Fight For This Love

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since Joohyun visited the army corps and to her avail Lieutenant Son was socially M.I.A. D-d-id she ghost me?

 

She had an internal battle with herself whether to text first or not, she did wonder if her number was lost by Son or if she was playing her. God, why is it so hard to date these days!

 

She tried to find a Wendy Son on social media: Facebook, Instagram, twitter, tinder. No matches whatsoever. She must be really private.

 

Joohyun huffed on the kitchen counter and dropped her phone with little enthusiasm.

 

“Unnie, you have her number just text her for god’s sake!” Joy, who was also her roommate, asked.

 

“She was the one who asked me on a date, therefore she needs to follow through.”

 

“Aish, you romantics. Just be like me and Seulgi: say you like her, you’re down to and you’ll never let her go.”

 

“Poor Seulgi, she must be scared of you.”

 

“As it should be, I need to state my dominance in the relationship.”

 

“What relationship? You’ve only met her once!”

 

“Unnie, I don’t beat around the bush, I bite the bullet… In this case Seulgi’s bullet.”

 

“How is it so easy for you, it shouldn’t be this easy! UGH” she flopped on the couch after her gay mental breakdown.

 

Joohyun then felt her phone thrown at her as well as a wink and smirk from Joy who quickly ran into her room. , mental note to never leave my phone unlocked when Joy is around.

 

Joohyun opened her texts and cringed with fury with what Joy sent.

 

From: Bae Joohyun – 11.37am

 

Hey Lieutenant, you Delta Tango Foxtrot!

 

“JOY WHAT THE DOES THAT EVEN MEAN DTF?!”

 

“You’ll thank me later Unnie!” Joy shouted behind the locked door.

 

Once Joohyun searched up the term her eyes widen, and she swore she was going to break down that door.

 

“Really Sooyoung!! Down to ?!!Are you ing kidding me!”

 

“I’m not but Lieutenant Son might!” Joohyun banged on the door louder but turned her head when she heard her phone pang.

 

From: Lieutenant Son – 11.40am

 

Ms. Bae, I understand we are not at the corps but when I mean we could drop the formalities that is definitely not what I meant.

 

Joohyun chuckled… how could she be so cute and stern at the same time.

 

From: Bae Joohyun – 11.41am

 

Well, I wouldn’t have been so desperate Lieutenant if you had texted me sooner instead of ghosting me. I do owe you a date after all.

 

Joohyun internally high-fived herself and was proud at her attempted flirting. She almost dropped the phone when it started ringing with Son’s contact on the screen. She swiped right and brought it up to her ear.

 

“Well, hello stranger?”

 

“It’s Lieutenant to you.”

 

“Well, hello Lieutenant stranger.” Joohyun smiled when she heard a chuckle from across the line.

 

“Ha, funny I like that.” God, her voice was so hot and husky.

 

Wendy then cleared and continued “Sorry, that took a bit of a weird turn. So, mind explaining that rated army coded text? I definitely didn’t see you as that kind of person Ms. Bae”

 

“Well, you don’t know much about me then. You could get the chance to know me, all you got to do is ask one tiny question.”

 

“Huh, is that so?”

 

“Yes Ma’am.”

 

“Very well, Ms. Bae would you like to go on a date with me.”

 

“Oh, Lieutenant I would love to accept yet you are very vague, I’m going to need some details.” Joohyun put on her best sultry voice.

 

“How about you drop your address and the rest will unravel itself.” Joohyun could hear the latter’s smirk from the other end.

 

“Of course, it’s XXXXX-XXX-XX”

 

“Right, noted. Be ready in casual wear for nineteen hundred hours Ms. Bae.”

 

Joohyun scoffed “Do you ever drop the military façade Lieutenant?”

 

“Tonight, you may or may not find out. But I thought you liked the strong, army façade?” she teased causing Joohyun to redden.

 

“I’ll tell you what I really like tonight Lieutenant.” OMG JOOHYUN WHAT EVEN ARE YOU!!

 

“See you soon then?”

 

“See you this evening Ms. Bae” Joohyun asked as she anticipating bit her lip. After she hung up, Joohyun then ran into her room and squealed into her pillow.

 

“Sooyoung, I’ll kill you later but now I need help in picking an outfit!” The girls then spent the afternoon prepping Joohyun for her perfect date. Joohyun did the three S’s – , shower, shave.

 

She raised an eyebrow when Joy suggested to shave everywhere claiming she might get lucky. Truthfully, she was nervous, she really liked the Lieutenant and wanted things to go well.

 

It was ten minutes to seven and Joohyun had just finished up her look. Son said casual, so she sported a white long sleeve V-neck jumper tucked into a dark chequered mini skirt and white pumps. She accentuated her eyes with eyeliner wings and added red lipstick and tied her raven hair in a tight ponytail. Taylor Swift would be proud.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter