III

Waltz for the Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Joohyun never thought her heart would beat like this. Atrial flutter, in medical terms, she tells herself as a doctor. The abnormal heart rhythm she always gets to diagnose her patients with, she is feeling it now. It’s definitely not normal. She is in love.

She hasn’t felt this way since she was too busy to date anyone. Studying was her first priority when she was in med school. Her over competitiveness is both her strength and weakness. She tends to overwork herself to achieve things the way she wants to. Like for example, graduating with Latin honors in med school. She spent her time mostly on reading. She has too much medical books to learn. She wanted to be the best cardiothoracic surgeon she always promised herself to be.

She thinks Seulgi is child-like. Full of freedom and energy. More of like a high school student. Why would Seulgi do the no-breathing joke just to make her laugh? It was childish but Joohyun thinks about the past. The time she wasted studying and not really feeling what life was supposed to be. Seulgi can give her that.

The food really suited Joohyun’s liking. No wonder why people would line up for this kind of food and ambience. It was just right at all the angles.

“What made you specialize in cardiothoracic surgery?” Seulgi asks before she shoves a piece of steak in .

“My dad died from coronary artery disease. So I wanted to help others who suffer from that because I wasn’t able to do anything for my dad.” Joohyun is still smiling. It was the sole reason why she worked hard to be a surgeon.

“I think doctors in general have a lot of patience. I respect you for that.” Seulgi says in delight. She is happy Joohyun was good at opening up to her.

“Come see my office if ever you feel something out of the ordinary with your heart.” Joohyun says clearly pertaining to something medical.

“Oh, can I come after our date? I’m actually feeling something out of the ordinary right now.” Seulgi smiles nervously. She knows for a fact that her heart was fluttering the moment she looks at Joohyun. Sometimes her heart beats too fast. Sometimes, it’s just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter