Sticks And Stones

Hero's Welcome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was impatiently waiting outside the general’s office and flinched when she heard a shout or bang. She was so worried about Lieutenant Son and became so intrigued about her after divulging into her background. Truthfully, Joohyun admired any volunteered, dedicated army personel as most of them were passionate for fighting for their country, people like Son are those who she respects especially since she was a true independent woman.

 

Meanwhile in the office…

 

“What were you thinking!!” Sergeant Kim had his head hung low as Son had her arms crossed over her chest.

 

“Son uncross your arms… I don’t tolerate arrogance.”

 

“My apologies general.” Wendy hung her head alike to the coward next to her.

 

“Well… I’m waiting for an answer. What was the meaning of this fight?”

 

“Mr. Kim gave a harsh and extremely inappropriate welcoming to the new nursing staff and I decided to teach him a lesson.”

 

“Is this true Taehyung?” the man stayed silent.

 

“I take your silence as a confirmation.” With a sigh the general continued “Sergeant Kim, I’m afraid that we do not tolerate behaviour like that here. Neither do we tolerate a lieutenant attacking a Sergeant.” Wendy’s smirk instantly fell.

 

“I expect more from the both of you. Kim, you will both receive  1 month unpaid suspension.” The general declared, enraging the 2 people in front of him.

 

“WHAT!!”

 

“You both have left me no choice; your behaviour is unacceptable and purely immature. I suggest you take this leave to reflect and grow up.”

 

Wendy whined “But App-” and fell quiet when saw her father’s eyebrow raised.

 

“I mean, appeal. Please appeal my side of the story.”

 

“No, that’s that and I don’t want to hear any more. Pack your stuff and get the hell out of my office.” Wendy knew she couldn’t do anything at this point and hated it when her dad was stubborn and couldn’t give her special treatment, but she knew it wouldn’t be fair. Wendy paced inside the office taking deep breaths trying to maintain her anger. She closed the door behind Kim and turned to her dad.

 

“Appa, pleas-“

 

“Enough Wendy, you know I can’t do anything. You broke the rules and you know the consequences. And its General Son to you, now leave and go home. Your mother and sister miss you.” Wendy knew she shouldn’t pry further when it comes to her short tempered father.

 

Kim left first whilst Son remained inside to try and talk to her dad but had no luck. Taehyung exited the office with head low, not realising someone was right outside, Taehyung was soon stopped by Joohyun’s arm and was met with a punch to the face: he groaned and held his face. Joohyun looked at him and sternly said “act like a , get punched like a . I sure as hell won’t be fixing that broken nose.” Taehyung then left in tears. .

 

Wendy soon came out and didn’t notice Joohyun either. To no avail, her anger got the best of her causing her to kick the lockers next to the office hard. She caused a dent in the metal locker and turned when she heard a yelp. She was met with the beautiful goddess-like girl she helped but Wendy remained nonchalant and wore a stoic expression despite the fluttery feelings she was feeling.

 

“M-Ms. Son” Joohyun hesitated.

 

“That’s Lieutenant Son to you.” Wendy deadpanned

 

Wow. What an . Joohyun thought.

 

“Okay, Lieutenant Son. I just would like to thank you for earlier... y-y-you now with helping me and sorts.”

 

“Well, seeing your fist… I would assume you could have handled it just fine.” Wendy pointed to her red fist which was evident she used to punch Taehyung with.

 

“Yes, well… he was an . He deserved it.”

 

“True.” Wendy and Joohyun chuckled to themselves.

 

Joohyun felt bold put on her best doe eyes and bit her lips “You know… you should really smile more, it looks good on you.”

 

Wendy was surprised by the comment and smirked “But then no one would be scared of me.”

 

“AH… I see the typical scary Lieutenant. What should I call you Rambo?” They chuckled more.

 

“I mean it though lieutenant, you have this hard cover on the outside, but I can tell you're nice. Your smile says it all.” Wendy went red all over out of embarrassment.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter