IV

Waltz for the Thirsty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Seulgi feels surreal. Who would have thought she would get a good catch today? Joohyun as a catch needs a real keeper. Not that Seulgi isn’t. She wants to be Joohyun’s keeper. Because finally, she met someone who made her heart thump restlessly. Sure, she can woo anyone who is attractive, no doubt in that. She’s got looks, fame and money. Only a fool would reject her. But where’s the thrill in that?

Being a music producer has given Seulgi a lot of rumors with her artists too. She’d be lying if she says she haven’t really slept with some of them. Of course she did. Both men and women. She tried for the sake of the buzz. She’s had her fair share of tabloid coverage too. The music industry is not as innocent as it suggests. In her twenty-fourth year of existence, she’s in the heat of her youth.

More restless thumps and she doesn’t think she can go to sleep tonight. She keeps tossing and turning in her bed after she had that message exchange with Joohyun.

Seulgi: I hope you went home alright!

Joohyun: I did. I had a great time today. Our first and second dates, both of them.

Seulgi feels like jelly. Swooning over Joohyun makes her heart tickle more. She decided not to reply. It was getting late. She fears she would be keeping Joohyun up if she texts her so much.

---

Joohyun feels like crap. She hasn’t been home for four days. She hasn’t slept properly. She hasn’t eaten properly. She hasn’t seen Seulgi in four days because someone from her department resigned so suddenly. All the workload and operations were transferred to her name. As much as she wants to spend time with Seulgi, she cannot abandon these patients.

She picks up her ringing phone. It’s Seulgi. “Hey.”

“Which hospital are you working for again?” Seulgi asks from the other end of the line.

“The one a few blocks away from the park we first met.” Joohyun says.

“Look down.”

Joohyun looks down from where she is and spots Seulgi in the lobby. She hangs up and goes for the escalators.

“I’m actually visiting my sister.” Seulgi pecks on Joohyun’s cheek.

“Is your sister confined here? Is she sick?” Joohyun demands answers.

A voice from behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter