Descendants Of The Sons

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only a few day had passed since her last date with Wendy but Joohyun was itching to see the girl. Usually she would call herself traditional and wait for the other party to text first but Joohyun thought traditions she picked up her phone and went in for the kill.

 

To: Sergeant y Son – 9.43am

 

Yes she had changed her contact name, no she refuses to change it.

 

So what has a girl got to do to get a reply from you?

 

Equally surprised when her phone rang immediately Joohyun didn’t hesitate to pick it up.

 

“A girl, specifically you, doesn’t have to anything to get a reply because you already have all my attention”

 

“…I’m hanging up son”

 

“wait- ok that was cringe apologies. I am also sorry for not replying sooner, I’ll be honest I’ve just been lazy it’s not every day you get a month off”

 

“You don’t spend much time on your phone do you Wendy?”

 

“exactly, hence why I’m calling you from my watch. I’m on the running track near the river. Don’t suppose you want to meet for some breakfast?”

 

So that’s why she had laboured breaths whilst talking, Joohyun’s mind went to a very very different reason.

 

“sure, it’s not like I’m doing anything, there’s a park at the 25km mark near my house. Shall we meet there?”

 

“that’s where my bike is parked, on my way there now” with that the other hung up and Joohyun practically sprinted to get ready.

 

---

 

Joohyun noticed the other’s bike parked under a tree and decided to wait. Only a few minutes later did she notice the barely clothed sweaty figure approaching her.

 

“hey, I would hug you but I’m all wet”

 

Don’t say it Joohyun, don’t say it, don’t say- me too

 

“No worries, there’s a good rooftop café three blocks from here, shall we?”

 

Seungwan nodded her head and doused herself in deodorant and put a hoodie on over her sports bra she then linked hands with the other girl and they strolled to the café.

 

The café itself was quaint and well refined with an industrial twist, the rooftop was covered in various plants and even had an herb area being grown which they used in the kitchen.

 

Joohyun ordered herself an acai bowl whilst her breakfast buddy ordered a hearty meal of steak and eggs.

 

“How much did you run this morning?”

 

“around 15 miles, I would’ve done more but I did an early workout just before”

 

“I didn’t peg you for a health freak”

 

“I wouldn’t say I’m one of those gym rats but I enjoy keeping fit. I’ve been lazing around the past few days sleeping and playing video games so I thought I should get off my and do something. What about you? Are you into any sports or such?”

 

“not really but I like doing yoga in the park, I’m lucky my place has a balcony so sometimes I’ll do it during sunset”

 

“I’ve always been curious about yoga, we should do it together sometime”

 

“Only if I can come over and play video games”

 

“you’ve got yourself a deal”

 

Joohyun enjoyed this easy talk with occasional banter, it really wasn’t hard to get along with Wendy and she felt herself opening up to the girl more and more. The two then strolled around the park with their hands linked enjoying each other’s presence.

 

Wendy had kindly dropped her off in front of her door again leaving her with a kiss goodbye and just like a few nights before, Joohyun was equally as giddy.

 

---

 

Since that breakfast date the two had spent more and more time with each other whether it be in Joohyun’s or Wendy’s apartment where they’d watch movies with Joy, or the few occasions when Joy wasn’t there they’d do some other things. It has been around 3 weeks of spending everyday with each and Joohyun was wondering when Wendy would just buck up and make it official.

 

Releasing a deep sigh she was about to knock on said girl’s door ready to hang out but jumped in surprise when Seulgi was seen leaving.

 

“Oh Joohyun hi”

 

“Director Kang”

 

“Seulgi is just fine, Seungwan’s just gone into the shower. I’ll see you later”

 

“later?”

 

“Yeah, Wendy said we should meet up later for dinner, double date kind of thing. I’m surprised Sooyoung agreed to-“

 

“wait, you’re dating Sooyoung”

 

“she basically hounded me the day we met, of course I am. It’s my day off so I thought I’d hang with her. Anyway I’ve got to go otherwise she’ll rip my head off”

 

With that Joohyun entered the old warehouse turned loft apartment and placed her things down routinely as if she’s been living there for years. Now that the thought comes to her she definitely wouldn’t mind living with seungwan especially if she is always in the position she is now which is leaving the shower with grey sweats and a baggy t shirt on drying her now short brunette hair.

 

“Hey, you” Seungwan pecked her cheek then dropped on the couch next to her but was immediately bombarded with fingers combing through her new hair.

 

“Like it?”

 

“I’m obsessed with it, it suits you so much wan. Argh, I can’t stop touching it”

 

“well I’m going to need you to stop soon otherwise you’ll regret it”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter