Gone

Shipping the wrong ship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months passed painfully slowly as the delicate cherry blossom better known as Jiyong was fading with each passing day. His pretty face lacked it's usual glow, dark roots were taking over the pink hair. Every single morning, with an aching heart, he would check if the bookstore has been opened but he always ended up disappointed. The wooden door to Seungri's shop remained locked until one day the new owners took out the dusty books and started moving in their flower shop. Jiyong felt like breaking the windows and ruining their cheerful decorations but deep down he knew those people had nothing to do with Seungri's disappearance. He had no right to rain on their parade. Younbae ended up calling Seunghyun, since he was the only one who didn't make a fool out of himself in front of the landlord. They thought Seungri might have given him some information when he was ending his contract but he only talked to Choi's secretary upon leaving.

Jiyong reread over five times "Diaries of a liar", the book Seungri left him before disappearing from the face of earth, looking for clues but unfortunately he couldn't find anything. He even started going to libraries and bookstores constantly, hoping he would find a book written by the missing man. Of course, this was basically impossible since he used different names for all of his creations. The girls working at the big bookstore at the corner of the boulevard learned Jiyong's name and didn't bother him while reading. In exchange he brought them coffee and Bae's famous peach donuts.

Of course, Jiyong knocked on Seungri's door many times but ,sadly, no one ever opened. He even talked to the neighbors but they didn't know much about the boy living next door since he wasn't very talkative... neither did they know what to do about the boy crying on Lee's doorsteps. Jiyong even went to Gwangju a couple of times but the neighbors didn't  bother opening their doors for Kwon as if they didn't want to meet him, looking at the gloomy man from their peepholes. 

Jiyong was slowly losing himself and it was plain to see. The cute smile he had, while preparing coffees and whipping cream, was gone and that's how his best friends knew there was something terribly wrong with him. Kwon Jiyong loved his job more than anything yet he didn't care about it anymore. The coffee was either too bitter or too sweet, the milk burned his delicate hands and he spilled the dark grounds over the floor as if they didn't cost a thing.

"I'm going to help you find him." Exclaimed Daesung one day, "I'll do whatever it takes to find Seungri."

Dae felt too much guilt upon his shoulders, knowing damn well that he was the one who ruined everything for Jiyong and Seungri. He was surprised that he didn't get fired although the boss was giving him the silent treatment. The least Daesung could do, whether he liked Seungri or not, was to do his best to bring him back.

Daesung kept requesting meetings with the owner of  "AB Publishing" two weeks in a roll until he was finally let into the lady's luxurious office. Her face was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter