One Last Tour

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I just realised that in chapter 4 I introduced Yeri as Seungwan's sister then re-introduced her as Joohyun's sister in the following chapter, just shows I should proof read my work :') Anyway I've changed it to Ryujin being Seungwan's sister (it was a random pick lol). Enjoy !! 

---

*Two and a half years later*

 

[BREAKING NEWS]

 

Tensions between the US and North Korea have reached a peak, politicians have decided peace settlements will be off the table. The US president has also condemned the North Korean leader for not releasing the US hostage who was taken over 7 months ago. The President states that they will strengthen their bonds with South Korea to dissipate the tensions whilst staying on high alert-

 

“Wan, I’m home baby”

 

“Hyun, come watch the news. Holy with the way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if a war outbreaks.”

 

“Oh my god they still haven’t released that student yet?”

 

“Nope, it doesn’t help that he’s a US politician’s son. My dad was trying to get more information when I visited the camps today but it’s all classified” Seungwan placed a finger to her lips but Joohyun noticed something out of the ordinary with the other girl.

 

“Where’s your ring?”

 

“Oh, forgot about that.” Seungwan reached into her pocket reaching the silver band that was given to her by the love of her life over two years ago and placed it on the fourth finger of her left hand. What she didn’t notice was the daggers being sent her way by her wife.

 

“Don’t give me that look Hyun, you know I have to take it off when I do shooting practice.” The raven hummed and feigned off her façade pecking the brunette sweetly as a welcome home.

 

She was glad that Seungwan was frequenting work, since the accident years ago she decided to step back and take a more flexible job where she trained the newbies but could also work at home and go into the camps daily rather than permanently live there. As for Joohyun, she decided the army wasn’t for her especially after certain circumstances, so she works part time at the local hospital as a nurse. She did occasionally go back to the camps to see Sooyoung and Seulgi who had taken her wife’s position of camp Lieutenant whilst Sooyoung was now the head medic. The two were truly a powerhouse in charge and if the trainees were scared of Seungwan they should see what that little bear is capable of; Joohyun had to learn one time at games night and she will never underestimate Kang Seulgi ever ever again.

 

“How is father Son?”

 

“Missing you, we should go over soon they want to see you and the beach ball”

 

“HEY! Don’t call our child a beach ball, Yerim always reminds me daily of my bump. Why can’t she be more like Ryujin who is so polite? If anything when they come out they’ll look like you and you’ll regret saying that.” Seungwan pouted but rubbed the other’s belly trying to communicate her apologies to her future baby.

 

“Did your doctor’s appointment go well? Sorry I couldn’t stay, Seul called for an urgent best friends meeting…don’t tell her this but Sooyoung might have to change her title from captain Park to captain Kang.”

 

“No way…Seul finally bought a ring? Well, it was about damn time. And yes the doctors was all good”

 

“As it should be, do you know how expensive that procedure was? Cost me an arm and a leg…no literally, I spent all my military injury compensation for it” Seungwan whined in an amused grin

 

“You know I loathe that joke, you even said it in your wedding speech."

 

Their wedding was truly perfect, quaint and very simple just like Seungwan's proposal years back, she simply took the ring from her pocket and asked straight up; Joohyun preferred it that way. It was held in a local barn that had been cleared out and decorated to their requirements. Very few of their friends were there but they preferred it that way as for their families, the Sons were fully invested in the event even offering to pay for it to which Seungwan declined, she’s always preferred to be financially independent. As for the Baes the couple had gone down to Daegu to personally invite them and they were lucky that they left the city in one piece. Mr Bae and Yerim were ecstatic to come whilst Joohyun expressed the little care she gave if her mother was to attend…luckily she didn’t. Safe to say it was for the best considering Mr Bae got to spend the night reuniting with Mr Son and Yerim and Ryujin hit it off great. The night was filled with heartfelt speeches, body to body dances and plenty of champagne: their little slither of heaven.

 

Joohyun then added with a sour tone “And don’t act like you didn’t get a fat discount from the doctor”

 

“And luckily you put your pride to the side when you found out that your gynaecologist would be my one and only ex-girlfriend who gave us said discount”

 

“FYI Dr.Sejeong and I get along great all we talk about is how annoying you are” cutely raising her right eyebrow Joohyun continued to wife non-stop resulting to her appeasing the hamster with laughter and kisses drowning out the news that mentioned of a new task force being assembled for a deadly mission.

 

---

 

Wendy was sat on the edge of the bath helping a seated Joohyun wash her body seeing as the poor woman couldn’t reach her sides or back considering the mini human growing inside of her.

 

“Wan, you missed a spot on my back again” Joohyun huffed with slight anger, Seungwan realised it was the mood swings and didn’t take it personally. Joohyun was now in her third and final trimester nearing her due date so Seungwan had to be by her side 24/7 not that she minded but Joohyun wasn’t the easiest to deal with. Hormones alongside the pain of childbearing lead to many strange cravings, extra clinginess and short temper leading to Seungwan removing all loaves of bread from sight because who would have thought wheat could be used as a weapon.

 

Seungwan was rubbing all over her wife’s back making sure to cover every spot when her phone rang in her pocket, the brunette picked up the device carefully to not drop it in the tub and placed the phone on speaker resting on the sink.

 

“Lieutenant Wendy Son Seungwan?”

 

“Speaking”

 

“I’m calling from the South Korean foreign office, we have been advised to get in contact with you.”

 

“May I ask what for Mr-“

 

“Choi, Choi Minho and unfortunately details are classified, we would require a meeting with you asap.”

 

“You see sir my wife is currently pregnant and is due any day and I would prefer to not be away from her in the extreme case of an emergency”

 

“Ah I see, well you are welcome to bring your wife along if you wish. The meeting is with a high government official and only you will be permitted into the room whilst your wife waits outside. Is that doable Lieutenant?”

 

“Yes Mr Choi, it is.” Seungwan had gotten approval of her curious wife who nodded her head whilst listening to the call whilst her wife massaged her scalp.

 

“Perfect, can you do tomorrow afternoon say around 4ish?”

 

“Yes Sir”

 

“Perfect then we will send a car to your residences to bring you to your meeting at the Blue House, see you tomorrow Mrs Son”

 

“Wait, did you just say the blue ho-“ but the other man hung up leaving a wide eyed Seungwan and Joohyun. The brunette turned to her wife.

 

“Am I meeting the president tomorrow?” Joohyun tried her best to tackle the girl in a hug equally ecstatic.

 

“WANNIE! I’m so happy for you baby. What if they want to award you a key to the city? Or give you a personal thank you, wow the president that’s really impre-“ the blabbering Joohyun was shut up by her wife’s lips. Seungwan then pulled away with a million dollar smile on her face.

 

“I’m so so proud of you Wannie, you worked so hard for this”

 

“All thanks to you my Hyunnie” Seungwan then bent down to peck her wife’s belly “As well as you my darling, imagine that huh? Key to the city. Well my dear baby whatever your mother gets awarded tomorrow I promise it’s all for you” Seungwan cooed to her wife’s stomach and Joohyun just watched the sight beaming with pride and love. That’s my wife, damn.

 

---

 

Joohyun dusted the lapels of Seungwan’s black blazer that she paired with a pair of matching trousers and booted heels.

 

“Appa, Yerim and your family called to send their best wishes and want to hear the good news after the meeting. But most importantly I just want you to know how proud I am of you and so thankful to call you my wife. You are going to be a wonderful role model to our child and an even better mother. I love you Wan”

 

“I love you too Hyun, it’s all thanks to you darling.” Joohyun just gave her wife a warm smile then broke to a silly demeanour.

 

“You ready Lieutenant Son?”

 

“MAAM, YES MAAM!” Seungwan mocked a salute to her grinning wife who give her a nose a peck in return. Just as the two were about to leave their house Seungwan was sure to steal a quick few kisses just to convey how much she loved her wife but the other wasn’t too happy as the result of her love was smudged lipstick and flushed cheeks.

 

The pair’s jaws dropped when they saw 6 black convertibles with tinted windows and South Korean flags were parked outside with suited men. One tall handsome looking man approached them.

 

“Mrs Son and Mrs Son, good to finally meet you I’m Choi Minho. Should we get going?” The man offered a firm handshake and went to his own car that led the convoy. Meanwhile Seungwan and Joohyun hopped in their silver jeep wrangler trying not to be embarrassed as they followed Minho’s car surrounded by other high profile vehicles.

 

Once they had arrived at the blue house their car was scanned for any weapons then put in valet. The pair were escorted to the main office but couldn’t help but gawk at the incredible interior of the place they saw so often on TV.

 

A sweet looking secretary with the name Lia greeted them and offered them to wait on the couch outside the meeting room. She brought them tea and conversed with the pair inquiring about the baby and such until Seungwan was then called into the office. The brunette stood with an aura of confidence and marched into the office after receiving an encouraging pat on the shoulder from her wife.

 

Upon entering Seungwan was starstruck at seeing the president sitting in his office chair looking very professional, he looked even better than on TV she thought. She bowed profusely to the older man repeating how much it was of an honour it was to meet him as he guided her to a seat.

 

“Lieutenant Son first off let me thank you for all your hard work that you have done on behalf of this country and all the hardships you have been through. It is truly admirable so I truly commend you for your service.”

 

“It was an honour to serve my country Sir”

 

“I hope you don’t mind me asking but the injuries that you sustained? Are they permanent?”

 

“No sir, my doctor has said I’ve fully healed and I have returned to my daily exercise routine. So far I haven’t experienced any faults, mentally my health took a longer recovery time but I am on the road to mend.”

 

“That is wonderful news Lieutenant and I am truly happy to hear that. Now Lieutenant Son you’re probably wondering why you’re here – I’m sure you’ve seen the news in the past recent weeks?”

 

“Yes sir, it seems that our foreign policy with the US will become even stronger to intimidate the North. Also that the US want to issue sanctions to the North for their lack of release for that politician’s son.”

 

“They were right you really are smart, well Lieutenant Son there is no other way to say it but your country needs you again. I am asking, personally, because you have been highly recommended by many officials that you be drafted into a private task force made up of US and Korean soldiers to get the hostage back”

 

Seungwan’s world stopped, that was definitely not what she was expecting.

 

“Sir, I-I don’t think I understand. You want me to go to the north on a private mission to extract the hostage?”

 

“Precisely”

 

“Sir with all respect, I have been on two tours and both of them ended with me being abducted and heavily injured and to add I was never saved by the government. I am sorry to sound disrespectful but surely you can spare someone like me who has gone through so much emotional trauma?”

 

“I’m terribly sorry Lieutenant, I genuinely am. My country failed you both times and I take full responsibility but I need you to understand the gravity of this request. It holds an incredible amount of eco-political benefits and you are the woman for the job. Please Lieutenant I beg of you to accept, we as a government can guarantee this be your last deployment and we will personally fund you as you sit fit as retirement. Your wife is pregnant correct? We will pay for the child’s tuition fees, scholarship to the best institutions in the world you name it Lieutenant. We just need you on this mission.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter