled nervously right before the driver, a man in his late forties, jumped out of the car and opened the door for him. Jiyong awkwardly he sat inside next to Seunghyun, not used to such treatment.

"I hope I wasn't late." he said in his charming low voice

"Ah, no... I was early."

The driver took them to an expensive restaurant, one Jiyong could never imagine entering by himself. There were huge windows everywhere and people rushing to him so they can take his jacket and pull back his chair. It felt weird as he was used to waiting in line at cafeterias or simply ordering a pizza in his pjs. His outfit was clearly not appropriate for the fancy place, earning dirty looks from the rich people around them. Even Seunghyun was wearing a black suit, which hugged his body pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter