Hijacked

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Somewhere in the mountains at 3.47am*

The camp sirens blasted at the early hours of the morning causing Seungwan to jolt to auto pilot where she jumped into her boots, shoved her clothes on and pulled out her handgun from its holder. These were no practice sirens; the camp has intruders and Seungwan is now on high alert.

Meanwhile Joohyun stirred awake at the loud noises panicking seeing Seungwan with a gun in hand and panicked eyes.

“Wan, what’s going on-“Seungwan quickly shushed her and motioned a finger to her lips to keep quiet. Joohyun then almost screamed when she heard shouts and gunshots being fired. Seungwan worried about the other girl who wasn’t used to situations like these, knelt down and held her hand starting to rub slow circles on her palm to calm her breathing.

Seungwan then whispered “The camp has been hijacked, I need you to stay calm and hide in here for as long as possible. I’m going to head out there to help anyone stranded. You need to stay quiet, lock the door and don’t open it for anyone. Anyone, do you hear me?”

Joohyun nodded profusely recognizing this situation to be between life and death. She shook as Seungwan placed her handgun in Joohyun’s tiny hands.

“I’ve taken it off of safety mode, so if you shoot…make sure to aim. I only have four rounds left so be careful okay. I’m going to go now, you’re going to be okay.” Seungwan made a move to leave but Joohyun clutched her tight.

“Please, I’m so scared Wan” Joohyun had tears streaking her cheeks to which Seungwan instantly felt sympathy, she cupped her jaw and wiped the tears away with her thumbs planting a reassuring kiss to her forehead.

Seungwan looked worried as the gunshots and shouts got louder, she tried her best to keep Joohyun’s emotions at bay.

“Hey now, we’ll be okay Hyun. Remember, lock the door and if you have to, aim straight”

Seungwan then bared a knife out of her boot and left the room leaving a petrified Joohyun chanting hey now, we’ll be okay.

---

Nearly four hours of crying, waiting and constantly shaking Joohyun clamped when she heard a faint knock on the infirmary door. She was trembling but promised Seungwan she’d stay quiet. The knocking got louder and she became even more scared.

“Joohyun? Are you in there…it’s Seulgi and Sooyoung” the faint voices on the other side of the door said. Still not trusting them she opened the door but didn’t falter her gun when she kept it pointing straight. When she saw there was no other threats, she threw the gun to the ground and sobbed into Sooyoung’s arms. Once she had settled down, she frantically looked around for Seungwan. Seulgi noticed and sat Joohyun down.

“Seungwan, she-she got into an altercation over a sergeant. Specifically, sergeant Park; she saw the hijacker’s trying to abduct him so she attacked them trying to save her troop but in the end, she was o-outnumbered and defenseless” Seulgi trembled recalling the events she saw, “They took her, they took Wan” Seulgi sobbed into her hand.

Joohyun tried to process the information but her head was spinning from all the exhaustion piled from the lack of sleep and high adrenaline that she just ended up passing out.

---

Seungwan felt herself slowly waking up, a spike of pain shot up her back as she felt her arms and legs were tied to a chair tightly, she was worried for her blood circulation. Unable to breathe or see anything with a cloth bag over her head panicked her even more. It was just like before.

Too many memories of dark cells, knives being held to on the daily, people beating her to a pulp to find out information that she didn’t know. She was reminded of the heinous events every time she saw the large scar on her torso from when she decided to fight back, and some bastard stabbed her.

The bag was eventually removed but soon followed by a hand clenching her face screaming at her in a language she didn’t know. Her head rolled forward as the man let go of her, but she screamed in pain next when he delivered multiple fists to her abdomen. She begged for them to stop tears welling up in her eyes at the hand gripping her hair and the constant blows they took on her. Exhausted and on the brink of blacking out Wendy was flowing in and out of consciousness all she knew was that she was thrown into a cell that smelled like wet mold, her back slammed on the wall and they left her to starve. She didn’t know how long it would be until they sent someone in to find her, being in this position before she didn’t even know if they were going to send anyone in to find her. Trying to not give up she tried to hang on as best as she could thinking of bunny eyes, pink lips, pale skin and hair as black as crows. Joohyun

---

*10 days later*

Seulgi slammed the phone in the cadet’s office, infuriated at the higher ups for not being concerned enough; her best friend was missing again. It’s just like last time, they don’t care, and they never will.

The bear like girl tried her best to keep Seungwan’s family updated every day, it had been day 10 without the Lieutenant and no progress had been made in her findings. Seulgi had told the camps sergeant general she had an inkling of where this extremist group could be holding Seungwan but officials were holding up saying they were waiting for a special task force to be sent over. Seulgi out of pure anger threw the phone across the office and stormed out to the medical tent to check up on Joohyun.

Speaking of the raven-haired girl, she was not taking it well. Once she woke up from her state of unconsciousness and processed the information the poor girl had a mental breakdown triggering a panic attack; to say Seulgi was worried was an understatement.

As Seulgi entered her eyes fell solemnly on the other girl who had barely moved, stuck in the chair that was facing the mountains. Seulgi wondered if this is what Bella went through when Edward left her? The uncertainty of the love of your life coming back especially after the two broke up.

“Sergeant Bae, there’s…no update as of now. Have you eaten?”

“She hasn’t and she’s still as stubborn as ever.” Sooyoung entered the secluded area with tired but concerned eyes. She truly had enough of Joohyun’s moping, at this point she just wanted her unnie back.

“Aish unnie, you need to eat. Seungwan unnie doesn’t want to come back to you looking like a bag of bones.”

“…Seungwan” Joohyun whispered into the distance which was the most she had spoken in days making the other two even more concerned.

Just then a familiar voice sounded through the tent.

“Oh Director Kang, I wasn’t expecting you here” Joohyun whipped her head round at the voice anger filling her eyes, she zoomed past the two towards Bogum snatching him by the collar and slapping his face.

“You, this is all YOUR fault!” Joohyun shouted as Bogum was trying to push her off. Joohyun kept rattling and screaming and she had finally reached her peak. She was swinging at him with all the little energy her body allowed she was shoving her finger in his chest she just needed to unleash all that pent up anger at someone and Bogum needed to hear it all.

“I never loved you like I love Seungwan, you and my mother drove us apart and you still can’t take a ing hint. That dinner months ago was living hell; you embarrassed me, my lover and made me realize how much better I am without people like you. Not only that you forced yourself on me and I was in such an emotional haze that I was stupid enough to kiss back. Let me tell you this Bogum, there is nothing more that I regret than that night.

I don’t want you in my life but here you are, and you cost me my sweet, kind Seungwan; not once but twice. Despite all you did she saved your life, you could be dead or in her position right now so the least you owe her is to leave me the alone.”

Joohyun finished her monologue with her breaths bated and felt a weight lift off of her chest, looking at Bogum’s face but the boy got the message finally. Soon after he left Joohyun almost collapsed in her seat from how weak and malnourished she was. All she could think of was the wellbeing of the girl she loved and prayed she was okay. Squeezing Seulgi’s hand she had the most pleading eyes, she begged.

“Please, bring her back, please.”

---

Seulgi secured the night vision goggles on her head signaling the four troops she bought with her to split up and surround the small building. Yes, Seulgi did go rogue and took a small squad of troops to get Wendy back and no, she didn’t notify the officials but frankly she didn’t care she was only focused on getting Seungwan back.

The soldiers were wearing all black and waited for the signal to ambush the place, the sniper in the distance counted down. On three Seulgi kicked down the door to the old rackety shed shot the first man whilst the troops took care of the rest. Seulgi led them through the corridors but was baffled when they were met with a dead end. Seulgi was sure this was the right place so where on earth could Seungwan be. They entered the front room again stepping over the bodies of the captors and noticed a rug in the corner which looked out of place, Seulgi was shocked that it led to a sealed hatch where a basement was. Climbing down the hatch she was shocked to see inhumane rooms that were like prison cells. She shuddered walking down the dark hallway and almost broke down when she saw the lifeless, unconscious, bloodied and battered body of her best friend.

“WANNIE!” Seulgi whined and busted down the cell doors, picking up her best friend’s body…it was so light and the dark circles under her eyes showed evident signs of abuse and malnourishment, the blood seeping out of her shirt was obvious and Seulgi was too nervous to see the wound.

Rushing out of the den with the troops carrying Seungwan over her shoulder running towards the helicopter that they had organized. Joohyun was inside the copter trying her best to stay professional when the love of her life was in need of urgent attention. Joohyun really did try her best but seeing Seungwan in that state made her freeze, all she could process was that Sooyoung was straddling Seungwan pumping her chest and screaming at her but none of it registering with the other girl.

“UNNIE, SHES FLATLINING, HELP ME STABALISE HER GODDAMIT!”

---

Joohyun never had the habit of biting her nails, well not until today. There she was pacing the hospital floors in front of the surgery doors waiting to hear good news. In the past 48 hours the girl was running on pure adrenaline and had not slept a wink. Once she had snapped out of her shocked trance in the helicopter, she scrambled to help Sooyoung stabilize a Seungwan who has barely hanging on. Joohyun’s arms were aching from the constant pumping but her and Sooyoung had to keep a constant rhythm until they arrived at a secret landing strip where they wheeled Seungwan to a private jet organized by her father to bring her back home. The plane ride was tense for Joohyun all she could do was hold a knocked out Seungwan’s hand and hope the other girl felt her warmth. Sooyoung and her patched her u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter